PDA

View Full Version : Clarifications on fantasy grounds usage.

Cinnaderps
June 17th, 2018, 03:26
So we're looking at fantasy grounds for use for our home game when we can't meet up. I'm trying to find the information online but can't seem to find the exact answers. We're looking to do a home brew campaign maybe a module.

I was looking at the differences between standard and ultimate. Is there anything besides the being able to host free players?

How does sharing content work with someone buying a module books etc in this regard?

Does only one person need to buy a module/book for everyone to be able to use it for making a character?

If I the GM want to be a player instead does the new GM need to buy that module to be able to GM as long as we have all have a standard account or will I be able to share the content from my account as long as I'm in the game provided I have a standard/ultimate account?

I know these are similar but I just want to clarify things before we delve a couple hundred into fantasy grounds.

Myrdin Potter
June 17th, 2018, 03:32
The only difference is the ability to host people that just have a demo license. Ultimate anyone can join. Standard, you all need a standard license. For a group of 5, 4 players and ones DM, the cost is about the same in total. So if you often switch DM, I suggest all have standard licenses. If there is only one DM, then Ultimate may be better.

The only catch is that purchased materials are linked to one account (for things you create yourself you can swap the files). The DM can share what they own so the whole table can use their PHB, but a player can only use what they own otherwise.

Even with a set of standard licenses, one person can buy the PHB and host a session where everyone makes a character, but it is not available to everyone if they are not the DM later. Characters can be moved.

Cinnaderps
June 17th, 2018, 14:32
Regarding the bhp share does that extend to the other books as well for sharing like mm volos xanathar etc

damned
June 17th, 2018, 14:36
hey Cinderps

All books can be shared only by the GM.
Not all books should be shared.
Eg you should never share a MM, DMG or an Adventure Module.
You can share pages or tables or individual items from these books if required.

Cinnaderps
June 17th, 2018, 14:46
Thanks for the answers all. This helps me out greatly.