PDA

View Full Version : [Extension] Advanced Kombat (Pathfinder)

Ken L
June 14th, 2018, 23:29
This contribution has been removed by the author due to a disagreement with the change to the contributor license enacted by Smiteworks.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47443-The-Fantasygrounds-Content-License-change-and-how-it-affects-contributors

Moderators editing this post to re-upload it seem to have no respect for the original author's intentions, and would rather keep whatever value this provided to smiteworks.

Ken L
June 14th, 2018, 23:29
<removed>

Ken L
June 14th, 2018, 23:30
<removed>

Ken L
June 14th, 2018, 23:31
<removed>

damned
June 15th, 2018, 00:15
WoW!
Thats a lot of work. Well done KenL.

yeknom
June 15th, 2018, 02:26
I would like to say thanks a lot for this. It is an excellent extension Ken L.

madman
June 15th, 2018, 11:33
I have been playin with this for hours and all I can say is WOW. The time and effort for effects is gone. Love the ping. All of it will add so much. Thank you and again Thank You.

Madman..

As a side note:

I use these extensions and everything seems to work just fine.

Big Fonts
Party Item ID
DOE Sounds
DOE Locations
Readycheck
Fantasy Lang Fonts
CT Session Numbers
Hero Points
MotD
Enhanced Items

darrenan
June 16th, 2018, 01:19
So far I'm loving this extension, but having a little confusion with one of the features. With just your extension loaded, and a brand new empty campaign, the apply effect to all selected tokens doesn't work for me. I've tried multi-selecting either via shift-click, or using selection mode. No matter how I multi-select, when I drop an effect on a token it only goes on that token. I was a little confused by your video snippet above, because it shows you clicking the effects in the Effects window, but that also doesn't work for me, I need to drag them. They don't seem to be clickable. I've tried various combinations of modifier keys as well to no avail.

darrenan
June 16th, 2018, 01:23
Also charge should be -2 to AC, you say -1 up above, hopefully that's just a typo here, and not in the extension, I haven't tested that yet.

darrenan
June 16th, 2018, 01:29
The targeted and selected buttons on the mini effect window seem counter-intuitive to me in that they light up when they are disabled, and dim when enabled.

darrenan
June 16th, 2018, 02:02
Map ping doesn't seem to change the client's view window for me as your example shows above. It does drop the ping token at the location, and if the client scrolls manually to that spot it is visible, but the client's map isn't moving to the ping location.

Sync client view still seems to work.

darrenan
June 16th, 2018, 02:20
Love NPC Id, it's a feature I've contemplated coding up several times myself but never found the time. Stellar extension, none of the minor issues above are going to stop me from using it. I will likely be looking to integrate my strain/injury extension into this, as a configurable option of course, as several of the script files overlap with this one and I use the strain/injury rules in a couple of my current campaigns.

Ken L
June 16th, 2018, 03:15
@darrenan

Ping works both on 3.3.5A and 3.3.6 (test release). Are you pinging an image the player has access to? Upload a video or GIF.

Charge is indeed +2/-2, It's a typo, I'll edit that out.

Regarding the targeted/selected; button conventions work both ways, darkened is 'down' in many implementations, I don't have plans to change that, but you can if you wish.

Laucian
June 16th, 2018, 03:31
This is absolutely incredible! So much of this has been on my wishlist. I've only run into 2 possible issues, the size/reach "auras" no longer show up, and if the token has a "bloody" image on it you can no longer hover over the effects to get a description.

I will likely be looking to integrate my strain/injury extension into this, as a configurable option of course, as several of the script files overlap with this one and I use the strain/injury rules in a couple of my current campaigns.

If you do manage to get strain/injury working please post it, I use that as well.

Ken L
June 16th, 2018, 03:38
I've only run into 2 possible issues, the size/reach "auras" no longer show up.

All the colored auras are gone as noted in the Preliminary, I've edited this to include reach auras. They were never correct for reach greater than 5ft as they only made a square and didn't respect 10/15/10 reach. I have no intention to change this, you can edit them back in yourself if you wish.

Laucian
June 16th, 2018, 03:44
All the colored auras are gone as noted in the Preliminary, I've edited this to include reach auras. They were never correct for reach greater than 5ft as they only made a square and didn't respect 10/15/10 reach. I have no intention to change this, you can edit them back in yourself if you wish.
>_< I've read that several times and still missed that. Also the reach thing is correct I believe FAQ (https://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fm#v5748eaic9sp8)

darrenan
June 16th, 2018, 05:12
Ping works both on 3.3.5A and 3.3.6 (test release). Are you pinging an image the player has access to? Upload a video or GIF.

Yes. I had two copies of FG running side by side, one host and one client, both looking at the same map shared by the host. The sync client view function works just fine, changing the view on the client side, but for some reason the client view doesn't change when I ping (shift-click right?) on the host.

And for all my comments above, this was done in a test campaign with only AK loaded.

EDIT: Attached a zip file containing a video: 23760

Ken L
June 16th, 2018, 05:16
With just your extension loaded, and a brand new empty campaign, the apply effect to all selected tokens doesn't work for me.

Are you sure you have nothing else loaded. If any script is haphazardly replaced you'll get unintended side effects. They're interwoven in areas that might not seem obvious.
https://imgur.com/V4qPukq.gif

Regarding your ping issues, the host side not snapping is on purpose. I've found this disorients the host, and if you look at other VTTs, they don't "self ping" if the intention of the ping is to get other clients to focus. Some might, but this lack of self pinging in AK is by design.

darrenan
June 16th, 2018, 05:30
OK I can live without those features I guess.

dantedoom
June 16th, 2018, 22:26
Hey, really great extension! Congrats!

But i found something odd happening...

When I use the encounter to populate the map and CT with the monsters for the encounter the token doesn't come invisible. All players can see the token and can also move it... When I click in the Hostile icon in the CT, it goes normal hiding again...

Ken L
June 17th, 2018, 02:10
Hey, really great extension! Congrats!

But i found something odd happening...

When I use the encounter to populate the map and CT with the monsters for the encounter the token doesn't come invisible. All players can see the token and can also move it... When I click in the Hostile icon in the CT, it goes normal hiding again...

Encounters have always had this issue, I noted this in the map tokens section. You can't create encounters, and setup the tokens without the players seeing them. Map tokens however let you pre-place the npc tokens directly on the map rather than the encounter. See the subsection for information.

dantedoom
June 17th, 2018, 04:14
Encounters have always had this issue, I noted this in the map tokens section. You can't create encounters, and setup the tokens without the players seeing them. Map tokens however let you pre-place the npc tokens directly on the map rather than the encounter. See the subsection for information.

Thanks Ken!!

You should make paid extension... Have you ever wondered?
I would gladly pay for really good extensions. Not that I don't like this free... Lol
Think about it, maybe some on demand or maybe something like complete effect packages like there are for 5ed! Lol just saying that you make a wonderful job!

Thanks again!

Ken L
June 17th, 2018, 18:50
v1.1 Update: icon flexibity, and combat snap update.
- Added: Icons indicating "more" effects for all statuses. If you have an effect line "fascinated; entangled; ATK: 1;" the "fascinated" status icon will have the 3 dot "more" indicator, this applies to all normal status effects now
- Changed: The combat snap selected combat entry will now show everything that the active combat entry does, with the addition of the defense parameters. This makes eyeballing AC and accessing saves on the fly much easier.

See Github for the freshest updates.

dantedoom
June 17th, 2018, 21:10
Hey Ken, noticed something that maybe you can help me...

I tried using map tokens to pre-place the encounters as you sugested! But I noticed that the tokens shows to the players in the tokens button, in a token bag! Any way to avoid this?

Ken L
June 17th, 2018, 22:04
....the tokens shows to the players in the tokens button, in a token bag! Any way to avoid this?

This is something native to FG. I personally have edited the desktop.lua in my themed extensions to remove the token box entirely from the player view. You can do something similar. That's outside the scope of AK however. You can ask in the workshop forums and I'm sure someone will point you in the right direction.

damned
June 17th, 2018, 22:59
Hey Ken, noticed something that maybe you can help me...

I tried using map tokens to pre-place the encounters as you sugested! But I noticed that the tokens shows to the players in the tokens button, in a token bag! Any way to avoid this?

This happens with or without the AK extension - it is in the engine as KenL points out.

Ckorik
June 19th, 2018, 04:17
Yes. I had two copies of FG running side by side, one host and one client, both looking at the same map shared by the host. The sync client view function works just fine, changing the view on the client side, but for some reason the client view doesn't change when I ping (shift-click right?) on the host.

And for all my comments above, this was done in a test campaign with only AK loaded.

Same thing here 3.3.5A - same behavior with the client on the same machine. Had my wife load up her client and test - same thing - the ping icon shows up on the map - clicking anywhere else makes it go away - but the map doesn't synch to the view when pinging.

Only extension loaded was the Advanced Kombat.

Can modules affect this?

Ken L
June 19th, 2018, 04:41
If you only have AK loaded, it should work. If you can upload a video of the issue that would narrow things down. In my 2 campaigns in which I use this, I haven't had a report of it not working.

Does 'sync client view' work when you right click the image and select it? Ping essentially does just that with the addition of the token.

I'll take a look at it this weekend.

Ckorik
June 19th, 2018, 05:20
Yeah - I even created a new campaign to test just to make sure it was fresh - here is a vid - I can admit - it's possible I am just doing something wrong, honestly I don't know that I'll use it - but I was trying to test everything listed and couldn't get it to work.

https://youtu.be/uFi1ySEjhL0

Ken L
June 19th, 2018, 05:42
Great to see it confirmed, Darren brought this up earlier but I was skeptical.

What's weird is that it works for some but not others which I honestly don't have an answer for.

I'll change the DB update handler into a OOB based message which should work as I feel it's a database permission issue. IE: if you don't have permission to read the node, you can't get the x/y/image data to ping to. Which is odd as the node is set as public. I have encountered where FG will not set the node as public at times though I haven't isolated why.

Ckorik
June 19th, 2018, 05:54
As long as it's helpful I'm happy to test stuff and report. I'm really digging the rest of the mod so consider me happy even if that part is busted for me lol

Vinsterwald
June 19th, 2018, 18:37
Hey, i love this extension ! Really great ! :D

But same issue with the ping as darrenan and Ckorik

Ken L
June 20th, 2018, 04:42
I believe I have the ping resolved, however it brought to my attention a new bug with height. Currently after adding tokens to the tracker, the height widget will not display to the clients until either an effect is added or the token takes damage, this is due to a change in the update piping from awhile ago.

I'll push out both the ping fix as well as the height fix sometime this weekend.

AndreBLJ
June 20th, 2018, 11:33
This extension is absolutely brilliant, thanks for everything you have done!

Concerning "7. Combat Snapping" I was wondering if there's a way to modify the background when selecting or hovering in the map (those blue and green squares). I found most of the images and frames which are perfect but I just wanted to resize those and I have no idea how to do it!

Ken L
June 20th, 2018, 13:30
@Andre

You can edit graphics_frames.xml in the graphics directory. You'll need to look at some workshop guidelines regarding their 9 patch/slice graphics.

Also in 3.3.6, Moon integrated his own take on NPCID so 3.3.6 will not work with AK until I resolve this difference, ETA unknown. Your welcome moon.

darrenan
June 20th, 2018, 18:10
So far I'm loving this extension, but having a little confusion with one of the features. With just your extension loaded, and a brand new empty campaign, the apply effect to all selected tokens doesn't work for me. I've tried multi-selecting either via shift-click, or using selection mode. No matter how I multi-select, when I drop an effect on a token it only goes on that token. I was a little confused by your video snippet above, because it shows you clicking the effects in the Effects window, but that also doesn't work for me, I need to drag them. They don't seem to be clickable. I've tried various combinations of modifier keys as well to no avail.

Was anyone else able to reproduce this issue, or is this one only me?

Vinsterwald
June 20th, 2018, 19:22
Was anyone else able to reproduce this issue, or is this one only me?

yes unfortunately same problem :(

Ken L
June 21st, 2018, 06:02
Just to clarify, you're talking about mutli-select effect application from the main effects window? Darren also mentioned applying effects from the mini-effect select mode not working? I'll need a video to see what's happening with only AK loaded.

Vinsterwald
June 21st, 2018, 22:01
Just to clarify, you're talking about mutli-select effect application from the main effects window? Darren also mentioned applying effects from the mini-effect select mode not working? I'll need a video to see what's happening with only AK loaded.

KevenSimmons
June 22nd, 2018, 02:38
Is there a new button/menu/hotkey for accepting player movement when tokens are locked? The "Effects" menu option is now where that used to be.

Ken L
June 22nd, 2018, 03:54
Is there a new button/menu/hotkey for accepting player movement when tokens are locked? The "Effects" menu option is now where that used to be.

I just use middle mouse button (mouse wheel click).

Regarding the effects. The mini effect window needs to have the "selected" option down, absent of that it applies only to the token that was right clicked, also known as the context token. The big effect window is interesting as I don't see why it wouldn't work.

KevenSimmons
June 22nd, 2018, 04:08
Thanks Ken, given I use a trackball without a middle button or clickable wheel, I never knew that existed as an option.

Ken L
June 22nd, 2018, 11:12
The issue was that there weren't many options to replace, the entire radial was filled. The only replaceable menu items where the 'rotate token' left/right and the accept move on the GM side as the remainder I considered 'essential'. I don't think there's a programmable way to move the middle button behavior anywhere, it's similar to the right click being hard-wired to the radial menu.

Is there a more preferable menu option? I might shift the 'add-selected to tracker' and 'add to tracker' into a nested action and put the effects into either the left or right turn option.

Ken L
June 23rd, 2018, 17:15
WARNING: This update requires you to switch to the test release of FG to access 3.3.6, you can do this from settings on the main launcher.

Update 1.25:
- Fixed Ping issue by switching to OOB messaging
- Fixed Encounters being visible due to layers intergration
- FIxed Height widget and others not populating after initially added to the tracker until damaged or effect added.
- Added Tracker widget for "On Map" to replace the token scale widget which was removed in 3.3.6 (which I used to tell if a token was placed on map counter to its original purpose oddly)
- Resolved merge with 3.3.6's NPCID feature that moon integrated

Ken L
June 23rd, 2018, 21:36
WARNING: This update requires you to switch to the test release of FG to access 3.3.6, you can do this from settings on the main launcher.

Update 1.26
- Reverted to 3.3.6 encounter naming behavior

madman
June 24th, 2018, 00:13
Thanks.

Madman..

Ken L
June 24th, 2018, 18:59

Update 1.261
- Fix for NPCID for token titles and tooltips

Ken L
June 25th, 2018, 12:23

Update 1.262
- Workaround: temporary work around to let npcid work. It's a problem with the clients being unable to access the link node as well as a merge issue on my end with the client ct entry.
- Note: This will change during tuesday as that's when FG typically updates both test and live, so if you're using this for your game this week, hold off on updating this Tuesday as I won't be able to do anything till the weekend.

damned
June 25th, 2018, 12:29
Burning some midnight oil KenL!

Ken L
June 25th, 2018, 12:33
? I only dabbled at bit after my game (which ran late) I just was testing a bit this morning. I tend to do this with projects as I self-QA better after I sleep.

Ken L
June 26th, 2018, 22:57
I discovered there's a bug in the 3.3.6 code for 3.5/PF where saves actually throw errors due to roll totals coming in as strings for some reason. I patched that up for the PF AK, but I'll wait to see what moon does to patch up the test release before I release it for PF.

Moon Wizard
June 27th, 2018, 03:35
I've pushed a new beta of 3.5E for v3.3.6 just to address that issue.

JPG

dellanx
June 28th, 2018, 00:52
Is version v3.3.6 out yet?

LordEntrails
June 28th, 2018, 02:07
Is version v3.3.6 out yet?
No.

dellanx
June 28th, 2018, 02:27
I am getting an error screen when I load the extension. I did not load the tokens yet. I there a procedure for installing this extension?

I will post error message later today.

dellanx
June 29th, 2018, 00:48
I took a screenshot of the error message. Any ideas what is going on?

Ken L
June 29th, 2018, 00:53
See the post near the git hub link regarding compatibility and release.

damned
June 29th, 2018, 00:56
dellanx have you tested without all the other extensions you have loaded?

dellanx
June 29th, 2018, 01:20
See the post near the git hub link regarding compatibility and release.

Ahh, Thanks!

dellanx
June 29th, 2018, 02:10
One more question, how does one get to all the targeting options on combat map, or is it automatic?

I tried it with and without other extensions, same result.

Ken L
June 29th, 2018, 03:58
Combat tokens must be placed on the top layer, I'ved updated the main posting with this information.

dellanx
June 29th, 2018, 04:15
Combat tokens must be placed on the top layer, I'ved updated the main posting with this information.

Thank you very much, I love it Ken. Especially the creature identification!

dantedoom
July 1st, 2018, 18:04

Update 1.262
- Workaround: temporary work around to let npcid work. It's a problem with the clients being unable to access the link node as well as a merge issue on my end with the client ct entry.
- Note: This will change during tuesday as that's when FG typically updates both test and live, so if you're using this for your game this week, hold off on updating this Tuesday as I won't be able to do anything till the weekend.

Just saw this today, i'm currently using live version and v1 of extension. Should I update or wait the new release?

LordEntrails
July 1st, 2018, 18:43
Just saw this today, i'm currently using live version and v1 of extension. Should I update or wait the new release?
That depends upon what you want. Going to the test release means you get a solution for this issue, but you open yourself up to unknown issues. The devil you know, or the devil you don't?

Moon Wizard
July 1st, 2018, 19:05
I just pushed a test release update on Friday which may or may not impact this extension; so I’d wait until Ken has posted again.

Regards,
JPG

dantedoom
July 1st, 2018, 19:44
I just pushed a test release update on Friday which may or may not impact this extension; so I’d wait until Ken has posted again.

Regards,
JPG

Thanks! Will wait!

RobboNJ69
July 5th, 2018, 03:36
OUTSTANDING! Thank you for the awesome extension. A great addition to already amazing software. This fixes a lot of things on my wish list.

I absolutely love the fact that you kept it uncompressed. I was able to easily tweak the opacity on the token indicator (blue/green) and change a couple of the overlay images for damage.

On the topic of compatibility - couple conflicts I noticed (to save some of you time):
It does not work with:
Strain and Injury HP Variant Rules
Moon-Tracker (not to be confused with Moon Wizard)

But it does work with:
CreatureGen (thankfully)

I hope these changes are being considered for inclusion in the next or future release. The Combat Snapping feature alone will save lots of frustration and time; trying to find that one orc in the combat tracker when there 20 to pick from.

Ken, Thanks again for all the hard work! And guys at SmiteWorks; thanks for the great platform and for letting users develop extensions.

Ken L
July 9th, 2018, 22:46

Update 1.265: Merge to current 3.3.6
- Fixed NPCID merge (again)

Edit: there was an update to test server that broke status icons, I'm currently looking into it.

Ken L
July 11th, 2018, 12:03

Update 1.266: Patch for options manager 3.3.6
- Fixed Options manager for wound categories and effect icons were migrated to a different location? Resolved.

Ken L
August 2nd, 2018, 03:57
Update 1.3: Version lock to 3.3.6
- Added Version lock for 3.3.6, it will throw errors if used for any other version of FG.
- Added Radial icons for "add to tracker" and "remove from tracker" to replace the default ones
- Fixed Tooltip for the toggle layers button won't say 'toggle grid toolbar' anymore.

Notes: With the release of 3.3.6, you no longer need to be on test server to use this extension. Also it's now version locked to 3.3.6 so it'll throw errors for older and newer versions. This doesn't mean that if 3.3.X comes out it's useless as it'll still load the extension, but it's a 'use at your own risk' kind of deal. I may update it in-line with FG pending time and the amount of changes, but keep a backup of 3.3.6 just in-case.

Lord Kavos
August 2nd, 2018, 04:55
Have updated & added the latest version, seems to work well, no issues so far.

Thanks again Ken for the great work!

Vinsterwald
August 2nd, 2018, 18:30
Updated to the latest version
I received an Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_versionchk.lua"]:12: attempt to index local 'extInfo' (a nil value)
every other extension disabled

Thanks Ken !

Ken L
August 2nd, 2018, 22:42
I received an Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_versionchk.lua"]:12: attempt to index local 'extInfo' (a nil value)

That shouldn't happen as the version checker literally looks up the extension itself (advanced_kombat_pf) unless case sensitivity varies across platforms; or you changed the extension name.

Update 1.31: The DRM 'compatibility' update
- Added: Read-only ignore for toolbar visibility so layers toggle is accessible as well as other options
- Fixed?: Version check error/workaround for possible case differences across operating systems.

madman
August 2nd, 2018, 23:34
I get the same error at startup

Madman..

Ken L
August 4th, 2018, 23:10
I get the same error at startup

1.31 should have a case bypass, for the version check hiccup. It's due to FG giving different cases for extension names pending your operating system.

Vinsterwald
August 5th, 2018, 10:19
Yep everything fine now :D
Thanks Ken !

Ken L
August 8th, 2018, 06:05
Update 1.311: Patch for image window read-only for clients
- Fixed: Bug introduced in 1.31 that made toolbar visibility always false for clients.

Kinda surprised this slipped by, it's a connected client side only bug as there's nothing endemic on the host. Clients should now be able to view their targeting bar again.

jwfitt
August 8th, 2018, 15:23
This looks amazing!

Any chance in this being Starfinder compatible (or any advice on what to look for in order to modify it for compatibility)?

Ken L
August 8th, 2018, 16:32
No, I only make extensions for rule-sets I play in; many of which will remain unreleased.

I noted in the initial posting that you can freely fork or port AK to any ruleset you want as long as it's GPL. Integration is fine only if the ruleset is also GPL.

Bonger
August 16th, 2018, 20:21
Ken,

Myself and my players absolutely LOVE the extension. Thanks so much, it adds a ton!

That said, no matter what I try, I can not get the ping functionality to work. All other "token" related effects (damage/death) pop up perfectly fine, but I can't get the ping token to pop on any map nor does it sync client views.

What do you need from me to troubleshoot?

Ken L
August 16th, 2018, 22:08
I can not get the ping functionality to work...

...What do you need from me to troubleshoot?

Hmm I thought I resolved that with the OOB message update. Disable all other extensions except for AK and try to duplicate the issue.

Bonger
August 17th, 2018, 01:27
Still a no go. I'm having several token functionality issues (Pretty much all of what's listed under 9 no longer seems to work).

I should be around this weekend to trouble shoot and figure out whats going on some more.

Ken L
August 17th, 2018, 01:34
So map tokens is broken for you? That's difficult to break unless you have something special going on in your campaign. Are you sure you're on version 1.311? Also attach/upload a video if you can of the issue showing the extension version + problem.

Bonger
August 17th, 2018, 01:39
My apologies, i was SUPER vague which i know is extremely unhelpful during trouble shooting.
I just glanced again and realized I made an error when click and dragging from the NPC screen which was causing most of the "Part 9" functionality to not seem to work. I have cleared that up.

Map Ping is still not working unfortunately, tried both live and test server just in case with no mods loaded.

Ken L
August 17th, 2018, 01:41
Np, if you can get video of the ping bug + extension version we can debug.

RobboNJ69
September 21st, 2018, 05:25
Hello Ken,

We starting having issues after the last update just tonight 9/21. Getting an error message when you add an NPC to the C. Tracker from the map.

I've disabled all other extensions. I went in to GitHub and downloaded a fresh copy tonight.

Here's the steps to recreate:
Drag token from NPC window to map. The Top Layer is active.
The Token is on the map in yellow.
When I right click on the token and select the "Add to Tracker" I get the following error pop up:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_combat2.lua"]:644: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value

At that point the token is in the CT, but can not be interacted with.

Thanks for all the work on this extension. Please let me know if you have any other troubleshooting questions.

Ken L
September 21st, 2018, 20:45
I'll take a look at it, I see 3.3.6A released. I kind wish there was a way to backtrack versions for compatibility's sake.

Moon Wizard
September 22nd, 2018, 01:00
Then, we would be trying to support people on all sorts of version mish-mash setups.

I don't think this is related to 3.3.6A vs. 3.3.6. I PM'd you the change files for Core/3.5E/5E for v3.3.6A. I specifically made minimal changes for this bug fix patch; and tried to avoid anything that would cause conflicts or errors with extensions. You'll see when you see the change files.

Regards,
JPG

Ken L
September 23rd, 2018, 15:10
I didn't get a PM, but for brevity I did a quick check of the existing version and I can't seem to reproduce this issue.

Can you export a module with this NPC? That section of logic is my substituted addNPC handler for 3.5/PF as I decode it differently.

https://giant.gfycat.com/DistantConfusedFluke.webm

Kelrugem
September 23rd, 2018, 16:04
A very nice module :) The only problem is that it does not work with the Strain and Injury extension (as someone already meantioned here) :) I have to see how to handle this manually when I want to use your Advanced Kombat :) (I am completely new here so I do not know how to rewrite the extension, so I have to handle this manually :) )

Moon Wizard
September 23rd, 2018, 18:23
Ken,
I sent to the email registered to your forum account. Maybe it got filtered...
JPG

Ken L
September 26th, 2018, 23:27
I see it now, I have heavy filtering of my email. I've already isolated the differences using a diff with a version backup I have. It doesn't seem to be an AK issue. I have noticed that status updates aren't propagating to clients properly due to access restrictions on the client side. (Ie: tokens won't go into the dying state or show other health related effects on first threshold cross).

I'll release an update for this in PF. In 5e oddly this isn't an issue due to a slight difference in manager_actor2's getPercentWounded.

ryukra
October 2nd, 2018, 00:01
This should be integrated into the ruleset. That would fix the compatibilites. :D Awesome stuff Ken!

Nylanfs
October 2nd, 2018, 00:57
Welcome to the forums and FG Community ryukra!

Akumashe
October 12th, 2018, 03:03
Removed all other extensions to be sure its not any conflict, loads up a map with hex grid;

Runtime Notice: Host session started
Runtime Notice: s'AK Version check: Version is 3.3.6, and valid'
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/imagewindow.lua"]:425: setGridOffset: Grid size is zero
Script Warning: onZoom: Recursive control event or call terminated (imagecontrol:features_image)
Script Warning: onZoom: Recursive control event or call terminated (imagecontrol:image)
Script Warning: onZoom: Recursive control event or call terminated (imagecontrol:play_image)

Tries to add a hex grid to a map without;

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/imagewindow.lua"]:441: setGridOffset: Grid size is zero

Turns off this extension: works.

RobboNJ69
October 12th, 2018, 04:42
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/imagewindow.lua"]:441: setGridOffset: Grid size is zero

I too get an error when trying to put a hex grid on a map. After the message, if I try to put a regular square grid I get the same message:

If I close and open a new map and apply the standard square grid, no problem.

Ken L
October 12th, 2018, 22:16
Good find, I never really tested Hex grids.

I can't guarantee that AK will support it, I'll update the main posting about this non-support currently and dock it for the future.

Akumashe
October 12th, 2018, 22:41
Good that its atleast confirmed its an issue and I didnt just do something idioticaly wrong ;)
Mainly using hex maps for overland travel (currently in the Kingmaker setting), but its not directly a main feature or necessary to use it ;)

Ken L
October 24th, 2018, 15:47
I've updated the main posting with regards to the now confirmed non-support of maps/images that come from modules. I ran out of space on the first posting so I placed this warning in trouble shooting.

Pings / maptokens / effect applications through mini and large effect windows will fail. I know where the issues is, but the fix would slow down processing to unacceptable values dependent on how many 'modules' are loaded in the campaign.

In that sense AK is geared for home-brew content. Beastiary modules however will work, but any module maps will have issues.

Ckorik
October 24th, 2018, 16:12
I've updated the main posting with regards to the now confirmed non-support of maps/images that come from modules. I ran out of space on the first posting so I placed this warning in trouble shooting.

Pings / maptokens / effect applications through mini and large effect windows will fail. I know where the issues is, but the fix would slow down processing to unacceptable values dependent on how many 'modules' are loaded in the campaign.

In that sense AK is geared for home-brew content. Beastiary modules however will work, but any module maps will have issues.

I'm going to guess that this has something to do with the protection? If I 'copy' the map to my own entry would that fix the issue - (I can't test this at the moment). Shame I like many of the features but being able to use paid content is huge for my own situation.

All said though - thanks for the effort - it sure does look like a 'feature list' of things it'd be nice to see added to the actual program ;)

Ken L
October 25th, 2018, 15:02
If I 'copy' the map to my own entry would that fix the issue - (I can't test this at the moment).

Honestly, I don't know, I don't own any locked content as I mainly home-brew or run modules that aren't on FG (I have purchased butt loads of Paizo PDFs from their website, seriously wtf wizards). I do own some 5e stuff, but its just the tokens, I don't own any adventures or reference books as I have that stuff on DND Beyond.

Ckorik
October 25th, 2018, 16:26
Honestly, I don't know, I don't own any locked content as I mainly home-brew or run modules that aren't on FG (I have purchased butt loads of Paizo PDFs from their website, seriously wtf wizards). I do own some 5e stuff, but its just the tokens, I don't own any adventures or reference books as I have that stuff on DND Beyond.

Well the easy answer is you can't copy images from within FG - you can only do so from the directory level - as paid content is wrapped up - the answer is 'no'.

In your sample images - you use a graphic for the pit spell - is there a token pack you could point me towards that contains this - I would be happy to give money to a good spell effect pack - I picked one up for 5e from DM's guild but - I'll be honest they are a bit 'busy' and I really like how that pit spell looks from your examples.

Nylanfs
October 25th, 2018, 20:24
Here's some (https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/194754/Roleplaying-Spell-Effects-Digital-Sampler?manufacturers_id=6791)

Nylanfs
October 25th, 2018, 20:30
Here's some other interesting tokens as well.

https://arcknight.squarespace.com/shop/?category=Digital+Tokens

damned
December 26th, 2018, 00:00
If anyone has a copy of this can they please upload here including any accompanying license notices.

madman
December 26th, 2018, 04:34
Here you go!

damned
December 26th, 2018, 07:17
Thanks again madman.

Kelrugem
May 24th, 2019, 14:55
I am not that sure about that at the moment, but did KenL now allow to use his code? I know about that he licensed this under a free license but I want to make sure that it was/is still okay for him (as far as I know Styrmir asked him also to make sure if he can use his similar extension for 5e). I would like to take some of his ideas/codes like his code for the visual hints about wether someone succeeded his save, that would be suitable for my save versus tags extension :)

Trenloe
May 24th, 2019, 15:10
I am not that sure at the moment, but did KenL now allow to use his code? I know about that he licensed this under a free license but I want to make sure that it was/is still okay for him (as far as I know Styrmir asked him also to make sure if he can use his similar extension for 5e). I would like to take some of his ideas/codes like his code for the visual hints about wether someone succeeded his save, that would be suitable for my save versus tags extension :)
It all depends on how you look at it and if you want to potentially annoy the original coder. KenL released his code under the GPL but then due to his disagreement with how SmiteWorks licensed their own code, he withdrew all of this code from the website. When it was added back in by moderators (because it was GPL released code, so the moderators were within their rights to do so) he complained - essentially he revoked the GPL, which is against the GPL itself. More details in the second part of this post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?44343-Extension-Advanced-Kombat-(5E)&p=423650&viewfull=1#post423650

My opinion is that the code was released under the GPL and that can't be revoked. Any code you use would also have to follow the GPL guidelines for re-using such code.

Would I re-use KenL's code? No. Because I don't want to to be constrained by the GPL, and I ultimately respect a coder to have control of their own code. Which, ironically, is what KenL was complaining about (in a nutshell - SmiteWorks owning code and deciding what they do with that code) and he then decided that he wanted to own his own code (despite releasing under the GPL) and then withdrew all the code (extensions and modules) that he'd previously very kindly shared with the FG community.

Kelrugem
May 24th, 2019, 15:18
It all depends on how you look at it and if you want to potentially annoy the original coder. KenL released his code under the GPL but then due to his disagreement with how SmiteWorks licensed their own code, he withdrew all of this code from the website. When it was added back in by moderators (because it was GPL released code, so the moderators were within their rights to do so) he complained - essentially he revoked the GPL, which is against the GPL itself. More details in the second part of this post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?44343-Extension-Advanced-Kombat-(5E)&p=423650&viewfull=1#post423650

My opinion is that the code was released under the GPL and that can't be revoked. Any code you use would also have to follow the GPL guidelines for re-using such code.

Would I re-use KenL's code? No. Because I don't want to to be constrained by the GPL, and I ultimately respect a coder to have control of their own code. Which, ironically, is what KenL was complaining about (in a nutshell - SmiteWorks owning code and deciding what they do with that code) and he then decided that he wanted to own his own code (despite releasing under the GPL) and then withdrew all the code (extensions and modules) that he'd previously very kindly shared with the FG community.

Thank you very much for your answer :)

Hm, okay, I understand. I am not really an expert about the license stuff, so I rather also do not use his code then (since you also wouldn't). Thanks :) And I do not want to annoy KenL

Bidmaron
May 25th, 2019, 02:41
It is totally legit to duplicate the functionality. You can’t protect ideas implemented through code.

Kelrugem
May 25th, 2019, 08:28
It is totally legit to duplicate the functionality. You can’t protect ideas implemented through code.

Yes, I may be able to duplicate the functionality with different/my coding style. I will see what I come up with in some time :)

Nylanfs
May 26th, 2019, 23:57
We've run into this with several publishers that have released their books under the OGL. We always ask the publisher's permission before adding their books to PCGen's releases, and there have been a couple that didn't want to give their okay, and we honored their wishes even though by the terms of the OGL we wouldn't have to.

daddyogreman
April 4th, 2020, 00:19
Does anyone have a list of the hotkeys/shortcuts that come with this extension? I suspect most of that was removed by Ken L in his slew of now deleted posts at the beginning of this thread.
I think I've got most of the extension puzzled out, but I don't know any of the handy shortcuts, etc that probably come along with this.

Kelrugem
April 4th, 2020, 04:50
Does anyone have a list of the hotkeys/shortcuts that come with this extension? I suspect most of that was removed by Ken L in his slew of now deleted posts at the beginning of this thread.
I think I've got most of the extension puzzled out, but I don't know any of the handy shortcuts, etc that probably come along with this.

You could look at the 5e version of Styrmir :) Besides that, I do not think that the 3.5e/PF1 version is compatible with the actual FG version; do you update that on your own or did you accidentally write into the 3.5e/PF1 thread while you use the 5e version of Styrmir? :)

daddyogreman
April 4th, 2020, 06:57
Nah I know where I am. ;)
I saw the 5e version and I love 'em both. I'm lamenting the fact this is so outdated. While some of the functionality works, some of it doesn't anymore (auto applying damage rolls to targets appears to be completely broken). I'm weighing whether or not it's worth it. There's so much though I wish was baked into the core application as far as highlighting between the map and the combat tracker and so much that I've fallen in love with these extensions within a day.
I'd throw money at someone that would take this extension and update it for Fantasy Grounds Classic and the most recent version of the Pathfinder core rules...but I imagine that's a bit of a lost cause, at this point.

Kelrugem
April 4th, 2020, 10:16
Nah I know where I am. ;)
I saw the 5e version and I love 'em both. I'm lamenting the fact this is so outdated. While some of the functionality works, some of it doesn't anymore (auto applying damage rolls to targets appears to be completely broken). I'm weighing whether or not it's worth it. There's so much though I wish was baked into the core application as far as highlighting between the map and the combat tracker and so much that I've fallen in love with these extensions within a day.
I'd throw money at someone that would take this extension and update it for Fantasy Grounds Classic and the most recent version of the Pathfinder core rules...but I imagine that's a bit of a lost cause, at this point.

ah oki ;)

I would not suggest using it at the moment, the 5e version had to be updated every time a new FG version was published, probably similarly with 3.5e/PF1. I sadly do not completely know all features such that I could look into it that; but on one hand I do not have so mucht time for coding at the moment and that would surely be a big project :D Then FGU is soon out, I would have to make it compatible with my other extensions and I would have to code it from scratch due to its license... Not likely that I ever really look into that, I rather focus on filling the gaps of missing automation :) But who knows the future :D

daddyogreman
April 4th, 2020, 10:35
Yeah, I've already purchased the FGU upgrade license, but I don't think I'll probably be able to run that on my existing computer unless there's some significant improvements on memory usage before it drops out of beta. I'll most likely be running FGC for quite some time to come.

Kelrugem
April 4th, 2020, 10:38
Yeah, I've already purchased the FGU upgrade license, but I don't think I'll probably be able to run that on my existing computer unless there's some significant improvements on memory usage before it drops out of beta. I'll most likely be running FGC for quite some time to come.

Yeah, that is right :) I just mentioned FGU because advanced Kombat changed a lot regarding images and so on such that one would need to code a separate version just for FGU, so additional work then :) Wanted to point out that there is sadly a lot of work involved to maintain such an extension