PDA

View Full Version : Full Attack Action

DoubleHandsDan
June 14th, 2018, 07:11
So, setting multiple attacks is implemented as it would be in pathfinder. what is the best way to simulate a full attack until it is patched, or am i missing something?

ragnaroc1011
June 17th, 2018, 00:24
Now keep in mind that this is subject to what AC you will be swinging at so I will add 4 examples for the 4 types of attacks.

I create a new weapon in the Action tab of your character sheet. Name it Ranged Full Attack. Then create another called Melee Full Attack (If Needed).

When you create the entry, click on the Magnifying glass to the right of the full attack option
When the window opens it will have a header called weapon.

Name: Should be the name you named it. (In this case, Ranged Full Attack)
Properties: This is the important part and depends on the weapon you are using. If it is a kinetic weapon like a Assault Rifle then type in vs. kac so it rolls against the targets Kinetic Armor Class. If it is an energy weapon, type vs. eac for energy armor class.
Stat: should be set to base.
Bonus: to -4 (-4 for full attack) (If you have weapon focus feat, then it should only be -3 with the weapon you have focus for.)

Close out that window and make sure the M/R Icon to the left of the Ammo is set to the type of weapon. (Melee looks like and Axe, and Ranged looks like arrows)

That is it. To use full attack you will roll the attack from this setup and the damage from your normal weapon. No need to add the damage die to this attack, unless you really want to.

Blahness98
June 17th, 2018, 02:49
Or you can just apply the effect of ATK:-4 to yourself, roll the attacks, and then remove it yourself after the attacks. Either way works, however.

Samarex
June 18th, 2018, 13:56
The easiest way to do it is on the ATT Button of the weapon hold SHIFT and mouse wheel , It will add attacks and Attack fields automatic.
SEE ATTACHED FILES

Blahness98
June 18th, 2018, 14:59
Samarex,

You can't use your method. There is a -4 penalty to both attacks, not the Pathfinder iterative attacks where it drops the attack bonus by 5 for each one.

You can spend a full action to make two attacks, each with a –4 penalty to the attack rolls. These attacks can be made with the same weapon or different weapons, though certain weapons have a firing speed so slow that you can’t shoot them more than once in a round, even with a full attack. These weapons have the unwieldy special property

To complicate things more, most classes have abilities that lower the attack penalty to full attacks by 1 at later levels or abilities that grant further attacks for an increased penalty. So, using effects (IMO the easiest way) or multiple weapons (IMO a bit longer and makes a messy sheet) is the way to account for the penalties.

imjedi
June 18th, 2018, 15:24
Samarex,

You can't use your method. There is a -4 penalty to both attacks, not the Pathfinder iterative attacks where it drops the attack bonus by 5 for each one.

To complicate things more, most classes have abilities that lower the attack penalty to full attacks by 1 at later levels or abilities that grant further attacks for an increased penalty. So, using effects (IMO the easiest way) or multiple weapons (IMO a bit longer and makes a messy sheet) is the way to account for the penalties.

This sounds though that it is not a tool design but a ruleset implementation as not every multi-attack does the -5 thing. This is probably something that could potentially be an easy fix allowing the -4 for each attack pretty quickly. At min, removal of the auto -5 per attack iteration and just allowing us to set a manual modifier of -4 would suffice.

Blahness98
June 18th, 2018, 20:26
The iterative attacks are left over from the Pathfinder rule set base Starfinder uses. Iterative attacks can be completely removed as they are not needed in this rule set. The implementation of the multi-attack penalties might be tricky to code unless it is on a toggle or if it can be for specific attacks, it might be easier to accomplish with effects you can toggle or weapon set ups.

Samarex
June 18th, 2018, 22:19
The iterative attacks are left over from the Pathfinder rule set base Starfinder uses. Iterative attacks can be completely removed as they are not needed in this rule set. The implementation of the multi-attack penalties might be tricky to code unless it is on a toggle or if it can be for specific attacks, it might be easier to accomplish with effects you can toggle or weapon set ups.

Ok I will have a look at it then

DoubleHandsDan
June 21st, 2018, 10:15
Thanks for the advice everyone, i'll probably just teach my players how to set up the weapon profiles. i've got one player that is particularly full-attack happy

Trenloe
June 21st, 2018, 17:04
At min, removal of the auto -5 per attack iteration and just allowing us to set a manual modifier of -4 would suffice.
You can adjust this manually yourself.

Add the additional number of attack as Samarax mentioned above. Then click the magnifying glass to the right of the "Damage" field to open the "weapon" detailed settings window. You can adjust the bonus/penalty for each attack in the "Per Atk Bonus" field - click the entry and type in the value, or use CTRL+mousewheel to adjust. This way you can set the offset modifier needed to give the correct overall modifier for each attach.

For example, setting -4 for the first attack and +1 for the second will result in the overall penalty of -4 for each attack when the full attack is rolled.

Samarex
June 21st, 2018, 22:53
You can adjust this manually yourself.

Add the additional number of attack as Samarax mentioned above. Then click the magnifying glass to the right of the "Damage" field to open the "weapon" detailed settings window. You can adjust the bonus/penalty for each attack in the "Per Atk Bonus" field - click the entry and type in the value, or use CTRL+mousewheel to adjust. This way you can set the offset modifier needed to give the correct overall modifier for each attach.

For example, setting -4 for the first attack and +1 for the second will result in the overall penalty of -4 for each attack when the full attack is rolled.
I will look into rhe ruleset and get this coded to be automatically set. Or change it to two buttons single and full one of the two.

Samarex
June 22nd, 2018, 12:37
Good Evening All, OK got something worked out here but I want your thoughts before I push it a update.

I worked on the Full Attack system. (Refer to Attachment)
A Weapon Attack on the Action Tab now has two Attack buttons
First- Single Attack (Gives your total attack bonus)
Second- Full Attack, this Defaults to 2 attacks but using CTRL mouse wheel can be expanded to 4 for things Like Operatives Triple and Quad Attack Skills. These will all be at Default -4 to attack.

The Weapon Editor ATTACK Section four adjustments to your attack
1-Stat
2-Bonus ( This number effects Both the Single and Full Attack numbers)
3/4- Single/Full Attack Bonus's
3- Effects only the Single Attack number
4- Effects The Full Attack numbers

The Chat Box in the Image show a Single and Full Attack from a weapon.

Let me know what you all think.

Trenloe
June 22nd, 2018, 15:49
Let me know what you all think.
Looks good.

The only thing I would suggest is having the little red dice icon in the bottom left of the single attack field - to show that is rollable.

DoubleHandsDan
June 23rd, 2018, 07:30
Wow, i'm super impressed by how fast this was addressed. thank you Samarex for your responsiveness

Samarex
July 1st, 2018, 04:12
UPDATE
I have made some changes to what I did while I was fixing the Ammo counter.
-You Still have the above Single and Full Attack buttons.
-The Ammo counter now works correct when you attack it automatically checks off the ammo.
-If you make a Attack when you have no Ammo the Chat will report you are attacking without ammo and the attack roll will NOT be made.
-For Full Attacks it you have 2 attacks it will check off 2 ammo marks, and roll 2 attacks.
-If you do a Full Attack with not enough ammo it will only roll the attacks for the ammo you have.
I.E You have a Full Attack of 3 but only have 2 round of ammo. If you make the full attack you will see in the chat
Attacking without Ammo and 2 Attack rolls.

-The last thing is the Ammo number
-CTRL Mouse will adjust the amount as normal.
-If you double click it you will be RELOADING your Ammo
This will clear all the check marks and report to chat that you are reloading.
[If clicked with no check marks Chat will say AMMO is FULL]

I will see if I can fix the Range and AMMO numbers populating when add a new weapon. Then I will make a short video showing the changes.

Samarex
July 5th, 2018, 03:36
I have posted a Short video featuring some changes coming in Rev 1.0.11 for the Action Tab Update

https://youtu.be/vkZDruA4Izs

Sorry for audio quality I need to buy a new headset...

imjedi
July 5th, 2018, 16:02
I have posted a Short video featuring some changes coming in Rev 1.0.11 for the Action Tab Update

https://youtu.be/vkZDruA4Izs

Sorry for audio quality I need to buy a new headset...

Samarex,

Seriously cool updates. I so look forward to this in my game session next. When will this update be pushed for Testing or Prod?

Also, for the powered weapon, since the effect is powered for a minute, would it be possible for the usage check to set an effect on the player that communicates in chat that weapon powered and then tracked rounds till its effect is dropped? Honestly, I don't know if this can work or not, but I think it would be super cool if it could. Maybe even an alert to the player the round prior alerting them that their powered weapon is about to lose its power or something also...

imjedi
July 11th, 2018, 17:46

Samarex,

Do you know when this update will be available in DEV or Test? I have a game set for tomorrow evening and would like to test the new actions if possible during that session.

Thanks again for all you have done.

Samarex
July 11th, 2018, 23:04
Samarex,

Do you know when this update will be available in DEV or Test? I have a game set for tomorrow evening and would like to test the new actions if possible during that session.

Thanks again for all you have done.

Im seeing about putting it in test now.
But be so you know. If you use test version you should do the following
1- Backup up all characters.
2 -Once 1.0.11 is loaded all characther will need to replace all rhere weapons, this will update there weapons to the new format.

If after doing this to go back to 1.0.10 you will need to first reset back to live then you might have to replace the charactes with the back ups. As Im am not sure what the effect of the updated weapns will do. They might be ok but not sure.

imjedi
July 12th, 2018, 05:11
Im seeing about putting it in test now.
But be so you know. If you use test version you should do the following
1- Backup up all characters.
2 -Once 1.0.11 is loaded all characther will need to replace all rhere weapons, this will update there weapons to the new format.

If after doing this to go back to 1.0.10 you will need to first reset back to live then you might have to replace the charactes with the back ups. As Im am not sure what the effect of the updated weapns will do. They might be ok but not sure.
Sounds good. Is there a way to tell what version is installed once in the client?

Actually, I am guessing it has not been updated to test yet. I see my version after update still as v1.0.10. I will check again tomorrow.

Samarex
July 12th, 2018, 05:22
Sounds good. Is there a way to tell what version is installed once in the client?

Actually, I am guessing it has not been updated to test yet. I see my version after update still as v1.0.10. I will check again tomorrow.

I will pist when it goes to test

Samarex
July 17th, 2018, 02:43
I will post when it goes to test

Revision 1.0.11 is now on Test server

If all goes well we should see it on Live this week...

Remember that Weapons will need to be removed and re-dropped into Characters to update for the Action Tab.