PDA

View Full Version : LFP: Want to be a Guinea Pig? Short term campaign. [D&D 5E]

HarryK
June 13th, 2018, 18:10
FG License: Standard/Full (players will need a license as well)

Time Zone: Hawaii (-10)

Day of week and time: Possibly to start this coming Saturday, the 16th. Additional days TBD.

Planned Duration & Frequency: Looking to have fairly short sessions, between 2-3 hours. At least once a week.

Term: Short term campaign.

Text or Voice: Voice (Discord).

Roleplay & Combat mix: 40/60 maybe? This is largely for the purposes of getting used to Fantasy Grounds, so there may be a fairly heavy combat focus, but there will be other things to do as well.

Number of Players in game & needed: I already have 1 player, so I'm looking for another 2-3. As I'm new to FG, I think it would be best for all concerned, to keep the group small and manageable for now.

Character starting level & equipment: TBD

Character restrictions: Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Halflings as far as races. Classes can use materials from PHB or Xanathar's. I am not using Feats for now. No Evil alignments. Don't be a ****.

Details of my scenario: So, basically, as the title of the thread indicates, I am looking for some test subjects. I have just recently purchased FG and have been tooling around in it with a buddy of mine and I think I'm ready to move to the next step, which is interacting with some of you other fine people.

As this is primarily just to get a feel for things, I do not have an elaborate world setup. It's just a fairly generic fantasy place in which there are gods and monsters, and long forgotten tombs and dungeons full of even more monsters (and treasure).

The locale is (very) loosely based on the Keep on the Borderlands. There's a town out on the frontier, with some conveniently nearby caves and dangerous woods. These caves and woods are full of nasty critters. The critters have stuff. You can take this stuff after you kill the critters. The town has a bunch of people who could really use the help of some brave adventurers.

For me, this is not only my first foray into Fantasy Grounds, but it is also a return to 5E after a long hiatus. So to anybody willing to be my guinea pig, first of all, thanks! Second, expect hiccups and speed bumps as I fumble my way through both the software and the rules.

(Players new to FG or to 5E are totally welcome to hit me up as well)

As mentioned above, this is just a short term thing. I'm thinking between 3-6 sessions. It is possible it may run a little bit longer, but again, this is not intended to be a long term campaign. Eventually I do plan on running one, but that's still a ways off.

Note on Game times: Also as mentioned above, I am in the Hawaii time zone (-10), so we'll see how that works out. Ideally the first session would start around 1PM my time this coming Saturday (the 16th) so that shouldn't be too bad. I don't have to work this coming week, so I may be able to fit in 1 or 2 additional sessions during the week, but that isn't normal for me, so following weeks would have start times around 7 PM my time.

bgarner
June 13th, 2018, 18:56
This sounds right up my alley! I am new to FG. I played D&D a long time ago. Looking to play again. I am MST and will download discord tonight.

sirkerry
June 13th, 2018, 21:23
I'd be interested in giving D&D 5E a shot via FG.

fatal error
June 13th, 2018, 21:27
Hey shoot me a PM. I may be interested in running a couple test game with you. Im an experienced PF and 5e player. Im EST, but 8am may work for me

B3hodlr
June 13th, 2018, 22:22
I'm interested in joining and I'm also pretty new to Fantasy Grounds and 5e.
Let me know if you need a character sheet in advance.
I'm in EST so 1 pm Hawaii time is just fine for me.

Locuck
June 13th, 2018, 22:40
I am interested in playing as well. send me a message if you need another. I am CST and use discord all the time.

HarryK
June 14th, 2018, 06:32
Thanks for the interest everyone. I'll be private messaging some of you folks shortly. Just wanted to add a small group of folks for now, but I will probably want to do a repeat of this at some point with new people, and of course never hurts to have some extra names on hand in case some people drop out, can't make it, decide my game sucks, etc.