PDA

View Full Version : how to make my PC's weapon Magical so he can hit DR: 5 magic resistant monsters?

Haggar
June 12th, 2018, 23:57
Under my PC's weapon in the actions tab i clicked the magnifying glass and under Properties i typed in ",magic" but when I try to attack a custom created ghost that has DR:5/magic the ghost resists the entire attack. Anyone know how I can make my PC's do harm to the ghosts properly so there magical weapons bypass it?

LordEntrails
June 13th, 2018, 00:07
Please post in the appropriate ruleset forum. Or at a minimum tell us what ruleset your question relates to because answer are often ruleset dependent.

Trenloe
June 13th, 2018, 00:15
@Haggar - I've already moved one of your "tavern" posts to the 3.5E/Pathfinder forum yesterday. Can you please make sure you post in the correct sub-forum in future? It makes it easy all round for everyone - we don't have to ask what system you're referring to, people who aren't interested in the system you're asking about don't even read the post, and you'll get a faster response.

The "Tavern" is for general questions about Fantasy Grounds, not system specific questions/issues.

Please help us to help you, and prevent people unnecessarily wasting time. Thanks.

Haggar
June 13th, 2018, 00:36
Sorry my friend, will do.

Haggar
June 13th, 2018, 00:36
My bad, this would be for Pathfinder

Trenloe
June 13th, 2018, 00:46
Change the damage type of the weapon to have ", magic" appended to the usual damage type.

Haggar
June 13th, 2018, 03:34
Thanks Trenloe appreciate it! One last thing in regards to DR if you don't mind. Do you know how I can add DR 10 Cold iron to my monster?

Trenloe
June 13th, 2018, 03:50
One last thing in regards to DR if you don't mind. Do you know how I can add DR 10 Cold iron to my monster?
Have a look at the demons in the Bestiary, most of these have DR that is overcome by cold iron. For example, Demon, Babau

Haggar
June 13th, 2018, 05:30
Thank you my friend you've done it again!