PDA

View Full Version : Adding Effects and Spells as a DM

cheezeninj4
June 11th, 2018, 06:53
1st time posting and sorry if this has been answered elsewhere but I cant find the information I want/need.

As a DM running a 5e campaign with a std licence and playing with players, all with std licences, if I add a effect or action to their character sheets will they see it on their end? For example, if I create a cantrip "Magic Stone" for a druid player or the sneak attack effect for a rouge, then drag it to their character sheet, will they then see and be able to use it during the campaign?

Alternatively, if a player creates an effect or spell for their character during the campaign, will it show up on the character sheet when I look at it when I DM?

LordEntrails
June 11th, 2018, 07:04
Yes, when you alter the character sheet, it changes/updates for the player as well. Same thing if they change it. (Its the same database object.)

Trenloe
June 11th, 2018, 07:06
Welcome to the forums.

The GM and the Player will see exactly the same player character sheet - but just the PC sheet.

A good way to learn what the players see is to start a second instance of FG on the same computer as the GM instance and "Join Game" with a server address of localhost This is invaluable when learning what the players see and the differences between the GM side and the player side.

cheezeninj4
June 12th, 2018, 06:20
Thanks for the quick responses. Gonna try the multi instance FG to make sure it works.

I definitely want to prep some things like actions and effects for the players in my group who may not have the time to figure it out themselves.