PDA

View Full Version : LFP - DnD 5e, 4-5 players, M-Th 10pm EST start (UTC-4/5)

Leplin
June 11th, 2018, 06:31
FG License: I have Ultimate. Anyone can play.
Game System: D&D 5e

Time Zone: EST (UTC-4 currently, -5 during winter)
Day of week and time: Looking to play once per week on a weeknight (M-Th). Day to be determined, but these are the days I'm available.
If new game, planned start date: We will begin the week of June 25
Planned Duration & Frequency: 3-4 hours, once per week.
Term: I have no planned obsolescence. We will need to take occasional weeks off because I'm an adult and have a family that will occasionally require me to spend my vacations with them rather than you fine players, and I expect there will be weeks that you may find life interferes with your enjoyment of this hobby also. Everyone who joins this game will need to be respectful of these needs and occurrences. If you don't feel this suits your mindset, then please do not apply.

A little about me, so you can make your initial judgment on whether you should read on:
I've been playing since the original Red Box, and have DM'ed 2nd, 3.5 and 4th editions before this. I am not a rules lawyer, and don't particularly care for them as players. Thankfully, FG takes some of that burden off of everyone. This will be my first time as DM with both 5e and FG. When I make mistakes, they will almost always be to the benefit of the scene that unfolds, because that is more fun for me.

Text or Voice: Both. I can't type fast, so you'll hear my "lovely" baritone in all it's gruesome detail.
Voice software used: I am most familiar with Discord, but if all players prefer something else, I'll be happy to investigate it. So... Discord for now.

Roleplay & Combat mix: The type of game I intend will likely have a 40/60 mix, roleplay/combat. Unless you all turn out to actually be murderhobos. Then I'm prepared to let you enjoy the game that way.
Number of Players in game & needed: New campaign. I'd like to have a group of 4 or 5 players, so that when one person can't make a week, we can still move forward. See my comments about the Term of this game.
Character starting level & equipment: Unless everyone really wants to start out at level 1 and create a full story about how your characters form a cohesive group (I'm told some people like to do that), I'm suggesting level 3 with standard gold/equipment plus magic items I will distribute to enhance your play.

Character restrictions: I want to participate in a hobby that I enjoy. So do you, or else you wouldn't be reading this. To that end, I have only four restrictions.
First: You can only play an Evil character if EVERYONE in the group does. Back-biting and back-stabbing are only enjoyable if everyone plays that way. CAVEAT: I don't particularly hold to the old 9-Alignment mold. Your otherwise honorable and helpful character may occasionally decide that they need to do something out of character in the interest of the party. This does not make you Evil. It makes you a team-focused player.
Second: Your character should have some backstory. I don't expect or WANT a dissertation on your history. I just want to know why your character is off doing gods know what instead of growing old in the country/town/city/nest/freehold/woodpile/hole-in-the-ground that you started in. Use the background tools in the PHB, if you want. Steal it directly from your favorite book/movie/previous character. I just want you to have a feel for what your character did before they went out and started killing beasties and saving the populace for fame, money, and/or religion.
Q: I'm bad at numbering. This is just another reminder that I want to have fun too.
Thirteen: Your flying character will likely be forced to abide by the line of sight at ground level. I'm not going to say they can't fly, but you will not be granted any special aerial mapping abilities in FG. Fog of war is for my benefit, not yours.
Last: Please let me know what sources you are using for your character creation. I don't own all of them yet, so I may want/need to make a purchase to accommodate you.

Details of your scenario: Assuming everyone agrees that level 3 if preferable, then you will all start as a previously formed adventuring group. You have found/been given a map of "places of interest" to like-minded groups as yourselves, and can pick where you want to go from that. The world is awash with various cruelties to be abated and interesting places to explore. We'll be basing this campaign in the Greyhawk setting, as I'm most familiar with it. That means we'll mostly be using pre-existing stuff that I drop into Oerth, or that I convert from some ancient text or another. I'll incorporate some of your backstory elements, and we might find a trace or two of some over-reaching "Big Bad" (tm to Joss Whedon, I believe) that gives your view of the world some semblance of continuity.

SO.. That's my entry into this world of online TTRPG. Let's see what happens.

damned
June 11th, 2018, 07:17
Welcome - Im going to edit your thread to be LFP as you are much more likely to get players that way :)
LFG generally means you are a player...

Tylindell28
June 11th, 2018, 20:18
I'm interested. Lvl 3 sounds good to me and im available any week day. Not exactly sure what I'll play but I will make use of the basic phb content only to make my character. I will likely multiclass and am neither murderrhobo nor rules lawyer. While chaotic my character would endeavour to be a team player. I'm familiar with fg and 5e and love both. Let me know if you still have room and are ok with me joining.

Zomnivore
June 11th, 2018, 22:41
I'm interested. My time zone is cst. -6 thats UTC

I'm 26, if age matters. I'll be able to get on discord I'm also familiar with how to setup on other programs for VOIP but if I need help I'll ask.

Personally I don't have much experience I've only ever created a level one character and I'm new to FG but I've watched some video tutorials. I own all the D&D content in the complete pack and own the unearthed arcana and tortolan package.
I like the alternate races and will probably want to play one. I know you said you might need to order something in order to help DM that, I don't know how important that is, if its the background information on the race I can probably just describe the general information and if you want to delve deeper into it then maybe you can decide to purchase the book later.

Personally I don't mind your opinion on how the group shouldn't backstab. Just seems more fun that way. If I played a monster I'd play it with a neutral alignment if needed.

I don't know how long a session I can handle yet, but I imagine them being at least 3 hours which I think I can manage. I'm also fine with taking breaks and stuff when people need it, the games are quite the time commitment. If I want more D&D I can find an additional group to play with.

I'm disabled so I can play pretty much whenever but I have to plan when I eat because my medicine requires food, and then after that I get drowsy so I'd hope for something that doesn't drag into the wee hours of the morning, but I can still plan my meals around that if I have to.

I don't know much of anything about Greyhawk so if some races don't exist there, or are completely different then in the book I might need a bit of help planning my character.

Let me know if you want me in the group, I'm new to this on this site specifically and in the game so I don't quite know how invites work.

xAxTragicxEndx
June 12th, 2018, 02:15
Hey Leplin,

I'm definitely interested in signing on for this one. I'm looking to get into a good campaign setting. I'm good with not running an evil unless others want to and I'm not into the whole rules lawyer aspect, as Captain Barbossa said, They're more guidelines then rules. Lol. I'm pretty familiar with FG and have a .xml that i can send you for the character that i would like to run.

Name: Haven Enedir
Race: Half Elf
Class (at 3): Divine Sorcerer 2 and Hexblade Warlock 1

I'm willing to run any night except for Wednesday. I also have 2 friends that are brand new to D&D and FG. I'm trying to convert them to true D&D players. Lol. I would love to get them into a campaign with a dm that wants to have fun (instead of instantly punishing the noobs). Hopefully you have room for the 3 of us. They are Whitewidowmak3r and Red beard. Both of them are prepped with characters as well. They only use the PHB as of now. I use XGE but i do have that purchased so you would not need to buy anything for us. They should be posting right behind me. Lol. Thanks for the great offer though.

Sincerely,
Tragic

Red Beard
June 12th, 2018, 02:27
Hey Leplin,

I'm definitely interested in signing on for this one. I'm looking to get into a good campaign setting. I'm pretty familiar with FG and have a .xml that i can send you for the character that i would like to run.

Name: Haven Enedir
Race: Half Elf
Class (at 3): Divine Sorcerer 2 and Hexblade Warlock 1

I'm willing to run any night except for Wednesday. I also have 2 friends that are brand new to D&D and FG. I'm trying to convert them to true D&D players. Lol. I would love to get them into a campaign with a dm that wants to have fun (instead of instantly punishing the noobs). Hopefully you have room for the 3 of us. They are Whitewidowmak3r and Red beard. Both of them are prepped with characters as well. They only use the PHB as of now. I use XGE but i do have that purchased so you would not need to buy anything for us. Thanks for the great offer though.

Sincerely,
Tragic

Basically what he said. I'm new to D&D looking for a campaign to play with TragicxEnd and Whitewidowmaker. Whatever rules and resources available are fine by me just wanna experience the game willing to roll with whatever punches come my way.

alacfitz
June 12th, 2018, 02:31
Greetingz,

I am interested in an on going game.

Little about me... been playing DnD since the 80's but have not dipped my toes to deep in the 5e worlds. I do own the FG editions or PHB and DMG as well as the sword coast source books... I will limit myself to the source materials the fit into your game. I like playing Bards and magic users... but have played everything over the years, including an all dwarf campaign, a dark sun gladiators tale, A templars tale from Dragon lance, and several custom worlds, with evil groups and heros.

3rd level is fine... and I can throw together something for a campaign. I do like a good backstory, tho a thesis paper worth of data is unlikely.

Hit me up in PM and I will shoot you a few character ideas that fit in with other players starting point.

Thanx
Alacrity Fitzhugh

Whitewidowmaker
June 12th, 2018, 02:41
I'm new to D&D looking for a fun game

GunnarGreybeard
June 12th, 2018, 06:27
Wow, Greyhawk. Haven't heard that setting mentioned much these days. I wish I had time. Maybe once you have a better idea, based on players interest, on what day you might run, I could be be tempted to pick up an empty slot or be put on standby in case anyone drops.

Leplin
June 12th, 2018, 14:36
@Damned: I'll blame the typo on first listing jitters and thank you kindly for the fix. LOL

@Gunnar: I'll keep you in mind.

The other 6 of you, expect a PM today so we can find time to work out the details.

Floppyantennae
June 13th, 2018, 04:41
If you are still looking for players I would like to join. I very recently joined FG and I am also new to tabletop roleplaying games. I love the old infinity engine games, IWD 1-2 and Baldur's Gate. Which I am learning the actual tabletop experience is so much more.

Michael Colacino
June 14th, 2018, 02:59
Good evening. I see that you have responded to a few others. I also would be interested. I currently only get to GM and it would be a nice change of pace to be a player. I have a few ideas for Characters. I am open on nights as well, prefer not Monday however. Let me know if you still need a player.

Best,

The Mountain King
June 22nd, 2018, 03:25
Hi my name is Chad. I'm a part of a group of D&D players (4 total) who have played together since Feb 2017 and have enjoyed our time together immensely. We recently lost our DM to real-life business, but we still wish to remain as a group so we are looking for a great DM to take over and have lots of fun with us!. We're a friendly bunch, who like to roleplay and roll dice in equal proportions, we play well together, and are probably too smart for our own good. We love to tell jokes and just have a great time while playing D&D 5e.
Our availability is kind of odd as most of us keep busy so we'd like to keep the same game time we've been using for over a year, which would be Tuesdays from 10pm-1am EST. We can start two hours earlier, but no more.
We're way open to anything the DM needs from us. We've been playing on Roll20 and none of us own Fantasy Grounds, so we'd prefer a DM with the Ultimate License so we can at least try it out before we invest further. We use Discord as a voice/chat service because it's free and awesome!
We're super open to anything and we think we would be a PERFECT fit into your game. We love 100% of your post and are ready to start on time for your estimated date! We can't wait to play with you and bask in your glorious D&D experience! :)

DeadSailor79
June 22nd, 2018, 16:50
If you happen to have room at this point or if a spot opens I'd be very interested.

LFG 1 Player LF Mon Tue or Wed - All Times considered - 5E

FG License:*Standard
Time Zone:*EST. Will consider any playtime, even odd hours for EST.
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time:*Mon, Tues or Wed. All frequencies and times considered.
Term:*Long term preferred
Voice: *Have Discord & Skype installed. Willing to download most other “voice chat” software.
Game System Preferred:*5E.
Game System Experience:*D&D 5E, D&D 3.5, AD&D, Modern d20, Future d20, Star Wars d20, Star Wars WEG, White Wolf and others.
Fantasy Grounds Experience:*moderate.

ShipWrecker
June 22nd, 2018, 20:07
New player to 5e and fantasy grounds shoot me a PM if the group needs a cleric, tank, bard, or wizard. My preferences are in that order but I can be flexible too. I am looking for a regular group really