PDA

View Full Version : LFP: 5E: Lost Mine of Phandelver. Long Term, Weekly. Every Friday 6-9PM (PST)

LiquidDM
June 10th, 2018, 07:36
Hi everyone, experience 5E DM (though new to FG) looking for players for a weekly long term game. NEW PLAYERS FOR DND 5E OR FG ARE WELCOME.

FG License: Ultimate License (Player with Demo versions are welcome.)
Game System: 5E
Time Zone: Pacific
Day of week and time: Weekly, every Friday from 6-9 PM (Pacific)
Start Date: Session 0 can begin by 6/15/2018 for character creation and Session 1: 06/22/2018.
Planned Duration & Frequency: 3 hour session weekly.
Term: Long Term. The game will run through the module Lost Mine of Phandelver and will branch out to other modules like Out of the Abyss or Tyranny of Dragons.
Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used:Discord

Roleplay & Combat mix: The game style is fluid it can shift one way another depending on the circumstances of the story line and character interaction.
Number of Players in game & needed: Have 1 player. Need 4 more.
Character starting level & equipment: LVL: 1 new adventurers.
Character restrictions: All core and supplemental books including Unearth Arcana can be use for character creation. Background will be base at Faerun of the Forgotten Realms and adventure will start in the City of Neverwinter.

Details of your scenario: Looking for players that will be regular and committed to a weekly adventure in the Swordcoast.

You arrive at a busy street on one of the corners of Neverwinter. You notice a parchment nailed to a post. You approach and read the writing on it.
HELP NEEDED: Anyone that are of need of spare coins or are low of it can visit and inquire at the Beached Leviathan. Need some good and strong men and ladies to accompany provisions to the town of Phandalin in the south. Speak to Harrag for more details.

DM experience: Been playing and Dming DnD since 5th edition came out. Has a weekly in-person game that I have been running for 3 straight years. We were able to finish modules and was even able to mash together 2 modules together into one major story arch. Although, I am new to fantasy grounds but is able to run it well. Maybe you guys can teach me some tricks and tips in running it, that will always be welcome and will gain you inspiration in the game.

DM play-style: The world is fluid and living. With the characters help and decision it can shift from form to another. It is constantly evolving as is its heroes and characters. Although we are running from a module a lot of home brew elements will be added. Even if you played the same modules before you might get surprise on the changes and the new twist turns on the story line.

Regarding virtual table etiquette:
1. As much as possible we would like to have regular and committed players. I know that sometimes life throws us a curve fireball and we fail our saving throws, we can all understand that. But as much as possible we would like to have players that are consistent in attending the weekly game and are into the game.
2.Respect each other and the DM is important. You can freely interrupt the DM for questions and actions that you would like to do. But try not to always interrupt each other, unless its really part of your role play then do it in a nice way.
3.Be patient, with each other and with the DM. Everyone will have his/her spotlight so don't try to grab all of the stage lights, it might blind you. Please also remember that there is only one DM vs 5 players, so kindly understand the DM if he misses something or unable to get to you right away.
4.Most important of all is to have fun as a group.

Character Creation/Roleplaying:
1. Play a character that you would like to play.
2.Create a good backstory because a DM can draw a lot from it and can intertwined into the main story arch.
3. Play out your Personality Trait, Bonds and Flaws it will highlight your characters.
4.Once you are accepted into the group you are free to talk to each other and figure out your characters.

FEEL FREE TO TALK TO THE DM FOR ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERN.

fudzzz
June 10th, 2018, 11:54
Hello, I'm quite interested. I've been playing d&d on and off for 20 years. I'm currently DMing my own 5e Homebrew world in fg. I love to roleplay my characters, and I have always wanted to play the LMoP module. Would love to join your campaign if you'll have me.

LiquidDM
June 10th, 2018, 15:26
Welcome Fudzz.

XavierB
June 10th, 2018, 15:43
Hi,

Interested in your game.

I sent a PM.

Thanks.

GregRex
June 10th, 2018, 17:07
Hi I'm new to Fantasy Grounds. I did an intro class with the FG College and am looking for my first game. Friday evenings are perfect for me long term.

Zukahnaut
June 10th, 2018, 17:41
I am very interested in joining a game set in the Sword Coast! Have not played LMoP before, but very familiar with 5e's rules and FG's features.
Attendance reliability is something I would bring to the table, as well as detailed notes to help track how the story and world evolves, which I would share with the other players and the DM.

Gibson400
June 10th, 2018, 20:45
Hi LiquidDM! I am very interested in joining your group if there is space available. I currently DM 2 campaigns and would love the opportunity to play myself. I am looking for a long term group I could join in with so this sounds perfect. Have been playing/ DMing D&D since 1st edition and have been on Fantasy Grounds for a couple of years now. I will PM you with any other information you want from me.

Thanks

Balathor
June 10th, 2018, 22:43
I would be interested in joining if there is still space. EST here, but Friday from 9-12 (or some later depending) is fine. Played some 5E through Adventurers' League and looking for more of a campaign feel than modules with a random group. I've also played a bit of 4E and Mutants and Masterminds in the past. This would also be my first time using Fantasy Grounds.

Thanks,

Pathf1nder
June 10th, 2018, 23:02
Hi,

I would like to participate if there is an opening. I have not played in a long time and wanted to start up again now that I have the time. I have played all editions except 5e.

Thanks,

HuanHakLo
June 11th, 2018, 02:07
Hello,
I'm interested in playing your game. Here's a little background about me.
Experience with D&D 5e: None. Just got the PH and I'm reading through it. I've been playing and DM'ing RPGs for a long time and I'm familiar with versions of D&D up to 3.5.
Experience with Fantasy Grounds: Very little. I've been watching tutorials on YouTube.
I'm primarily interested in playing either a cleric or rogue, but can play anything that will balance the party.
I enjoy role playing over dice rolling conventions, and have experience playing different personality types (from the morose to the manic and ever-so-serious to chronically flippant)

I look forward to hearing from you and I hope to have an opportunity to join you on this most daring of transport runs!

Best regards,
Huan

Kilakro
June 11th, 2018, 05:12
Hello!

I'm interested in joining if you still have a slot open. I've heard good things about The Lost Mine of Phandelver from several people and I recently purchased FG and would like to see how well it works for me. I've got about 10 years of experience between 3.5, Pathfinder, Shadowrun and 5E. My work schedule is set in stone so I don't foresee myself missing sessions since I get home from work at about 4pm PST.

LiquidDM
June 11th, 2018, 10:02
Thank you all for checking and showing interest on the new game. I'll be considering everyone to fill the players pool. I'm just waiting for replies from some players in order to determine the available spots. I'll mostly have the names by tomorrow evening. Again thank you.

Letdo
June 11th, 2018, 17:41
Heya , I’ve played d&d for about 3 year and but wanna try 5e and get back into it again , I’ve always be a huge fan of the Roleplaying side of d&d and actually talking to your Group/party and I love the way a true DM/ GM can be with the many aspects of the game with telling the story and creating a world

Letdo
June 11th, 2018, 17:46
If their are any spaces left please email me on [email protected]

alacfitz
June 12th, 2018, 02:38
Greetz,

I would love to drop into a good fearun story. I have been playing DnD since the 80's, and at one point even had the waterdeep map (all 4 foot by 8 ft of it) posted on my home. Anytime fighting for (or against) the harpers is time well spent. I have FG full with the sword coast DLC, and will provide a good backstory for the DM to mess with me with.

Contact via PM here

Alacrity Fitzhugh

LiquidDM
June 13th, 2018, 07:11
Thank you again for showing interest on the game. I have already sent messages and invites to the chosen players. Unless anybody drops out of the game, the current game is now full at the moment. If there are any changes I will sent out additional invites to the other available players in this thread immediately. Once again thank you.