PDA

View Full Version : New computer, FG Demo isn't updating to my ultimate subscription

nilesthebrave
June 10th, 2018, 05:57
I just built a new PC and I'm trying to get my FG up and running so we can get back into my game without missing too much time.

I downloaded the demo off of steam like I did originally and entered my license in the ultimate part of settings and logged in with my username and password.

I still have the player/demo screen when I know I used to have a different launcher screen.

What am I missing?

Trenloe
June 10th, 2018, 06:15
Welcome to the forums.

Make the license key is fully correct - no spaces at the beginning or end, and it is entered in the top "License Key" field - with the second "Lite to Full Key" field completely empty. Press OK at the bottom of the settings window and then "Update". You need to run an update after changing the license key.

nilesthebrave
June 10th, 2018, 07:33
Thanks. I've tried that several times though.

I've also exited and restarted and uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times between steam and the main fg site.

I'm copy/pasting the license key from my email and there's no spaces.

I'm logging in correctly in settings as well. Don't know what's happening but it's frustrating

damned
June 10th, 2018, 10:44
Send a screenshot of your settings to [email protected] and they can confirm your settings/setup.

Trenloe
June 10th, 2018, 14:09
I downloaded the demo off of steam like I did originally and entered my license in the ultimate part of settings and logged in with my username and password.
Have you changed the installation directory whe you did the install?

I’m wondering if you’re having the second issue mentioned here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34865-v3-3-0-Issues-Problems-after-updating-Random-script-errors-etc. Not the wrong version, but the wrong type of executable - you’d get the same issue if you have two different installation locations. Check out the details in that post.

Trenloe
June 10th, 2018, 14:12
I'm copy/pasting the license key from my email and there's no spaces.
Is the license key in the form: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

i.e. 5 sets of 5 alphanumeric characters separated by dashes?