PDA

View Full Version : LFG 1 Player LF Mon Tue Wed or Thu evening EST prefer 5E D&D

Spieldog
June 9th, 2018, 23:17
FG License: Just Demo version (brand new to FG)
Time Zone: Eastern Time USA
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Looking for a weekly or every other week game on Mon, Tue, Wed or Thu evenings (6 to 8 PM starting times)
Term: I hope to play long term.
Voice: I am voice capable. I have discord, skype, etc. Willing to download what is needed.

Game System Preferred: D&D 5E
Game System Experience: I played mostly 2nd edition (AD&D before that) when I was a teenager into my college years, before everyone started having real life issues and meeting up for regular gaming was just impossible. I was the guy who knew most of the rules off of the top of my head because I'd read the books and found the memorization pretty easy, or I at least knew where to quickly look something up. I have seen 3rd edition, but was a bit turned off by how much more complicated the game started to get. I have been catching up on the new 5th edition since it came out and am really excited for this new system. I have all of the core books. It'd be nice to get a bit of the old nostalgia going, but with new friends. I briefly DMed a monthly 5e D&D game in real life, but it did not scratch my player itch and was hard to coordinate attendance.

Fantasy Grounds Experience: brand new to Fantasy Grounds

Character Type Preferred: I’m hoping to play a Kensei Monk (Wood Elf w/ Elven Accuracy feat eventually) because this new character concept just intrigues me so much. I generally prefer to play melee type characters, men of action.
About me: I am 40 years old, I live in Indianapolis. I love to crack jokes while playing the game.

Character Idea:
Evren Goldleaf (Xiloscient in the elven tongue) is a 298 year old (nearing middle age) Wood Elf Kensei Monk, honing his body into harmony with his weapons. Evren studied for 141 years at the mountaintop Monastery of the Order of the Striking Dragon, which is well-known for its high-powered kicking styles and acrobatic aerial feats, as well as its many weapon techniques.
Evren left the monastery 83 years ago to wander the world and learn about all it contains. He became a bounty hunter to make his way in the world and to help bring peace and order to the world in some small way.
Evren is naturally kind and helpful. He has a quiet and contemplative, yet curious, disposition, but he finds great pleasure in laughter and finding the simple joys in life and friendship. He is quick to offer a kind word and to offer help.
Evren has a secret goal behind his world travels and the development of his bounty hunter skills. His is the lone scion of a noble Wood Elf family. His grandmother, Arellia, was a legendary warrior who vanished on a secret mission/adventure over 600 years ago. His family never speaks about what had drawn her away from home that fateful last time. They do, however, quietly bemoan the loss of the powerful Moonblade sword, Golden Leaf, that was lost with her. The symbol of the family’s hereditary pride and honor, the family has held a diminished status in Wood Elf society ever since the legendary longsword vanished along with its equally legendary owner. Evren hopes to find some clue that will lead him to his grandmother and Golden Leaf, so that he may wield it and repair his family’s honor.

Thanks for reading,

Aaron

OldJarhead
June 12th, 2018, 17:40
Sent you a PM