PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

HarryK
June 9th, 2018, 19:07
Recently picked this up during a Steam sale and have been fiddling around with the program. Port forwarding was a bit of a nightmare but managed to get past that hurdle and successfully had a friend connect with me.

Anyways just popped in to say hi to the forum and my fellow Fantasy Grounders.

Bidmaron
June 9th, 2018, 19:27
Welcome, Harry K!
You have entered a great world which you will not regret! Let us know how we can help and congratulations for navigating the waters of port forwarding without assistance!

HarryK
June 9th, 2018, 19:31
Thanks! Took a bit of googling, some of which led me to threads in this very forum. After banging my head against the wall late one night, the next day I realized there was one final (very simple) step which I hadn't actually done. And then it was derp, derp, derp, followed by a big sigh of relief.

Of course, then I had other problems to deal with. I didn't have anything like TS or Discord installed at the time, so my buddy and I tried just connecting through Steam voice chat as a temporary thing. He could hear me, but I couldn't hear him. So I installed Teamspeak, connected to the FG server...and I could hear him, but he couldn't hear me.

Finally, Discord. That seemed to work fine. But man, it was just getting hilarious there for a while.

Zacchaeus
June 9th, 2018, 19:34
Welcome to the community HarrK.

If you are looking for some more help as well as some lessons and courses on how to use FG drop into the Fantasy Grounds College. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40020-Join-Fantasy-Grounds-College-Learn-Fantasy-Grounds-learn-D-amp-D-and-then-play!)

Asmo
June 9th, 2018, 20:19
Welcome, enjoy FG!

HarryK
June 10th, 2018, 08:26
Thanks everyone.