PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Calendar

sirkerry
June 9th, 2018, 05:17
Since Mongoose Traveller 1st Edition is an official ruleset now, can we get support for the Imperial Calendar (https://wiki.travellerrpg.com/Imperial_Calendar) added to the Calendar thingy?

MadBeardMan
June 10th, 2018, 13:46
Since Mongoose Traveller 1st Edition is an official ruleset now, can we get support for the Imperial Calendar (https://wiki.travellerrpg.com/Imperial_Calendar) added to the Calendar thingy?

Thanks for bringing this up, as it's not part of the ruleset it would be created as an extension, so anyone could do it. I'll add it to my list though, but there's plenty to add that's in the rulebook to keep me busy.

Cheers,
MBM

Andraax
June 10th, 2018, 17:44
Actually, the calendar code is in the CoreRPG set, and the current version won't support a Traveller calendar. It would require a ruleset update. I can supply the code if you want.

MadBeardMan
June 10th, 2018, 18:31
Actually, the calendar code is in the CoreRPG set, and the current version won't support a Traveller calendar. It would require a ruleset update. I can supply the code if you want.

Traveller is built on top of CoreRPG, so it's not in the ruleset (as the ruleset inherits from CoreRPG for anything that's not been overridden). So if you want to supply the code (which would be ace) I could add it in (and credit you for it), or you could create it as an extension - the choice is yours, but I think it's ace you're willing to do this which is awesome! PM me if you want to send the code.

Cheers,
MBM

Andraax
June 10th, 2018, 19:24
The CoreRPG calendar routines assume all months start with day 1. However, the Imperial calendar basically has "Holiday" as day 001 and the rest of the year as one big month starting with day 002. There is no way to do this within the framework provided by CoreRPG for "hooking into" the calendar system. One would have to replace utility_calendar.xml and related scripts - this is easiest done within the ruleset.

Though, on thinking about it, we may be able to specify a "starting day" for the month (which defaults to 1) and add that to the CoreRPG calendar. Then we could create a calendar with 2 months - "Holiday" of one day, and the rest of the year with a starting date of 2 for a length of 364. I'll get with Moon Wizard about that and see if it's something he's willing to do...

MadBeardMan
June 10th, 2018, 19:27
The CoreRPG calendar routines assume all months start with day 1. However, the Imperial calendar basically has "Holiday" as day 001 and the rest of the year as one big month starting with day 002. There is no way to do this within the framework provided by CoreRPG for "hooking into" the calendar system. One would have to replace utility_calendar.xml and related scripts - this is easiest done within the ruleset.

Though, on thinking about it, we may be able to specify a "starting day" for the month (which defaults to 1) and add that to the CoreRPG calendar. Then we could create a calendar with 2 months - "Holiday" of one day, and the rest of the year with a starting date of 2 for a length of 364. I'll get with Moon Wizard about that and see if it's something he's willing to do...

Ok cool, MW is pretty good helping out with these kinds of things (if they're easy to do!). Right logging for a bit, then back with Data entry for Spacecrafts...going to try and get 1.0.7 finished asap as there's a bug that needs a fix asap.

Cheers,
MBM

Moon Wizard
June 10th, 2018, 21:32
It all depends on the rest of the calendar. (week size, day names, etc.)
Is there an online place to review the calendar details?

JPG

Andraax
June 10th, 2018, 21:46
It all depends on the rest of the calendar. (week size, day names, etc.)
Is there an online place to review the calendar details?

It's a really simple calendar. As I said, it's essentially two months, but the days are numbered sequentially (the second month starts at day 2, rather than restarting with day 1).
https://wiki.travellerrpg.com/Imperial_Calendar

damned
June 11th, 2018, 00:56
There is holiday
and then there are 52 weeks of 7 days for 364 days
giving 365 days in total

Andraax
June 29th, 2018, 21:34
OK, MW incorporated some needed functions into CoreRPG. Attached is an extension and module to implement the Imperial Calendar (once you get CoreRPG v3.3.6).

MadBeardMan: You may want to add the code from the extension into your ruleset, so in the future only the module is required...

Moon Wizard
June 29th, 2018, 22:15
Actually, it’s all fully incorporated into CoreRPG and built-in calendar module. (in v3.3.6 test version)

You don’t need any extra extensions or modules.

Regards,
JPG

MadBeardMan
September 23rd, 2018, 21:34
Actually, it’s all fully incorporated into CoreRPG and built-in calendar module. (in v3.3.6 test version)

You don’t need any extra extensions or modules.

Regards,
JPG

Ok that's perhaps why it throws an error.

Cheers
MBM