PDA

View Full Version : New D&D Character Sheets

Trentos
May 13th, 2006, 15:54
Has anyone made any new D&D character sheets that are easily used?

DarkStar
May 13th, 2006, 17:45
I did - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4188. It's not a big mod, it merely adds some new tabs and thus gives you more place to add info about your character.

Trentos
May 14th, 2006, 19:35
From the looks it got sorted out that we can use this correct?

Also, when I tried extracting it into the ruleset folder, it doesn't appear to work. All the characters are as they were and creating a new character doesn't show the extra tabs.

DarkStar
May 14th, 2006, 19:44
From the looks it got sorted out that we can use this correct?

Well, yes, Kevin told me he will have it up for download on his website... a few weeks ago. :| He still haven't made it available, though.

Also, when I tried extracting it into the ruleset folder, it doesn't appear to work. All the characters are as they were and creating a new character doesn't show the extra tabs.
Looks like you have to replace files in resource.pak . Probably I should have released it under a different name. Honestly, I made this mod for C-SRD mostly, because that's what I use myself. Publishing it for SmiteWork's ruleset was more of an addition - I wanted to allow people, who don't own C-SRD, to also take the benefits of new tabs.

If you want to use it with the original ruleset, then use UnPak.exe to get your hands on resource.pak . Backup that file before and replace it's contents with the files from my mod.

Trentos
May 15th, 2006, 00:35
Ok thanks Dark. I was just noticing that it seems you can run out of room quickly on the character sheets that come with FG, so I was looking for something that would allow us to have more room. I hope that this is included in 1.06, but we shall see.

Overall I am loving this program and what it is allowing me to do. It's allowed some friends and I to get back to doing what was once a passion of ours, but distance had put an end to. Can't sing enough praises!! :)