PDA

View Full Version : LFP – Explore Chult all player welcome Thursdays 8pm ET(gmt -4) starting 06/14

farfafree
June 7th, 2018, 22:02
FG License: Full License (Players need the free FG)
Game System: DnD 5e

Time Zone: Eastern (GMT -4 hours)
Day of week and time: Thursdays at 8pm
Start date: New Game starting on 06/14
Planned Duration & Frequency: 2.5 Hour session, Weekly, with some vacations.

Term: For the Summer
Text or Voice: Voice

Voice software used: Discord (provided upon joining)

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50 Combat

Number of Players in game & needed: 1 player need 5 more

Character starting level & equipment: First level although will level quickly to Third

*** Details of your scenario ***:
Come explore the jungles of Chult!

The first episode would be played working for an archeologist.
And then seeing where it goes from there.

I may take from Tomb of Annihilation depending on where the players would like to go.

What do you expect from players as a GM?
Any kind of player welcome, new or experienced.
I would like to stay adventuring in Chult and explore that area.

Link to Gamecalendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=3110

uriel005
June 9th, 2018, 18:07
Quick question. Will this be a point buy/roll up or pregen characters. Any limitiations on creation? (rulebooks/racial/class restrictions)

Zomnivore
June 9th, 2018, 19:16
I'm a new player and my time zone is CST -5gmt (I think)

I wouldn't mind being in one place for a while to learn about it seeing as I don't know much about anywhere in D&D

Spieldog
June 10th, 2018, 04:53
I'm interested in this game.

FG License: Just Demo version (brand new to FG)
Time Zone: Eastern Time USA
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Looking for a weekly or every other week game on Mon, Tue, Wed or Thu evenings (6 to 8 PM starting times)
Term: I hope to play long term.
Voice: I am voice capable. I have discord, skype, etc. Willing to download what is needed.

Game System Preferred: D&D 5E
Game System Experience: I played mostly 2nd edition (AD&D before that) when I was a teenager into my college years, before everyone started having real life issues and meeting up for regular gaming was just impossible. I was the guy who knew most of the rules off of the top of my head because I'd read the books and found the memorization pretty easy, or I at least knew where to quickly look something up. I have seen 3rd edition, but was a bit turned off by how much more complicated the game started to get. I have been catching up on the new 5th edition since it came out and am really excited for this new system. I have all of the core books. It'd be nice to get a bit of the old nostalgia going, but with new friends. I briefly DMed a monthly 5e D&D game in real life, but it did not scratch my player itch and was hard to coordinate attendance.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: brand new to Fantasy Grounds

Character Type Preferred: I’m hoping to play a Kensei Monk (Wood Elf w/ Elven Accuracy feat eventually) because this new character concept just intrigues me so much. I generally prefer to play melee type characters, men of action.
About me: I am 40 years old, I live in Indianapolis. I love to crack jokes while playing the game.

Character Idea:
Evren Goldleaf (Xiloscient in the elven tongue) is a 298 year old (nearing middle age) Wood Elf Kensei Monk, honing his body into harmony with his weapons. Evren studied for 141 years at the mountaintop Monastery of the Order of the Striking Dragon, which is well-known for its high-powered kicking styles and acrobatic aerial feats, as well as its many weapon techniques.

Evren left the monastery 83 years ago to wander the world and learn about all it contains. He became a bounty hunter to make his way in the world and to help bring peace and order to the world in some small way.

Evren is naturally kind and helpful. He has a quiet and contemplative, yet curious, disposition, but he finds great pleasure in laughter and finding the simple joys in life and friendship. He is quick to offer a kind word and to offer help.

Evren has a secret goal behind his world travels and the development of his bounty hunter skills. His is the lone scion of a noble Wood Elf family. His grandmother, Arellia, was a legendary warrior who vanished on a secret mission/adventure over 600 years ago. His family never speaks about what had drawn her away from home that fateful last time. They do, however, quietly bemoan the loss of the powerful Moonblade sword, Golden Leaf, that was lost with her. The symbol of the family’s hereditary pride and honor, the family has held a diminished status in Wood Elf society ever since the legendary longsword vanished along with its equally legendary owner. Evren hopes to find some clue that will lead him to his grandmother and Golden Leaf, so that he may wield it and repair his family’s honor.

Thanks for considering me,

Aaron

jdhavens
June 10th, 2018, 08:22
I would really like to play I have been looking for a while for a game on Thursday nights. I applied on the game calendar but I would not be able to play this Thursday due to my brothers wedding. Would not have a problem any other time, if that is not a problem please pm and let me know. -thanks

Bryggjemann
June 10th, 2018, 09:51
hey im up i havent played a game yet but keen to ive got a few characters in mind and jungle setting sounds cool

Zomnivore
June 10th, 2018, 22:37
I'm thinking of running a goblin druid. Maybe someone the archeologist recruits as a translator to other goblin tribes in the area. I read a little and it seems goblins are pretty common in the jungles of Chult, but maybe Chult's goblins are a different culture from my guy's and conflict can arise there.

I don't really know what a good goblin name is so I just chose something fun. Burple. I think it'll be a lot of fun being a goblin druid.

I hope my character fits with your theme enough :)

Mersudo
June 11th, 2018, 00:21
I'm interested in playing. Thursdays at 8 would work well for me also. I'm new to D&D 5e so I don't mind trying any class that the group would need. I imagine we are allowed to use all legal sources for 5e PHB, SCAG, and so on.

farfafree
June 13th, 2018, 00:22
Yah go to the game calendar I have the items listed out there.

If you are an accepted player you should have the details on the discord server and details

fatal error
June 13th, 2018, 21:16
Hey everyone. If you are active or been accepted to the game, please join the discord. It is very important