PDA

View Full Version : Show Tokens on Map but not on Combat Tracker

azamboni
June 5th, 2018, 11:32
Hi to all,

I'm creating a new set of "NPC" to simulate cover and barriers that can be moved and destroyed around the maps...like crates and barrels.

In order to move them and keep track of AC and HP of each of them, I've created them as NPCs and I put them on CT and after on the map.

Is it possible to keep showing the tokens on the map, but hide them on the CT for the player? Otherwise the CT is full of "noise"...

Thanks guys!

Zacchaeus
June 5th, 2018, 11:40
Not really. If the NPCs are attackable then you'll need them on the CT and visible anyway. If you are just using the tokens as window dressing then you can leave them off the CT (although I'd recommend using the layers extension otherwise you'll run into issues with token selection).

azamboni
June 5th, 2018, 11:42
Ok, thanks as always Zaccheus!

Trenloe
June 5th, 2018, 15:40
Is it possible to keep showing the tokens on the map, but hide them on the CT for the player? Otherwise the CT is full of "noise"...
Yep, you can do this. Leave the token visibility in the CT as the default (hidden), drag the token from the CT to the map, right-click on the token on the map and select Visibility -> Set Always Visible. This will show the token to the players, but the players won't see the NPC entry in the CT as the combat tracker visibility is still set to hidden.

azamboni
June 5th, 2018, 16:03
Great suggestion Trenloe!

I will try to use it and I will report you the results.

Thanks!