PDA

View Full Version : Using the Macro Bar

gwhitneyy2k
June 4th, 2018, 00:05
One of my characters has a few summoned pets, and it can take a bit of time to find the right character sheet to use the abilities tab to trigger their attacks. So I decided to start using the macro bar feature to speed things up. Set up a system where the main character is on the default bar, then have the pets set up on ALT, CNTRL, SHFT, ALT SHFT, CNTRL SHFT, and SHFT CNTRL ALT. Everything is working smoothly except for the fact that every weapon or spell dmg macro that is set up on a bar with the SHFT command is auto rolling a crit.

How would I work around this?

damned
June 4th, 2018, 00:10
Shift is a shortcut that also turns the roll to a Crit....

Zacchaeus
June 4th, 2018, 00:11
Shift is used to force a critical damage roll, as well as to show opportunity attack with the attack rolls. So the only solution is to not put any attack or damage strings into the shift keys.

Arcanun
June 4th, 2018, 12:28
Interesting, is there anything to force an attack roll do crit?

Trenloe
June 4th, 2018, 14:04
Interesting, is there anything to force an attack roll do crit?
The result of a critical attack is that the damage rolled is critical - so hold SHIFT before rolling damage.

Arcanun
June 4th, 2018, 15:09
The result of a critical attack is that the damage rolled is critical - so hold SHIFT before rolling damage.

What i meant was mading the attack roll a crit... like forcing the attack roll to crit... forcing a natural 20 without the players knowledge

Zacchaeus
June 4th, 2018, 15:13
No, you can't force an attack roll to be a critical. you can of course switch on the manual dice roller and add a 20 to the box for the roll.

Trenloe
June 4th, 2018, 15:17
What i meant was mading the attack roll a crit... like forcing the attack roll to crit... forcing a natural 20 without the players knowledge
You can't change the physical dice. You can use the manual dice option (enabled in the campaign options), but this indicates in the chat window that the roll is [MANUAL].

Or, this extensions might give you something of what you're looking for: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?43751-CoreRPG-based-On-Demand-Manual-Dice-(DM-only)

Arcanun
June 4th, 2018, 15:57
You can't change the physical dice. You can use the manual dice option (enabled in the campaign options), but this indicates in the chat window that the roll is [MANUAL].

Or, this extensions might give you something of what you're looking for: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?43751-CoreRPG-based-On-Demand-Manual-Dice-(DM-only)

But this extension still says to the players that i am manually rolling doesnt it?

Trenloe
June 4th, 2018, 16:07
But this extension still says to the players that i am manually rolling doesnt it?
I don't think so. Give it a go - see if it works for you.

Also see post #27 in the linked thread for news of upcoming functionality around this.

gwhitneyy2k
June 4th, 2018, 19:15
Is there a way around having the macro linked to a specific character sheet and work off the selected character instead?

Trenloe
June 4th, 2018, 19:24
Is there a way around having the macro linked to a specific character sheet and work off the selected character instead?
The hotkey slot is not actually a "macro" in itself, it is a static roll created by dragging a link to an action (dice roll, etc.) which is usually setup on a character sheet - when the hotkey slot is created it is hard coded with the data of a specific action on a specific character sheet, or is just a general roll (using the /die chat command, for example) that isn't tied to any character sheet. So, no, you can't have a generic hotkey slot that is linked to the currently selected character - unless it's a generic roll which doesn't need any data from the character sheet.

Trenloe
June 4th, 2018, 19:27
And another key thing to keep in mind is that the hotkey slot data is hard coded when it is created, and this data is not linked to the character sheet. If the data from the action on the character sheet changes, you'll need to recreate the hotkey slot by dragging/dropping the action link.

gwhitneyy2k
June 5th, 2018, 15:59
Thank you for the help. Loving Fantasy Grounds and the help the community provides. Not being able to use shift in the hokey selection leaves me with only three potential banks (the default set is already dedicated to the PC). This made me concerned about being able to remember which hotkey belonged to which character until I read that you can change the lable of the hotkey. Problem solved.