PDA

View Full Version : Characters disappearing

Arcanun
June 3rd, 2018, 20:42
Last session we finished... all good... all good and today im about to start a session and the characetr of my friend bard disappeared... like wtf? Is this something that happens? How can i get it back?

Make it 2... 2 characters disappeared... my bard and my ranger.

I managed to open an old session and get them back but... the question persists... is it normal? It does happen from time to time?

Zacchaeus
June 3rd, 2018, 22:13
When you say disappeared what do you mean? Was it that they weren't available to the player from the join screen or they weren't in the PCs tab when that was opened? Could you, as DM see them or not. If the player joined with a different name then they won't see their characters since characters are assigned to the name of the person joining.

Also do you use any kind of cloud based back up?

Arcanun
June 4th, 2018, 12:25
No, i was unable to see them, nor they appeared in "Charsheet" inside the db file... i had to open a db.session8782174 file and rename it to db.xml as this file had the characters and the most recent has not.. for some reason

damned
June 4th, 2018, 13:16
Where is your FG data path pointing to?

Arcanun
June 4th, 2018, 13:28
Appdata folder

Trenloe
June 4th, 2018, 14:00
Are you running on a Mac? If so, make sure to exit via the FG desktop right-click menu, don’t just close the FG window using the Mac window controls.

Arcanun
June 4th, 2018, 14:43
Im using windows and im exiting the game exactly as you said, right click exit

Zacchaeus
June 4th, 2018, 15:11
I think what damned was asking was where exactly is your AppData path. What he's getting at is that there might be a read/write issue causing your data not to be saved properly.

damned
June 4th, 2018, 23:38
I dont know - he has the db saved but its missing some data.
All the obvious causes seem to have been checked off.