PDA

View Full Version : Interest check for NEW players for 5e.

Gunphantom
June 2nd, 2018, 20:53
Looking for people who haven't had a chance to play D&D 5e and are interested in the game. I am looking for 4-6 people who might be interested in running a pre built campaign Lost mines of phandelver. It is a short campaign to get people into D&D and help them understand how the game is played ect. I am open on pretty much every day but sunday.

​I am the DM, I have been a DM for 4-5 years now. I am not Matt Mercer lol so do not expect that type of game. Each session will be 3-4 hours long and you will go from lvl 1 to lvl 5. This game should take roughly 3 1/2 months meeting weekly for the set amount of time soooo around 12-16 sessions.

​Again I am looking for newer players who haven't had a chance to really play to help them get into the game. IT IS A INTEREST CHECK so if you want post a reply or send me a PM. we will be using discord.
​ I do not need character back stories or anything save that for if we launch the game. But I would like you to put-

​1. How many players you are. I.E. I have 2 friends that want to play with me.
​2. age
​3. interest in D&D. People who are not really interested tend to drop from games. and once a game is more than 1/3rd the way through its near impossible to recruit replacements.
​4. pick 2 classes you would be interested in playing. sublasses aren't needed I just need to know palladin, fighter. warlock, ranger. wizard, cleric so on so forth.
​5. WHAT DAY AND TIMES YOU ARE AVAILABLE!!!.
​6. do you have any D&D experience?

Shadenon
June 2nd, 2018, 21:13
1) 1
2) 42
3) I love D&D though I haven't played in quite some time.
4) I have been wanting to play a Divine Sorceror, maybe with first level in fighter. Otherwise maybe a wizard.
5) I am available any time on Saturdays. I could also do Sundays, but looks like that is the one you can't make.
6) I have played a lot of D&D 2nd edition, but it has been a long time. I recently picked up a 5E PHB

I work a semi high-stress job through the week, so am looking for a group I can chill with and have a fun time. I get along with most people, but if it turns out some of the players are nasty I will let the DM know and drop. Otherwise you can count on me to reliably show up, be friendly and be on time.

Edit: fixed typos

alacfitz
June 2nd, 2018, 22:08
1) 1
2) 45
3) Played D&D for years, but stopped shortly after 4e came out.
4) Bards, or any magic users are my goto... but I can play anything
5) Primarily nights (5-midnight PST)
6) Played the Gygax pamphlets, the 1e red box, 2nd, and ALOT of 3 and 3.5. Learning the ins and outs for fantasy grounds currently have the PHB, DMG, and Tales from teh Sword Coast. Played mostly in Forgotten Realms

My history is in heavy RolePlay games with fewer pre made adventures. I tend to not be a war leader for any party I am in but will actively try to make encounters with non killy npc's fun and useful. I work a random schedule so there may be times I have to bail on a night because the gods forsaken computer the generates my schedule decides to turn against me.

Alacrity Fitzhugh

diniminiax
June 2nd, 2018, 23:04
Not entirely sure what timezone you're aiming for here but here goes :)

​1. 1
​2. 26
​3. High - I've been looking for a group for ages. However, with not that much of luck - managed to get a couple started but they just never went anywhere beyond 1-2 sessions. Love RPGs in general, and have done some mmo RP with adapted dice rules (though they were either homebrew rules or adapted from different tabletops)
​4. Ranger, Monk... I'm generally very open on what the overall group setup needs.
​5. Weekdays from 6pm GMT on most days. Weekends, anytime during the day (GMT+0)
​6. Only about 3 sessions of, and as much as listening to a singular podcast gives you

Endariok
June 3rd, 2018, 00:30
1. Just myself
2. 36
3. High interest but unsure of Fantasy Grounds
4. Warlock or Fighter
5. EST (-5 GMT) Fridays and Saturdays morning to 11pm.
6. Played 3.5 extensively, now running (DM) my first campaign in 5e

pat_smith1969
June 3rd, 2018, 01:58
1. 1 (me, myself, and I.. so I guess 3)
​2. 49 (am I really that old already?)
​3. Currently in an in-person group. Love Fantasy Grounds.
​4. Warlock or Wizard.. but really open to most anything.
​5. Friday Nights EST.
​6. Started with D&D was in a box (D&D Basic). Ran some "Advanced D&D" games for a few years. Had a really long layoff.

Please note.. I do have SOME 5E experinece. I started in a monthly in-person campaign but I don't know a lot about 5e.

Wardogg
June 3rd, 2018, 02:34
Hi, i just purchased fantasy grounds and am interested in giving it a try. I'm a old school d&d player, early 40's. I like playing a variety of classes, but prefer fighter / rogue roles. I was very active when 2.0 was around, and have 0 experience with 5e. I'm also semi-retired , so any time slot can be arranged.

Locuck
June 3rd, 2018, 02:50
1. 1
2. 42
3. I am interested. (I'm an avid Critical Role watcher, Im on episode 77 of season 1, and caught up on season 2)
4. Fighter , Bard (I could be talked into rogue, ranger or Paladin)
5. Cant do Monday evening, Tuesday evening, Sunday or Saturday morning. Any other day/time I can work with. (not really a morning person tho.)
6. Have played many tabletop games, Savage worlds, Rifts, a little pathfinder. But havn't found a D&D game to play in started one but it fell apart. Have not played on FG I just bought it on sale. I have had the 5E book for along time. Ive also watched a lot of Crit role like I said earlier so familiarity wont be a problem but i will have to get used to FG.
<o

Algar Dunraven
June 4th, 2018, 22:07
1. 1 (possible chance of my son joining, so maybe 2 depending on when we play)
2. 54 (24)
3. I love playing D&D. Have Dm'd many times but haven't played on Fantasy Grounds yet.
4. Cleric or maybe Paladin (Fighter)
5. Monday-Thursday evenings are pretty open for me approx. 8:00 EST
6. Have been playing D&D since the 70's. Been a player and an old school DM for 1st & 2nd edition. Have been dabbling in 5th edition for the last year or two. This would be my first time on FG but have watched it played on Youtube numerous times. I have the demo. Do you have the ultimate license?

Scr3ns
June 5th, 2018, 01:00
​1. 1
​2. 25
​3. Love the idea of the game, being able to get away into something else for a while is always nice.
​4. Fighter or Warlock
​5. Friday nights (around 7pm CST) or Saturdays (12pm CST or later)
​6. Some (5 sessions) 5e experience and very little (1-2 sessions) of 4e

Dragontongue
June 5th, 2018, 03:39
1. 1
​2. 32
​3. Have been Dming for years, however i rarely ever get to play, looking to experience 5th edition from the players side of things.
​4. Rogue / Warrior
​5. Wednesday Evenings or Saturday Morning or Sunday whenever
​6. I have been Dming for a long time, however i rarely ever get to play, only maybe a handful of sessions in the last 5 years. played mostly in 2nd edition. have touched third and pathfinder and just a smattering of 5th edition during the play test.

GregRex
June 5th, 2018, 04:10
​1. One
​2. 34
​3. Super interested, I played my first game of 5e about 3 months ago then the store closed after my second session.
​4. Ranger, Cleric
​5. I am available weekdays after 5pm Pacific (-7). Available all times on Saturday and Sunday
​6. I played AD&D and 3e in High School.

robomagon
June 5th, 2018, 09:49
​1. Just me.
​2. 35
​3. I've played just about every D&D video game from 1E to 3.5E (except MMOs). Used to read some of the novels and lots of rulebooks.
​4. Probably Fighter, Paladin, or Ranger.
​5. Just about any time and any day.
​6. No tabletop experience of any kind.

Zomnivore
June 6th, 2018, 01:09
1. Just me
​2. 25
​3. interest in D&D. I'm pretty interested. I've bought the PHB and read it all except the spell lists. I don't know if I can handle super long sessions, because I've never done this before.
4. Rogue, and Druid are the classes I'm most interested in.
​5. I'm on disability so I basically have all the time in the world, the only problem is when I take my medication I get drowsy so if it stretches really late I might have a problem. I'm CST which I think is GMT+5 I don't know much about GMT or how to tell time using it.
​6. Do you have any D&D experience? Never played. I've created a character on a character sheet following a guide. I've read the books and have loved the monster book since I was a kid, but I've only watched a few shows. I've browsed a Web DM's channel on youtube. I've seen most of Acquisitions Inc. Harmon Quest, and very little of Critical Role.

XIII II XIX
June 7th, 2018, 05:29
1. 1
2. 33
3. Interested
4. something simple see 6
5. Anytime
6. none at all.

manuel11g
June 7th, 2018, 12:45
​1. 1
​2. 30
​3. I always wanted to play but never got any players around me
​4. I like the ranger/druid possibilities
​5. evenings during work days or day time during weekends
​6. only from Forgotten Realm PC games (especially Neverwinter :) )

Bryggjemann
June 7th, 2018, 14:48
I used to play d&d 3.5 about ten years ago and I really want to get back into it, I’m easy to work around any time, I’d like to play either a paladin or barbarian or even have a go at a cleric if the party needs the heals

Kingcrim
June 7th, 2018, 15:26

​1. Just me :(
​2. 30
​3. Love the lore and story elements from gaming apart from just combat.
​4. I am very flexible with pc's but if its a long campaign I want to run my fighter (pirate) guy
​5. I can be availible pretty much anytime provided I have a heads up.
​6. I have read all the core books and have played a couple of times IRL, I just got FG and have been doing the classes and whatnot untill I can find a game.

chamal1380
June 7th, 2018, 23:23
1.Just me
3. Been wanting to play for as long as I can remember, played many of the PC games.
4. Rogue, Ranger, Fighter
5. I can play at night usually, days can be tricky due to revolving work cycling of days
6. I have a few books from the 5e.

Just subscribed to FG and am looking forward to playing.

HuanHakLo
June 8th, 2018, 01:07
1. Just me
2. 53
3. I enjoy D&D and have played 1st Edition through 3.5.
4. I'd be interested in playing a cleric or rogue.
5. Evenings after 6pm Eastern any day works well for me.
6. Have been playing D&D and other RPGs since 1979. Been a player and DM for 1st & 2nd editions as well as 3.5. I'm new to 5th edition but I'm picking it up. I'm new to FG. Have the standard paid license. Looking forward to actually using FG in an actual game.

Wardow
June 8th, 2018, 02:49
1. Me and 2 others
2. 41, 35, 33
3. All have been part of a pretty constant weekly group now, DM would just rather play and some other players are not as consistent.
4. Any class, prefer fighter, cleric(or other healer type), bard, monk. But all 2 players can do any class well
5. Thursday nights around 8pm CST
6. All have been playing 5e for some time. only the DM has played LMOP but can just play support if needed, completely understands meta-gaming. So wouldn't be just new players but would be experience in how the game runs to support other new players in the game and on FG.

Gunphantom
June 8th, 2018, 04:06
Thanks for all the msg's / replies. I have sent out several msgs to people already so ATM my game is full. if people get back to me. if people don't I may have room for 1-2 people just depends. ANYWAY those that were later to post sorry I haven't responded to you as I have been trying to make the group.