PDA

View Full Version : The not logic conditional.

Slagmoth
May 31st, 2018, 02:22
I can see how damage resistance works:

RESIST: bludgeoning, piercing, !magic

For example... what I am trying to do is test for a condition/effect that is not present.

IF: CUSTOM(!Sneak Attack); Sneak Attack; DMG: 1d6 and IF: !CUSTOM(Sneak Attack); Sneak Attack; DMG: 1d6

Neither of those work. Is it currently possible to do ternary logic?

Essentially what is happening is that some of the screens/buttons require a double click and others are only a single click, when applying the effects that can get confusing and thus I had a player add my Sneak Attack effect twice before rolling damage. Looking for a way for the effect to test to see if it is already there before applying.

Moon Wizard
May 31st, 2018, 03:28
There is not a general purpose NOT operator. The damage resistance NOT operator is unique to that tag.

Regards,
JPG

Slagmoth
May 31st, 2018, 03:41
There is not a general purpose NOT operator. The damage resistance NOT operator is unique to that tag.

Regards,
JPG

That is unfortunate.

Is there an example out there somewhere of chaining statements together? I assume I would have to do this with two effects but was trying some things out to see if I could do it in one.

Eldritch Smite; DMG: 5d8 force; IFT: SIZE(>= large); Prone

Unfortunately, I also cannot get even the IFT: SIZE(>= large); Prone to work as it won't apply the Prone status to the target on my damage roll.

Moon Wizard
May 31st, 2018, 03:49
You need two different effects, because the effects only apply to the creature they are on. The damage effect enhances your damage roll, but the prone effect is for the target (not for you).

Regards,
JPG