PDA

View Full Version : How to deal with guns with more than one type of damage?

YAKO SOMEDAKY
May 30th, 2018, 20:16
I ask this in the aesthetic factor and the drag-and-drop character
In the example I am using an Electrolaser Pistol.

HalC
July 12th, 2018, 03:17
I ask this in the aesthetic factor and the drag-and-drop character
In the example I am using an Electrolaser Pistol.

Hi Yako2020,
I'm not certain I understand what you're trying to do. I took the electrolaser carbine from ULtra-tech in GCA, and exported the character directly to FG. When I clicked open the ranged combat section on the character sheet, the electrolaser showed up as a single item, but with two damage line possibilities. One showed the HT-4(2) information, the other showed "linked" as 1d-3 burn. Just as you would show up with one line for damage with a normal bullet firing a slug, you open up the second line with the edit button and insert both damage types.

At least, that's what I think you're trying to do. Do you want a Screen shot send to you via email as to what I'm seeing?

YAKO SOMEDAKY
July 12th, 2018, 03:46
Import from GCA a character works, but create something all in FG don't work HalC :(

Gigermann
July 12th, 2018, 03:52
Import from GCA a character works, but create something all in FG don't work HalC :(

That's on the to-do list

HalC
July 12th, 2018, 04:08

Maybe I'm misunderstanding. I imported the Electrolaser using GCA without a problem. When I tried to manually input it into a character sheet, instead of importing it, I had no problem. But because the other sheet was imported via GCA, I thought "ok, let's create a blank character sheet, not one that was imported. I was able to manually enter the data for an Electrolaser Carbine in the manually created character sheet.

How did I do that? First, I clicked on the combat tab of the character sheet, then I selected the Ranged tab in that section of the character sheet. Next, I hit the slash button for "edit" and got the green plus symbol in the edit mode, and hit that. This gave me a new entry to imput.

The very next step after entering in the name Electrolaser Carbine, is to hit the downwards Arrow with the two lines above it (like an equal sign). That in turn opens up a box that has - yup, you guessed it, that slash button denoting "edit". Click on that, and a new green plus symbol button shows up, click that twice. One for the one entry for "Affliction" and one for the "linked" entry containing the burn damage listing. Once you finish that, close everything up, and presto, you have a weapon listing two different damage types for the same weapon. If you want a step by step screen shot showing how to do it, let me know with a message and your email address and I'll send it your way. Either that, or teach me how to embed those screen shots here on the forums. ;)

YAKO SOMEDAKY
July 12th, 2018, 04:33
Thanks @Gigermann (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/member.php?8376-Gigermann)

YAKO SOMEDAKY
July 12th, 2018, 04:36
HalC create a item in menu item and drag to the character inventory don't work, this is the problem that Ronnke and Gigermann was tryingto fix, create manually works, but I want make a shop store and for this I need Items