PDA

View Full Version : Targeting Problem

Arcanun
May 30th, 2018, 15:40
So, last week me and my friends played a session of 5e... this session had a battle that had like 40 tokens involved... when there is that many tokens in combat tracker... the target must be doing with the ctrl key + left click right... it would be perfect... we all like that way BUT... it was not working for everyone everytimes... some times ctrl left click worked sometimes not... what is happening? Someone have any idea about it?

Zacchaeus
May 30th, 2018, 15:52
Usually that indicates that the PCs and/or the NPCs were not placed correctly on the map. I.e they were not placed on the combat tracker and then dragged from there onto the map.

Arcanun
May 30th, 2018, 16:24
They way i did was... put everything on the tracker and then drag the skulls... the skulls do not work?

Trenloe
May 30th, 2018, 16:42
it was not working for everyone everytimes... some times ctrl left click worked sometimes not... what is happening? Someone have any idea about it?
Make sure that the source token is selected with a single left-click (it will highlight the token with a white circle) before doing the CTRL+left-click on the target of the action. This is especially important for players controlling multiple characters, or the GM.

The highlighting will also change as the combat tracker is advanced - moving with the current actor.

Another gotcha - the targeting lines will only be displayed for creatures you don't own if you hover the mouse over the source of the targeting, or look at the combat tracker for "Targets". This can sometimes be confusing and make other users think the targeting is not active.

And, if the user has clicked the targeting icon on the top left of the modifier box, the targeting won't be used as this button ignores targeting for rolls.

Arcanun
June 4th, 2018, 13:27
I follow all the inscructions you guys gave me and it is working properly, thanks