PDA

View Full Version : Can a player have more than one Character

Jalum
May 10th, 2006, 04:51
My Question may seem odd and probably has a quick answer. But can a player have more than one character open at a time? Just got FG a friend and I are trying to finish up an old adventure, but we both had two characters. Our first attempt from the table to the comp. Anyway insight would be helpful. As of right now it looks like its not possible unless i'm missing something.

Jalum

Cantstanzya
May 10th, 2006, 05:20
Not possible at the moment, but it has been requested by many others. I'm guessing it will be available in some future release.

Doc4
May 10th, 2006, 06:19
One very painfull method we worked with in our custom ruleset was adding additional tabs and sheets to alloy for the second character's details.

The player then created a character with a nondescript official name of "-" or "*". Then, when playing as a character he would use the /mood command to change between characters.

The end result would be:

* (Dr. Johnson): Ok, let's move out.
* (O'Shea): No thanks, doc. I'll stay put.

We ended up passing on multiple characters as the work was too much making so many changes to the character sheet.

Tom / Doc4

Toadwart
May 10th, 2006, 07:37
There is a workaround if you are game enough to set up a custom ruleset.
Some (fairly minor) modifications to the charactersheet xml will allow the dm to share a character sheet with a player and allow that player to edit the data on that sheet
This allows a player to have more than one charactersheet open at the same time. It's not a perfect solution (the 'extra' characters don't have a visible portrait for example) but it does work.

There are posts on these forums (and on the fouruglymonsters forums) describing the changes needed.
If you have trouble finding the posts just give a yell and I'll hunt them out for ya.