PDA

View Full Version : Shadowrun

badphantom
May 9th, 2006, 20:43
I'm asking myself, if someone would be interested in a Shadowrun Campaign.
Shadowrun is a d6 - based Cyberpunk game.

Standard Character Sheets could be used, though entries were kind of different =)

The Ruleset like this one https://www.digitaladventures.net/downloads.htm
would do for the modern ambient.

Anyone interested ??

joshuha
May 9th, 2006, 21:48
Shadowrun 4th edition?

Also I would really wait until 1.06 to develop a Shadowrun ruleset (or World of Darkness for that matter) as both of these systems use dice pools against target numbers. While you could do all of this manually now (say roll 10d6 and compare each one to a target number) the scripting in 1.06 will allow you to roll against target numbers and generate number of success and what not.

I was planning on doing a Shadowrun set and a WoD set in 1.06 but if you want to do it now and need any help let me know. I am pretty good with the XML and the concepts along with others on the board.

badphantom
May 10th, 2006, 15:04
Alright, i will make use of that offering :D

I just started with the Character sheet graphics, so no need for XML right now.

I planned to play 3rd edition, as i started playing with the first, and a looong time of not playing after that. Dunno what's new in 4th, but anyhow i'm very familiar with 3rd rules.

If anyone is interested i playing SR 3rd, let me know. If not, i could save my time.

:cool:

joshuha
May 10th, 2006, 15:17
The big idifference in 4th is is that all target numbers are essentially the same and modifiers add or subtract the amount of dice rolled. I haven't had a chance to play 4th edition but it seems like the new rule will make the game flow faster and not have to spend so much time calculating the target number.

greyyone
May 11th, 2006, 03:58
Shadowrun would be fun. I would be interested, though it has been awhile since I have played in one. Ever play Shadowrun on, I think it was the n64? That was fun.

EyeBall
May 11th, 2006, 11:31
Shadowrun 4th is actually a little more streamlined. In addition to that, it is a bit more balanced, if balance is what one would call it. Our group is planning a ftf game starting sometime in June. Being and oldschool SR player, I can say I am really looking forward to it. If this game gets off the ground, depending on the day, I would be interested in playing.

EYE

Belizan
May 12th, 2006, 00:30
Any idea what day you were thinking to run it on?

Ray
May 12th, 2006, 21:55
i would also love to play if you get the game running, i have the 4th ed rules and know them pretty well

Ray

ByteBandit
May 13th, 2006, 14:24
I would also be interested in joining a 4th Ed campaign. I have played Cyberpunk 2020 in the past and loved it. I've never played Shadowrun but have just downloaded the Shadowrun 4th Edition Core Rules in PDF format from Drivethrurpg recently and really like the look of it. Please keep me posted on any developments.

badphantom
May 14th, 2006, 22:30
oh, okay..

so there is someone interested :cool:

I'm working on SR ruleset, could take a time.

I would start a SR game with existing MSRD ruleset.But preferring 3rd edition, as i don't have any sources about the 4th.
I will open a campaign in the Game Calendar, so we'll see who's gonna join.

Cya there

badphantom
May 15th, 2006, 15:54
I invited you all to open campaign.

Anyhow i still gotta work out the plan, but just to place the discussion about details there.
Estimating a week until campaign could be played.

I would appreciate if you accept my invitation, and we could get nearer to start the game.

Greetings,
badphantom

greyyone
May 15th, 2006, 19:39
Is this up on the calendar? Looked but didn't see it. Oops nm, I see it now. ;)

Are we doing 3rd edition then? Just have to pick up the books again and would be nice to get the correct edition.

ByteBandit
May 15th, 2006, 23:12
I've just been trying to get to grips with 4th Edition rules. As I haven't played ShadowRun before it's all new to me. How different are 4th Ed rules from 3rd?

badphantom
May 17th, 2006, 18:48
Well, joshua said, in 4th edition modifiers will change the amount of dices to be thrown.

I would prefer 3rd Edition, as i'm very familiar with it and have played it over years. If you would accept that, i think gameflow would be nice.

Otherwise i gotta read into the 4th edition, could take time =)

greyyone
May 18th, 2006, 04:23
Do you all have a certain time in mind? I am on PST so am usually good for any time past 6PST - 10:30PST mon-fri, or sunday anytime.

badphantom
May 18th, 2006, 15:20
well my best time is also from 0600 pm and on..
except wednesday.

Vote for it on time scheduler please

greyyone
May 19th, 2006, 02:46
well my best time is also from 0600 pm and on..
except wednesday.

Vote for it on time scheduler please

Which time zone though are you? Is your profile correct with location in Germany? If so then my times will probably not work out with yours, considering I am in California, unless it's on a weekend.

LoL for some reason the calendar was not updating for me until I changed my time zone. Now all the comments and voting I can see. Wierd. Ok will post this over in the calendar.

ByteBandit
May 19th, 2006, 18:04
Here are the changes to the game mechanics of SR4 compared to earlier versions:

For veterans of Shadowrun, Third Edition (and the first and second editions!), here’s the lowdown on important mechanical concepts that have changed

• Dice pools no longer exist in their SR3 form. They are now attribute + skill +/– modifiers.
• The target number for dice rolls is now always 5. Yes, all target numbers. Modifiers add or subtract from dice pools, not the target number.
• Each roll of 5 or 6 is a “hit” rather than a “success.” Success is determined by the number of hits scored.
• The Rule of One is triggered more frequently (ie. if more than half the die rolled are 1's), and may be triggered even when the roll is successful. See Glitches, p. 55. We feel your pain.
• The Rule of Six no longer applies, except when you are using Edge. See p. 67.
• Open Tests no longer exist.
• A new type of test—Extended Tests—has been added.
• The maximum for natural, unaugmented Physical and Mental attribute ratings is now 6 (plus metatype modifiers).
• Intelligence is divided into two new attributes: Intuition and Logic.
• Quickness is divided into two new attributes: Agility and Reaction (Reaction is no longer a derived attribute).
• Initiative is now a derived attribute (Reaction + Intuition).
• Two new attributes have been added: Edge (luck) and Resonance (for technomancers).
• Magic no longer starts at 6; it must be purchased just like other attributes.
• Bioware and cyberware both reduce Essence, but they are tracked separately and the lesser value counts at half.
• Exclusive Actions no longer exist.
• You may now purchase skill groups—groups of related skills with a cheaper bundled cost.
• All types of combat are now handled as Opposed Tests.
• Condition Monitors are no longer fixed at 10 boxes (see Condition Monitors, p. 65).
• Wound Levels are gone and Damage Codes were changed to a single Damage Value (see p. 152) and an Armour Penetration modifier (see p. 152).
• Matrix attributes and ratings are radically different (see The Wireless World, p. 205).
• Street Index, Legality, Concealability, and Weight have been removed from gear statistics in favour of simplified systems.

badphantom
May 19th, 2006, 18:17
umm...

i don't like that; sure, it makes the game much easier, but takes its depth as well.