PDA

View Full Version : LFG 1P Sun-Thur UTC+1 Prefer 5e or Starfinder

M1sterMagoo
May 27th, 2018, 16:27
Hello, Player returning to scene following 2 decade distraction. UK based. New to FG but played many tabletop RP games in past. Available Sunday through Thursday evenings UTC+1. Own 5e PHB, Starfinder CR and Torg Eternity CR. Looking for a friendly, long term game. Hope to DM a Starfinder Home brew campaign in the future once I get back into the swing of things. I'm rusty but keen. Thanks.

Jops556
May 27th, 2018, 18:45
Hello there!

Due to time zones, me and a friend are having a bit of a hard time finding a game that has an euro-friendly schedule.
So, i figured, we could join forces and look for a GM together and, if we really are out of luck, I could then give a go at GMing myself (although I'd rather play a bit and familiarize with the 5E rules first).
We're both experienced roleplayers who care more about shaping a fun and interesting story than strictly sticking to the rules, so GM creative liberties are totally fine to us.

Cheers. ^^

M1sterMagoo
May 27th, 2018, 20:07
Hello,

Yeah FG seems to be favoured by our US friends. I'm up for teaming up - we have similar approaches to gaming by the slunds of it. I would be up for a bit of DMing too but I need some XP with the FG software.

Cheers

damned
May 27th, 2018, 23:27
Hey guys - you have two players willing to do some GM sharing - start a group - you will find the extra players with little trouble.
Even suggest to new players that they too might take a short turn at GMing along the way.

Jops556
May 28th, 2018, 17:40
Fair point. ^^
We could still use having at least one more person, tho.

I guess I can create a new thread where we specifically look for people in our timezone (for the sake of better visibility) and then decide our next step based on what comes out of it.
What do you think, Magoo? Does it sound fine to you?

dmkevin
May 28th, 2018, 17:52
Hi guys,

I am also in UK and am interested in Starfinder.

I have dm'ed 5e many times in FG but not yet played nor ran Starfinder. I have however been getting ready to set up a campaign probably in the next two or three weeks to start. I've just been creating PC's (to get to grips with the system today) and putting tokens and portraits together for when ready. If you want to rotate GMs, that's fine too.

Regards,

dm-kevin

Jops556
May 28th, 2018, 18:05
Then it looks like we've got the basis to get started.
We will only need to agree on who's gonna GM first and when we will play. ^^

diniminiax
May 28th, 2018, 21:53
Hi there, any chance you are looking for another? UK based here as well, though somewhat of a beginner :)

Jops556
May 28th, 2018, 22:17
Sure thing!
You would actually bring us to a full party of 4 players + 1 GM.

So, what about we meet one of the next evening for an hour or so just to get a bit of introduction and plan our next move?

dmkevin
May 28th, 2018, 22:40
We need to find a date the 3 GMs can agree on first.

Would Thursday nights every two weeks at 7:30 pm to 23:00 BST be okay

If you wish, I'll set up a campaign (for the three of us to run) on the game calendar and let people apply there. Effectively we have two slots taken already with 3 gms good to go. I suggest we switch GMs after each for go first as I have dm'ed on FG for the last 3 years. I've got the Starfinder ruleset, alien archive, and first FG published adventure Dead Suns AP 1: Incident at Absalom Station.

Maybe we switch at Part 2, and again at 3? Or we create our own scenarios.

I'll send you both a discord invite so we can discuss before proceeding further.

As we haven't set up yet, it shouldn't likely be a problem to send you the first invite diniminiax but no point going forward yet until M1sterMagoo, Jops556we and I agree to do this, and agreed what dates and times we can run, and if you can make it etc.

Regards,

dmkevin

Jops556
May 28th, 2018, 23:01
The Thursday night schedule seems fine to me. I'm in.