PDA

View Full Version : LFP Campign Intro One-Shot based on your schedule!

Andrew Bradford
May 27th, 2018, 12:09
---Introduction---

Hello my name is Andrew, I am a fan of dungeons and dragons and I currently run 3 ongoing campaigns a week within a homebrewed world of imagination known as Opes'Terra. After seeing the vast majority of people who are interested in getting a grasp or just playing more DnD in general and cant, I made it a priority to help as many of those players out as possible, and what better way to do that than run a one shot session over and over with unique people to introduce them to my DMing style as well as my campaign setting!

This oneshot while helping me DM for tons of unique players and meet amazing people who are out there wandering about, also allows me to test the waters with players who are interested in joining one of my ongoing or upcoming long-term campaign groups!

---Plans/Expectations---

This one-shot is used as an introduction to my large scale 5th Edition homebrewed campaign world. By creating a character and running in this one-shot, you are helping enrich and populate the world I am constantly working on. I plan to create NPC's out of most if not all the characters created for the purposes of these one shots, while also providing a stepping stone for those interested in actually continuing their characters story after the session by adapting them into an ongoing or upcoming campaign group.

--Game Etiquette--

You are free to interupt the DM to declare an action or ask questions at any time

However, do your best to NOT interupt players if they are declaring actions or asking questions

Understand that the fun of this game is about the GROUP, you are free to take the spotlight and showoff your character from time to time, but keep the other players in mind and let them have their moments to.

The best way to compliment and allow room for the other players to have moments of their own is create a weakness, take a 6 in one ability score, have a flaw that compliments another characters personality trait or bond. Work together to enjoy the game as a group

--Character Creation--

Following up the previous points, party composition and "roles" are a construct of the mind, they do not truly exist in DnD, at least not in this campaign setting.

If you enjoy being a part of a "balanced" party, by all means ask the other players what they are playing and choose a role that fits in along with your playstyle.

But, this also means that you as a player are not obligated to follow a "composition". If there are two players who want to play sorcerers, be sorcerers together, this game allows so many unique ways to differ characters outside of class choice.

This also goes over making your own character, maybe you want to be a sharpshooter who uses a shortbow, a longbow, and two crossbows and no other weapons. You would primarily think of this character as a ranger, maybe not though... He or she could be a barbarian, a rogue, even a bard. Choose a class that you like, and play the character you have an idea for, don't limit yourself to what appears to be the "obvious" choice class wise if you don't want to.

--The World--

The name of the game is all about having fun, I put a load of free time into crafting a building a world and a campaign for you to enjoy, so please enjoy it however you like.

With that said though, please understand and respect the fact that this world is home to multiple ongoing campaign groups, and your actions permanently change this world for everyone, so try to see it as a living breathing environment rather than a grand theft auto simulator.

There is nothing wrong with being silly and not always being in character or doing the "right" thing, but just keep in mind the other players you are playing with and the world that will stay changed due to your decisions.

You have no obligation or need to dive into the lore and depth of the world and its characters, so feel free to just be all about your character so long as you enjoy and care about that character.

If you are interested in the lore and different things of the world, take notes! It can be a lot to take in and remember without writing it down. Some information that will be passed to you will not be handed back to you without a successful Intelligence(History) check. Some information will have to be remembered, so taking notes can give you an edge when it comes to that.

Roleplaying Types

When playing, express yourself and your character however you like. If you like to talk in character and act out your characters actions, thats great you are free to do so. If you are shy and wish to mostly spectate and provide your characters actions in a third person way, that's great and you are free to do so. Either way works and neither is better than the other, they are just different ways of playing.

---Homebrew Rules---

Ability Scores

3d6 x4 (reroll 1s) and then distribute to the stats of your choice, your last two empty scores become 15 and 8, you choose where to distribute the 15 and 8 freely.

DM Rulings

Rules can and sometimes will be discarded or altered in favor of storytelling and or fun, though this is not an extremely common occurrence, players who wish to play by the book should find a different group.

Magic Items

The Identify spell as well as the PHB rulings of identifying magic items are removed from the game in favor of using the Arcana skill and high level npcs/pcs to identify magic items and their properties.

Alternate Resurrection

Alternate Resurrection rules are in place in favor of making character death more meaningful and difficult to return from. (In short, there is a DC to beat when attempting to return a character that has died. The DC of the check is determined by the active members helping with the task.

---Ongoing Campaigns---

For those of you interested in possibly joining one of the ongoing long term campaigns, you can find the current schedule and availability below.

Thursday 5:30pm PST / Available Spots: 0 / Current Session: 8

Friday 9:00pm PST / Available Spots: 3 / Current Session: 1

Sunday 7:30pm PST / Available Spots: 1 / Current Session: 19

---HOW DO I GET INVOLVED? I WANT TO PLAY!---

Due to my flexible schedule I am happy to work these one shot sessions around you, the player! Please copy/paste the form below and post a reply to this thread, once enough players have signed up in a specific timeslot I will contact the players and get things rolling!

Note: The more days/time availability you put in, the higher chance of getting into a group faster, though I assure you I will do my best to get everyone into groups asap :)

--Player Signup Form--

Timezone:

Available Days/Times to Play:

Llyle
May 27th, 2018, 13:01
Hiya! Which edition of D&D is this? 5e? 4e? 3.5?

Andrew Bradford
May 27th, 2018, 13:02
5th Edition!

damned
May 27th, 2018, 15:36
Hiya! Which edition of D&D is this? 5e? 4e? 3.5?

What?
Why no option for OD&D, 1E, 2E or even 3E?
Or BX or BECMI?

BillyK
May 27th, 2018, 21:38
Hi, I am interested in the below session:

Friday 9:00pm PST / Available Spots: 3 / Current Session: 1

I have been playing D&D off and on since 1st addition (I am 42 years old) - I have never played "online" so that will be a learning curve for me. I want to play a hitman for hire type rogue with a focus on charisma based skills - I was thinking of dipping a few levels into warlock in order to pick up Pact Blade.

My character will kill good or evil people alike - however he still has a code - meaning he will kill to defend himself but does not murder wantonly without pay. So the average Joe walking down the street doesnt need to worry about being murdered unless the average was the target that my character had been paid to kill :-)

He is willing to do some adventuring in order to gain access to more power for the sole purpose of being a more lethal assassin.

thank you for the consideration.

Soulsplay
May 27th, 2018, 22:05
I am very interested in joining.

I live in CST US & I am available most nights after 6pm.

Mordork
May 28th, 2018, 03:54
I am interested in gaming. I tend to play what the party needs most.

Available anytime, (Im a maker self employed yay)

-Erica

Also interested in a long term game.

Gardsvoll
May 28th, 2018, 21:25
Hey Andrew,

We are two guys trying to get into FG.
I have some experience with earlier version of d&d, but none with 5e and none online. My Mate is new to both.
We'd love to join a game or two at some point. We're both quick learners and eager to get started.

We're from Europe, so it'll probably be easiest to schedule during weekends.

Timezone:
UTC +2/3

Available Days/Times to Play:
Friday/Saturday/Sunday

UTC 14:00-22:00
PST 07:00-15:00

Time is negotiable, and we might be able to do it during weekday evenings (PST 09:00-15:00ish, but not much later than that), if you cannot fit us in during a weekend.

Royalwolf
May 29th, 2018, 13:03
Timezone: Central US time

Available Days/Times to Play: Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday evenings starting around 7-8 PM works best for me

CommanderZukashi
May 29th, 2018, 13:15
Time Zone: EST
Available Days: Friday, Saturday, Sunday

HarleyJane
May 31st, 2018, 06:15
I am interested in playing in a one-shot as well as a long term campaign. I am fairly new to FG, but I am an experienced D&D player.

Timezone:CST

Available Days/Times to Play: Mondays, Fridays and Sundays after 6pm CST (or 4pm PST)

jdhavens
June 1st, 2018, 07:50
Timezone: CST

Available Days/Times to Play: Wednesday 2100-0300 Thursday Bi-weekly anytime after 1930 - 0300

alacfitz
June 2nd, 2018, 22:22
Times Zone PST: can play nights my time... mostly
Learning FG, but an old hand at d&d.. new to 5th ed. played all previous versions but lost contact with my player base a few years back.
Played almost exclusively in Forgotten Realms but open to any setting.

would love to pull a one shot, and if it goes well get into one of you longer running games.

Kingcrim
June 7th, 2018, 21:54
Hi!, I'd love to give your game a go. I currently have a barbarian, fighter, rogue and a wizard rolled up and ready to go I have only played 1 game of dnd ever however I've been taking the classes offered here and have a pretty good idea how it all flows. My time zone is MDT UTC -6 and I am pretty flexible as far as days go, let me know if you have room In a session sometime soon.

XIII II XIX
June 8th, 2018, 00:14
Timezone: PT

Available Days/Times to Play: any days / any times