PDA

View Full Version : 5E Random Treasure Generator

Olog
May 27th, 2018, 03:21
Overview
This extension adds a button to an encounter window that will generate a random treasure parcel appropriate for the number of creatures and their challenge rating present in the encounter. The "Individual Treasure" tables from the Dungeon Master's Guide can be used as a default, or the user can create their own random treasure tables based on a creatures challenge rating.

Getting Started
Just copy the extension file to the extension folder of your Fantasy Grounds installation. Enable the extension as usual when creating or loading your campaign. Once your campaign loads, a new sample table will be displayed. You can just delete this table and use the DMG tables if desired. Or take a look at the new tables description for tips on creating your own treasure tables.

Details
This extension reads the npc's and the number appearing from an encounter. A table is programmatically generated and then rolled on, outputting the results to a item parcel. The table is then automatically deleted. The generated table consults existing treasure tables located within a new table group "Random Treasure Generator Extension", which is automatically created. If no tables are found in this group, the extension defaults to the DMG tables. (The DMG module must be loaded to use the default tables.) A sample treasure table is also created if the "Random Treasure Generator Extension" group is not found. This sample treasure table should be edited to match your campaign. (It will only generate 1d6 gold for a creature regardless of CR, but is otherwise fully fuctional). If no "Random Treasure Generator Extension" group is found in your tables, the group will be created and the sample table will be put in the group.

Custom Treasure Tables
You can create your own custom treasure tables. This is recommended if you do not use the DMG, as the provided sample table is more or less a placeholder. The only requirement is that your custom treasure table include a minimum and maximum CR listed numerically in the name of your table, and that the table be placed in the "Random Treasure Generator Extension" table group. For example, the table can be named "Joe's custom table for CR 3 through CR 9". At a minimum, the table name should include just two numbers (One table can include just a single number covering all creatures with a CR greater or equal to the number.) The treasure tables can call on other tables as normal, and can include multiple columns. The custom treasure tables should cover all ranges of CR starting from 0 (fractional CR are not currently supported, defaulting to CR 0). The treasure tables should not overlap. The extension will attempt to detect an incomplete set of tables, and use the DMG tables instead. If it fails to detect incomplete or incorrect tables, the extension may explode.

Versions
Current Version: 0.6.02 - Added option to set generated parcel as "GM Only" or to follow the default set in the "Chat: Show DM Rolls" option.
Previous Versions
0.6.01 - Added check for Host vs. Client
0.6 - First release. Tested with FG 3.3.5

Link to post containing custom treasure table examples:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?44001-5E-Random-Treasure-Generator&p=393281&viewfull=1#post393281

Images

Zacchaeus
May 27th, 2018, 09:04
Nice work.

SailorLovins
May 27th, 2018, 17:40
Well done! Very clever. Ill be incorperating this in all of my campaigns. I love that it accounts for previously crested tables. Awesome.

Szabtom
May 27th, 2018, 22:36
Wow, I have to try this in my game. Thank you for sharing your work!

Eskazen
June 10th, 2018, 16:22
It's very nice extension all tho i have error poping up from player side.

Script Error: [string "scripts/gen_treas.lua"]:37: createChild: Unable to create parent node

Any idea how to sort it out ?

Olog
June 10th, 2018, 18:49
Hadn't tested with a player connected before. The extension doesn't really make sense for a player. I'll add some check to disable the tools if the client is not GM.

Olog
June 11th, 2018, 00:55
Here are some sample random treasure tables for use with the extension. They ultimately call back to the DMG tables, but adds more variety than just coins for individual treasures.

Load this mod, copy the tables into your own campaign, then you can unload the mod.

Olog

arkanis
June 19th, 2018, 14:07
When I use this extension a public parcel is generated and shown to every player. Is there a way to make the parcel private by default?

Thanks in advance

Zacchaeus
June 19th, 2018, 16:20
When I use this extension a public parcel is generated and shown to every player. Is there a way to make the parcel private by default?

Treasure parcels are not shared by default, so if they are in your game then there is an issue with your campaign. Before any players join your game type /flushdb into chat and then press return. Let us know if this fixes the issue.

Olog
June 19th, 2018, 20:09
At the moment it's tied in to the option "Chat: Show GM Rolls". If "Off" the parcel is DM only, otherwise it's public. I will see about setting an option.

arkanis
June 19th, 2018, 22:23
Thank you both for your responses, in the meantime I'll deactivate/activate GM rolls when I'm about to generate a parcel.

Olog
June 20th, 2018, 20:53
I've added the option to set the generated parcel as "GM Only" or "default". You can find the option in the main FG options window.
default - Parcel visibility will be set according to the "Chat: Show GM Rolls" option.
GM Only - Parcels will always be GM only regardless of "Chat: Show GM Rolls" option.

arkanis
June 21st, 2018, 09:41
You are my Hero, thank you Sir for this quality of life improvement.

Salva
August 18th, 2018, 19:13
Hi, thank you for the extension.
I cant get it to work. The result from clicking on the "Generate Random Treasure Parcel" on the encounter tab always result on the same table "Individual Treasure: Challenge 00-04" despite of the level of the encounter and the i got always 1 on the dice result:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gsmqrg5osyn72p8/treasure%20gen.avi?dl=0
Thanks

Zacchaeus
August 18th, 2018, 20:58
FG won't understand your second line on your table. Remove the quotes since that will basically stop the table from going further than line 1.

Salva
August 18th, 2018, 23:06
Done but no luck :(
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o5j6cvok8rufq3d/treasure1.avi?dl=0

Olog
August 19th, 2018, 20:18
The extension will attempt to check that you have a complete set of tables. If it fails the check, it will use the default tables. In your case, there are no tables for CR >9. You can change the table name of the last table to "CR 5+" or create new tables for higher CR's. (Naming the last/highest table with a single number 'x' will cover all CR's 'x' or higher. An equivalent name for the purposes of the extension would be "CR x-99"

Darqualan
October 9th, 2018, 04:18
I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong here or not, but when I tried to test this, all that's getting put into the parcel is coins, its not doing gems, art or items

Rino
December 4th, 2018, 20:26
Here are some sample random treasure tables for use with the extension. They ultimately call back to the DMG tables, but adds more variety than just coins for individual treasures.

Load this mod, copy the tables into your own campaign, then you can unload the mod.

Olog

I tried with this, and also tried to copy them to my campaign (and the unload it).

Result: If I roll from the Tables (i.e. 'CR 11-16', etc), it works (just need to specify 'parcel' output).

However, if I roll from an ecounter using the button 'Generate Random Treasure Parcel', the first die is allways 'd1' - which basically only produces '1' as result.

I get same result as the video from the dropbox above here too.

So it looks like that button has some bugs.

Rino
December 4th, 2018, 20:42
Got it to work.... :)

I dragged the example tables ('CR 11-16', etc) to the group 'Random Treasure Generator Extension'. It then works from Encounters

Forecaster
December 5th, 2018, 10:56
Is there a way to have it add a number of something that isn't coin?

I have tables of gems and have linked them in a treasure table, but it only ever adds one of them. I'd like for it to add a random amount like with coins.

For example: [4d6] [Gems 10gp] should add between 4 and 12 10gp gems, but the amount is always 1.

Is it possible to allow it to do this or is this a FG limitation? Or am I doing it wrong?

Forecaster
December 5th, 2018, 10:59
I tried with this, and also tried to copy them to my campaign (and the unload it).

Result: If I roll from the Tables (i.e. 'CR 11-16', etc), it works (just need to specify 'parcel' output).

However, if I roll from an ecounter using the button 'Generate Random Treasure Parcel', the first die is allways 'd1' - which basically only produces '1' as result.

I get same result as the video from the dropbox above here too.

So it looks like that button has some bugs.

That is the internal table the extension generates, I believe it only has the one line, the ones following that are the actual results from your tables. It seems to work correctly

Rino
December 5th, 2018, 12:15
Is there a way to have it add a number of something that isn't coin?

I have tables of gems and have linked them in a treasure table, but it only ever adds one of them. I'd like for it to add a random amount like with coins.

For example: [4d6] [Gems 10gp] should add between 4 and 12 10gp gems, but the amount is always 1.

Is it possible to allow it to do this or is this a FG limitation? Or am I doing it wrong?

It was difficult to understand (even though it's mentioned in first post), but the key to get it to work is by putting ALL random treasure tables into the GROUP "Random Treasure Generator Extension". If you do that, then it will work. You can modify your tables within that group to a great extent. See other example .mod which developer has posted in this thread. If you use that one, make sure you copy those tables into the correct group (they don't come in the correct group by just using the .mod).

In there you can modify or create new tables (for example what you wrote).

EDIT: GROUP "Random Treasure Generator Extension" = within "Tables"

Forecaster
December 5th, 2018, 12:35
It was difficult to understand (even though it's mentioned in first post), but the key to get it to work is by putting ALL random treasure tables into the GROUP "Random Treasure Generator Extension". If you do that, then it will work. You can modify your tables within that group to a great extent. See other example .mod which developer has posted in this thread. If you use that one, make sure you copy those tables into the correct group (they don't come in the correct group by just using the .mod).

In there you can modify or create new tables (for example what you wrote).

EDIT: GROUP "Random Treasure Generator Extension" = within "Tables"

Those use the DMG module which I do not have.

More to the point though, the syntax [4x][Gems 10gp] works fine. There's no issue with my setup as far as I can tell.

The issue is that the [1d6] syntax only seems to work for coin, for anything else it appears to always produce 1.

It'd be great if I could randomize the number of gems slightly or similar.

Forecaster
December 5th, 2018, 13:14
I figured it out. You have to do it like this [2d6x] for it to work with non-coin entries.

So 2d6 is seemingly replaced by the rolled number and it becomes for example [12x] which is then parsed correctly.

Texorcist50
April 16th, 2019, 00:09
Where do I get the Extension?

LordEntrails
April 16th, 2019, 00:56
Where do I get the Extension?
Bottom of the first post. If you don't see the link, then make sure that you are viewing the full site and not the mobile site, and that you have the "FG Responsive" theme set in the bottom left corner of the page.

Bethor
October 6th, 2019, 17:18
Hello everyone!

Nice extension. I've tried it out and it's a really nice addition. But what worries me is, that it's generating items based on the number of NPC's within an encounter.
If there's an encounter with 1 semi-boss and let's say 20 rats, that would be 21 npc's. The parcel generator generates therefor a lot of treasure for just rats.

Of course it's possible to manually adjust the items within the parcel after creating it but I could make my own parcels then.

Is there a way to set the #'s rolled to a maximum value like the CR or something like that? So with the example with the 1 semi-boss and 20 rats that might be a CR of 1 or 2, so the parcel only adds 2 items from that table instead of 21 (even though it's not taking 21 as granted).

I hope that was somewhat clear if not, just ask for clarification :)

Thanks in advance!

Best regards

blckassn
December 8th, 2019, 21:47
It's been a while since i've used this extension so I may be doing something wrong. I did a couple of test rolls and everything i rolled came from the individual treasure tables. Is there no way to use the treasure horde instead of the individual treasure tables in the DMG?

RazRaven
January 1st, 2020, 19:11
The generator won't roll a second table like rolling from the actual table will. Is there a way to do that?31076

Zacchaeus
January 1st, 2020, 21:13
The generator won't roll a second table like rolling from the actual table will. Is there a way to do that?

It should do; make sure everything is linked properly. It might be the extension that is causing the issue of course. I haven't tested with it. But you can roll on another table as you can see.

vaughnlannister
April 4th, 2020, 18:14
In FGU, even though, I removed that sample table it keeps generating a new table by default each time I log in.
The random treasure generator also doesn't use the tables that I put in after deleting the sample table.
At log in there is an empty table that I have to click away.
I have a DMG.

Really cool extension, but unfortunately it doesn't like FGU 4.0.0 that much :(

SirMotte
April 19th, 2020, 23:39
If this ever gets updated for FGU, it would be highly appreciated. Must have extension that makes life oh so much easier.

Current Extension behavior in FGU 4.0.0:

The Table Group "Random Treasure Generator Extension" is created, but ignored no matter what tables inside are called (eg. CR 1-2, Challenge 02 - 03 aso.)

The Extension then successfully falls back to the DMG Loot Table for the corresponding CR, but only rolls for gold, dice result don't factor in.
Seems like the temporarily created loot-table has problems parsing the correct information.

Currently this extension does not work and the author was last active in December 2018. Chances are slim that this will get an update anytime soon.

Cheers
SirMotte

Milmoor
May 24th, 2020, 08:56
I can generate treasure, but keep having to delete the table to default to the DMG. The table gets recreated every time I restart FG. I delete Tables/Random/Treasure Generator Extension/Sample Random Treasure Table CR 0-99. I'm overlooking something, but what?

mgummelt
June 4th, 2020, 20:57
I was having the same issue with this extension only using the DMG tables in FGU.

So I looked at the gen_treas.lua and it seems to me that the importTreasureTables() function isn't properly finding the "Random Treasure Generator Extension" table category. So it creates it and adds the sample table.

It also fails to then find any tables in that category and thus won't use any other tables you've made. I'm using VeX's tables here:
https://www.dmsguild.com/product/269075/VeXs-Random-Treasure-Tables-Fantasy-Grounds

I'm looking at trying to fix this script to properly locate that table category and read in the tables that are there, I'll update if I manage to fix that.

But, in the meantime, I've found a quick fix: just edit the defaultTiers map of tables at the top of the importTreasureTables() function to default to the tables you want to use. I did this for VeX's tables like so:

function importTreasureTables()
local defaultTiers=
{{0,4, "CR 0-4"},
{5,10, "CR 5-10"},
{11,16, "CR 11-16"},
{17,99, "CR 17+"}};

And now the generator grabs from those tables and properly puts the resulting items (and coins) in a parcel.

SirMotte
June 4th, 2020, 21:40
I was having the same issue with this extension only using the DMG tables in FGU.

So I looked at the gen_treas.lua and it seems to me that the importTreasureTables() function isn't properly finding the "Random Treasure Generator Extension" table category. So it creates it and adds the sample table.

It also fails to then find any tables in that category and thus won't use any other tables you've made. I'm using VeX's tables here:
https://www.dmsguild.com/product/269075/VeXs-Random-Treasure-Tables-Fantasy-Grounds

I'm looking at trying to fix this script to properly locate that table category and read in the tables that are there, I'll update if I manage to fix that.

But, in the meantime, I've found a quick fix: just edit the defaultTiers map of tables at the top of the importTreasureTables() function to default to the tables you want to use. I did this for VeX's tables like so:

And now the generator grabs from those tables and properly puts the resulting items (and coins) in a parcel.

This is really helpful! Thank you very much!

mgummelt
June 4th, 2020, 22:03
So I did fix Olog's Random Treasure Generator in FGU with some lua edits and copying the VeX tables again inside the RTGE category. It works now, but it's kind of a weird fix.

I had to edit the .lua to treat the category return as a string, and I put in some debug prints to make sure it was working. It does find the category. But it wasn't finding the tables.

So then I had to make copies of the original four CR tables, right inside the category they were already in ("Random Treasure Generator Extension") and then it was able to find the tables.

A two-step fix, but it worked. I'm not entirely comfortable with it because I had to do more than just edit the lua. But even when I reverted to the original .lua with my copied tables, it didn't work. So I guess there are two issues here.

EDIT: also got this to work with VeX's tables, by copying them into the RTGE table category.

SirMotte
June 4th, 2020, 22:12
So I did fix Olog's Random Treasure Generator in FGU with some lua edits and copying the VeX tables again inside the RTGE category. It works now, but it's kind of a weird fix.

I had to edit the .lua to treat the category return as a string, and I put in some debug prints to make sure it was working. It does find the category. But it wasn't finding the tables.

So then I had to make copies of the original four CR tables, right inside the category they were already in ("Random Treasure Generator Extension") and then it was able to find the tables.

A two-step fix, but it worked. I'm not entirely comfortable with it because I had to do more than just edit the lua. But even when I reverted to the original .lua with my copied tables, it didn't work. So I guess there are two issues here.

EDIT: also got this to work with VeX's tables, by copying them into the RTGE table category.

Will you make your changes available? This extension is a big time saver after all :).

mgummelt
June 4th, 2020, 22:50
OOps, deleting this to use a proper attachment

mgummelt
June 4th, 2020, 22:52
Sure, try it out, see if it works for you, too.

SirMotte
June 4th, 2020, 23:21

Will do so tomorrow, going to bed now. Thanks a lot for sharing!

mgummelt
June 4th, 2020, 23:36
Cool, if you need help getting it working, let me know. We can meet up in the FG discord channel and work it out.

SirMotte
June 5th, 2020, 08:12
Cool, if you need help getting it working, let me know. We can meet up in the FG discord channel and work it out.

Everything is working fine now, thank you so much!

mgummelt
June 5th, 2020, 08:44
Awesome, glad I could help!

momochakli
July 12th, 2020, 04:22
Just wanted to say thanks for making the FGU updated version! You superstar!

ranole
July 14th, 2020, 10:32
I dont know if I broke it but it will roll random parcels in on campaign (my test campaign) but wont roll in my main campaign. I have the same extensions and mods loaded in each one and I have tried it on the same encounter from Icespire orc encounter. It rolls for coins and treasure in the test one but does not roll at all and just puts coins, without a roll, for my main campaign.

Nevermind. I figured it out as I forgot to copy the tables.

mattekure
July 20th, 2020, 17:05

I'm using your FGU compatible version of the Random Treasure generator and when I roll, I get a script execution error after it finishes rolling and creating the parcel. The error is:

Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_table.lua"]: 64: attempt to index field 'nodeTable' (a nil value)

EDIT* Just me being stupid and forgetting to load one of the modules the tables roll on.

FeatherRin
July 24th, 2020, 10:07
Here's all currently relevant info (check date of post):

In FGU currently the custom parcels dont work unless you set them manually in the default config.
You will also have to bypass (or delete) the error check, otherwise it will generate a new basic template at each startup.

If you use VeX's Random Treasure Generator:

local defaultTiers=
{{0,1, "Challenge Ratings 00 Through 01"},
{2,2, "Challenge Ratings 02 Through 02"},
{3,3, "Challenge Ratings 03 Through 03"},
{4,4, "Challenge Ratings 04 Through 04"},
{5,5, "Challenge Ratings 05 Through 05"},
{6,6, "Challenge Ratings 06 Through 06"},
{7,7, "Challenge Ratings 07 Through 07"},
{8,8, "Challenge Ratings 08 Through 08"},
{9,9, "Challenge Ratings 09 Through 09"},
{10,10, "Challenge Ratings 10 Through 10"},
{11,11, "Challenge Ratings 11 Through 11"},
{12,12, "Challenge Ratings 12 Through 12"},
{13,13, "Challenge Ratings 13 Through 13"},
{14,14, "Challenge Ratings 14 Through 14"},
{15,15, "Challenge Ratings 15 Through 15"},
{16,16, "Challenge Ratings 16 Through 16"},
{17,99, "Challenge Ratings 17 Through 99"}};

If you have
Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_table.lua"]: 64: attempt to index field 'nodeTable' (a nil value)

You are missing one of the required modules.

VeX's table requires:
*D&D 5th Edition Dungeon Master's Guide
*VeX's Trinket Horde
*VeX's Random Treasure Tables

Here's mine modification if ur lazy.

Milmoor
September 19th, 2020, 17:06
I can generate treasure, but keep having to delete the table to default to the DMG. The table gets recreated every time I restart FG. I delete Tables/Random/Treasure Generator Extension/Sample Random Treasure Table CR 0-99. I'm overlooking something, but what?
Anyone who solved this?

FeatherRin
September 19th, 2020, 18:44
Anyone who solved this?

Default table is broken (see my comment above)
You have to change the default table (and bypass the creation process) to your preferred table in the mod to avoid this.

Milmoor
September 20th, 2020, 12:20
Default table is broken (see my comment above)
You have to change the default table (and bypass the creation process) to your preferred table in the mod to avoid this.

Thanks. I was still using the DMG variant. That one is used when you delete the table. Will take a look at the VeX version.

Granamere
September 28th, 2020, 20:27

In FGU currently the custom parcels dont work unless you set them manually in the default config.
You will also have to bypass (or delete) the error check, otherwise it will generate a new basic template at each startup.

local defaultTiers=

If you have

VeX's table requires:
*VeX's Trinket Horde

Here's mine modification if ur lazy.

Thank you for the fix. I will test it out later tonight.

arcanjl
October 5th, 2020, 17:08
Good day!
I am not sure if you are aware of Mad Nomad’s new extension “Mad Nomad's 3rd Party Updater”
(https://www.dmsguild.com/product/327667/Mad-Nomads-3rd-Party-Updater)

Anyhoo, in order for your awesome extension to work with it, it has 2 requirements.
1) The extension version has to show up in the extension’s Tooltips
2) The version numbering can only go one decimal deep. (1.4 is ok, 1.4.1 is not)
Thank you so much for your consideration in assisting in this awesome add-on!
Gabe

Coveny
October 19th, 2020, 05:51
I downloaded Unity and it broke this for me in FGC. I use Olog's random treasure gen every week and doing treasure just got dramatically more tedious. I tried mgummelt files but those don't seem to be working for me either. Does anyone have a fix for this?

Granamere
October 19th, 2020, 13:52
Always the challenge when someone makes a free thing then moves on. So not sure why this is happening but if you Use the ext from page 1 in unity and build the tables then exit out of unity. Then replace it with the ext from page 5 it seems to work as long as the CR of the encounter is set.

This means currently each time you start a new campaign you would need to go through these extra steps until some nice person comes and can figure out what is wrong in the script. I might try looking at it but I am very much a novice when it comes to ext in FG.

Coveny
October 19th, 2020, 14:27
if you Use the ext from page 1 in unity and build the tables then exit out of unity. Then copy in the ext from page 5 it seems to work as long as the CR of the encounter is set.

I was using the ext from page 1 for months without a problem in FGC, then downloaded Unity and it quit working. I have tried having both ext installed individually and together and neither works for me. It pops up the default 0-99 one every time and uses the DMG for the loot roles rather than my custom tables.

Granamere
October 19th, 2020, 15:26
If you follow my directions then that problem should be resolved in Unity. It was for me.

Coveny
October 20th, 2020, 00:37
If you follow my directions then that problem should be resolved in Unity. It was for me.

I'm not trying to fix the problem in unity, I'm trying to fix the problem it classic, and it's not working. Every time I load my campaign it recreates the 0-99 chart and then defaults to the DMG.

Granamere
October 20th, 2020, 01:24
Unity and Classic are running in different directories on your computer right?

Coveny
October 20th, 2020, 02:14
I fixed it by adding CR 23-99 in, which I wasn't using before. I put the new ext files in C:\Users\mark_\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\extensions but they don't seem to matter because when I changed the ext on them to .bck it still worked. It's strange that it was working before, and quit working with the patch, but I'm just glad it's working again. Thanks for the help!

Coveny
November 16th, 2020, 04:52

Now I'm trying to get it working in Unity and can't. I don't use Vex's mod, I just want to use Olog's mod directly. Is there a fix for that?

Eroc999
November 16th, 2020, 08:20
Not sure if this thread is still active, but I'm trying to use the treasure-tables.mod in FGU v4.0.1 and I can't seem to get the "Generate Random Treasure Parcel" button to create anything other coins? And how exactly does it roll? I have setup a CR18 encounter consisting of Hobgoblins and Frost giants. Would it be rolling the same table (CR17+) for each of those monsters??

Granamere
November 16th, 2020, 12:38
Coveny let me test it today and see. I have not use it in Unity since Unity released.

Eroc999 Welcome! So by default it only has one small table it uses to generate a few coins and that is it. You will need to make tables for what you want it to roll for. I will try a post some more detailed instructions after I get some time to test.

Granamere
November 16th, 2020, 14:15
Looks like it is working like I stated before. You need to use the original one then put in the modified one. I am adding mine in but you need to thank FeatherRin. They provided the code.41175

Eroc999
You need to build tables that are like Challenge Ratings 00 Through 01. You will need to put them in the Random Treasure Generator Extension group. You will also need to remove the Sample on that is there.

Coveny
November 16th, 2020, 16:04
Looks like it is working like I stated before. You need to use the original one then put in the modified one..

I did some testing with this. I put in Olog's version of the extension and then put in your version of the extension. Neither works. I still roll from the DMG regardless. Does it make a difference that my tables are from a module (attached) in unity rather than directly from the campaign maybe?

I do notice that in classic I get a module named "Olog's Random Treasure Table" but I don't see that in unity. I don't USE it in classic though maybe it makes a difference. Also for me in unity it always makes a new sample table every time I load the campaign. (even if there is a sample table there already) 41179

Granamere
November 16th, 2020, 16:26
Coveny since you are getting the table in Unity that tells me you are using the original ext. Now Close Unity completely. Put in the ext from my earlier post and it should stop making the sample each time. You will need to make tables called
Challenge Ratings 00 Through 01
Challenge Ratings 02 Through 02
Challenge Ratings 03 Through 03
etc

They have to be named that and they have to be put in
Random Treasure Generator Extension group for this to work. You might want to start by modifying the sample that comes with it. Make a

Challenge Ratings 00 Through 04 that gives silver
Challenge Ratings 05 Through 99 that gives gold and a few items

Then change the amount of creatures so you get it to roll multiple times. If you do not have it calculate the cr you just put assign it. This will roll for each of the creatures in the encounter. then you can just change the cr higher and it should roll on that part of the table. I hope that makes sense.

Coveny
November 16th, 2020, 16:35
You will need to make tables called
Challenge Ratings 00 Through 01
Challenge Ratings 02 Through 02
Challenge Ratings 03 Through 03
etc

So your changes require the table names to be named exactly like that, and combine CR 0 with CR 1 then individual tables for the rest of the CRs all the way to 99?

My table is named as such:
CR 0-0
CR 1-1
CR 23-99

It works in Classic with those names, so I assume you've hardcoded to those names in the new version of the extension?

Granamere
November 16th, 2020, 22:09
FeatherRin is the one that fixed this. I am not sure what the exact options are for the table names. I just know when I use the ones I listed it works.

Coveny
November 16th, 2020, 22:13

local defaultTiers=

If you have

VeX's table requires:
*VeX's Trinket Horde

Would it be possible for you to provide me a fix if I do not have Vex's tables and just use Olog's by itself? My table names are different and from the above module as well if that matters please let me know.

Granamere
November 17th, 2020, 01:49
OK here you go. Please realize that this has zero support. :) The new list is

{{0,0, "CR 0-0"},
{1,1, "CR 1-1"},
{2,2, "CR 2-2"},
{3,3, "CR 3-3"},
{4,4, "CR 4-4"},
{5,5, "CR 5-5"},
{6,6, "CR 6-6"},
{7,7, "CR 7-7"},
{8,8, "CR 8-8"},
{9,9, "CR 9-9"},
{10,10, "CR 10-10"},
{11,11, "CR 11-11"},
{12,12, "CR 12-12"},
{13,13, "CR 13-13"},
{14,14, "CR 14-14"},
{15,15, "CR 15-15"},
{16,16, "CR 16-16"},
{17,99, "CR 17-99"}};

If at some point you need to update the list you just need to rename the ext to zip then extract out the files.
scripts\gen_treas.lua is the file you will need to update. I have also renamed the ext so no one else gets it in confusion so you will need to move the original to another directory or just do not enable it.

Sorry typo here it is fixed.41211

Coveny
November 17th, 2020, 18:19
Thank you sir that WORK!!!

Milmoor
November 30th, 2020, 20:03
Thanks. I was still using the DMG variant. That one is used when you delete the table. Will take a look at the VeX version.

Got this one working on FGC after looking at the video. Quite simple, if you are in the know, otherwise it will vex you ;).

B4TCHIE
December 5th, 2020, 17:16
I need this!

emoska
December 30th, 2020, 07:08
I’m having the same troubles as some others here - having switched from Ologs to Vexs treasure generator and only producing coins.

I’ve checked the required modules and the tables with correct labeling, but still only generating coins. Any ideas?

Granamere
December 30th, 2020, 15:03
Here try using this EXT. It should work with your naming of the tables.42368 BTW I do the same thing when I copy the tables over. :)

FYI to change the tables names you need to rename the ext to zip. Then extract it. Go into the scripts directory and edit the file gen_treas.lua. If you start with the extension I have linked here you will need to go to line 48 and modify the lines so they fit your table names. Here is how the script currently looks for those lines.

{{0,1, "Challenge Ratings 00 Through 01 (Copy)"},
{2,2, "Challenge Ratings 02 Through 02 (Copy)"},
{3,3, "Challenge Ratings 03 Through 03 (Copy)"},
{4,4, "Challenge Ratings 04 Through 04 (Copy)"},
{5,5, "Challenge Ratings 05 Through 05 (Copy)"},
{6,6, "Challenge Ratings 06 Through 06 (Copy)"},
{7,7, "Challenge Ratings 07 Through 07 (Copy)"},
{8,8, "Challenge Ratings 08 Through 08 (Copy)"},
{9,9, "Challenge Ratings 09 Through 09 (Copy)"},
{10,10, "Challenge Ratings 10 Through 10 (Copy)"},
{11,11, "Challenge Ratings 11 Through 11 (Copy)"},
{12,12, "Challenge Ratings 12 Through 12 (Copy)"},
{13,13, "Challenge Ratings 13 Through 13 (Copy)"},
{14,14, "Challenge Ratings 14 Through 14 (Copy)"},
{15,15, "Challenge Ratings 15 Through 15 (Copy)"},
{16,16, "Challenge Ratings 16 Through 16 (Copy)"},
{17,99, "Challenge Ratings 17 Through 99 (Copy)"}};

Once you have the tables the same as your tables then zip the new files up and rename the zip to ext. Then put it back in your extensions folder. LAst but not least test it out. :)

Make sure you zip it all up at the same directory level as it expanded to. Also make sure you back up the original or keep this link so you can download it again. :)

emoska
December 30th, 2020, 21:15
Thank. You. So. Much!

That absolutely did the trick.

I've seen people talk about editing the scripts but since I'm not very familiar with coding, I hoped that one of the other solutions would work. But it was very easy to follow with your instruments.

Thanks again :)

Naurthoron
February 18th, 2021, 09:46
Broken with latest update.
console.lo Error :

Random Treasure Extension file multiplication bypassed.
Default Loaded. You can change it here: .ext/scripts/gen_treas.lua --> local defaultTiers
s''

SirMotte
February 18th, 2021, 14:14
As this is likely not getting any updates, I would like to point out Random Treasure Dops by Troy Monteith (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/327354/Fantasy-Grounds-NPC-Random-Treasure-Drops) on DMs Guild. Yes, it does cost some cash, but it's far superior to this extension and reliably updated. (I'm not affiliated in any way).
In combination with Map Parcels by Bill Perry and Grim Press (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/329296/Map-Parcel-Extension-Fantasy-Grounds-Unity), this becomes unbeatable, trust me on this one :). (Also not affiliated in any way)

Cheers

Granamere
February 18th, 2021, 21:54
Broken with latest update.
console.lo Error :

Naurthoron Are you using Claasic or Unity? Do you have the FeatherRin update or are you using the one off of the first post?

I just tested with the current version of Unity and it is working for me with FeatherRin's update.

Naurthoron
February 18th, 2021, 22:04
Naurthoron Are you using Claasic or Unity? Do you have the SlientRuin update or are you using the one off of the first post?

Unity.
I am using this extension from Olog, hence posting here in case it would still be supported and not in the paid creations.

Granamere
February 18th, 2021, 22:15
Naurthoron understood. On page 5 of this thread FeatherRin posted a fix for the original ext. If you get it or my repost with tweaks of it that version should work for you. My last repost of it was on page 8 the fifth from the top.

Naurthoron
February 18th, 2021, 22:23
Naurthoron understood. On page 5 of this thread FeatherRin posted a fix for the original ext. If you get it or my repost with tweaks of it that version should work for you. My last repost of it was on page 8 the fifth from the top.

Thank you, I was pretty sure running the one from post #70, but re downloading it and trying again after the second patch I am not sure why but in the end it works!
I must have messed with versions when trying extensions due to the latest patch.
Thanks for the help.

arkanis
May 8th, 2021, 03:25
As this is likely not getting any updates, I would like to point out Random Treasure Dops by Troy Monteith and Rob Twohy (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/327354/Fantasy-Grounds-NPC-Random-Treasure-Drops) on DMs Guild. Yes, it does cost some cash, but it's far superior to this extension and reliably updated. (I'm not affiliated in any way).
In combination with Map Parcels by Bill Perry and Grim Press (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/329296/Map-Parcel-Extension-Fantasy-Grounds-Unity), this becomes unbeatable, trust me on this one :). (Also not affiliated in any way)

Cheers
Superior in functionality, yes, but also extremely confusing and cumbersome
I’ve read the instructions multiple times before finally giving up and rolling back to this extension that just requires a handful of hours to be properly set-up
Just my 2 cents

SirMotte
May 8th, 2021, 06:47
I’ve read the instructions multiple times before finally giving up and rolling back to this extension that just requires a handful of hours to be properly set-up
Just my 2 cents

I'm not sure what you mean.
It takes one click to make any table roll for loot. And it takes 3 clicks to make any condition for that table work, eg challenge rating.

Hours to set up? Minutes!

arkanis
May 8th, 2021, 10:23
I'm not sure what you mean.
It takes one click to make any table roll for loot. And it takes 3 clicks to make any condition for that table work, eg challenge rating.

Hours to set up? Minutes!

Not in my experience, and I said hours counting “writing” the treasure tables from scratch.
If not it’s just renaming tables

Milmoor
May 8th, 2021, 12:27
What tables where you using with this extension? Because you should be able to recycle them.

pr6i6e6st
May 8th, 2021, 17:46
Just my 2 cents

Hi! Creator of the NPC Random Treasure Drops extension here. Curious if this point of view comes from a place before table conditions were established? There’s much less need for duplicate tables now. Conditions that look for text can use “/“ as an “or”(so you could have a condition for Name contains knight/goblin” and the table will roll for a Goblin or knight npc).

Setting up table conditions is incredibly easy and fast and only needs to be done once. I generally only have the individual treasure tables, mundane loot, and spell components tables.

Using the random spellbook generator in tandum can provide you spellbooks of wizard caster npcs as well now

And the new harvesting rules allows you to turn parcels (say like those from monster loot) into “harvesting parcels” which can be pulled from an npc sheet, and either use a random treasure parcel to generate a parcel, or by using Map Parcels, will populate the map with disposable parcels.

If you have any concerns or questions you can always join me in discord and either I or others would be happy to help get you going. Perhaps with some experienced users advice, you might see how much stone can be saved with NPC Random Treasure Drops.

Take care for now (disappears again)

arkanis
May 8th, 2021, 19:28
I gave up because multiple nuisances, the mortal offense perhaps being that it was annoying to include the dozens of humanoids subtypes one by one to filter every other type out.

pr6i6e6st
May 8th, 2021, 19:33
I gave up because multiple nuisances, the mortal offense perhaps being that it was annoying to include the dozens of humanoids subtypes one by one to filter every other type out.

One doesn’t need to consider the subtypes unless your campaign has things specific to those subtypes. You could just have “type contains humanoid” for example, rather than a table for orc, goblinoid, elf and such

Edit, so one table could have the condition “type contains goblin/orc/kenku” and it will roll for any of those subtypes if you wanted too.

arkanis
May 8th, 2021, 19:47
Couldn’t make it work unless included every single humanoid alive in the version I tried. Shelved it and never tried it again, might do again to test if there has been any improvement since then.

pr6i6e6st
May 8th, 2021, 19:55
Couldn’t make it work unless included every single humanoid alive in the version I tried. Shelved it and never tried it again, might do again to test if there has been any improvement since then.

That’s unfortunate. I would recommend trying it again as I’ve improved it a lot since it’s release. It sounds like you were using “type matches npctypehere” when it sounds like you wanted to use “type contains npctypehere” as “contains” and “match” are a little different

SirMotte
May 9th, 2021, 11:42

Please don't take this the wrong way, but what you describe is clearly an user error on your part. A simple statement like "type" + "contains" + "humanoid" is sufficient for what you want to do here.

If you like I can send you a video explaining things.

Edit: oh I overlooked pr6i6e6sts answer.

arkanis
May 9th, 2021, 18:41
Please don't take this the wrong way, but what you describe is clearly an user error on your part. A simple statement like "type" + "contains" + "humanoid" is sufficient for what you want to do here.

If you like I can send you a video explaining things.

Edit: oh I overlooked pr6i6e6sts answer.

No offense taken. Back then I found it difficult to debug what was i doing wrong, but now, after pr6i6e6st recomendation I've fired up the extension again and I see there's a verbose option that will help me greatly to identify my mistakes when setting up conditions.

Wulfgangrpg
May 26th, 2022, 00:03
Hi has this been updated to work with the version 4.2.1 Fantasy grounds unity?

Guiche007
July 27th, 2022, 14:45
Hi MGUMMELT,

For me it's not working. I try to reinstall everything after removing all module and extension. Nothings working always saying: Unable to find matching table

discgolferusa
August 13th, 2022, 02:28
Hi MGUMMELT,

For me it's not working. I try to reinstall everything after removing all module and extension. Nothings working always saying: Unable to find matching table

I started trying to tear this apart to look into it since it isn't that complex of a script, but I am hitting a bit of a snag (I know next to nothing about how FG data is laid out). When the code tries to get a list of available tables to determine which ones it can use for CR treasure tables, it's only pulling down a subset of tables that are user generated. Not tables created from modules like the DMG. So it can't find any tables that it should. I also noticed that it's wanting to use the Individual Treasure tables by default from the DMG and I think it should probably be using the Treasure Hoard tables to more accurately reflect found treasure for an encounter.

This odd behavior of not finding the tables also explains why it constantly recreates the sample table over and over again because it can't find the category it creates to see that it's already done it before. So if someone can point me to what the tables node is ( currently code uses DB.findNode("tables");) then I should be able to fix this extension to a usable state for everyone since it looks like it's been abandoned.

discgolferusa
August 13th, 2022, 02:52
Ok, So i just up and bypassed that part. Told it to just always reference the DMG tables. So the next thing this script seems to do is take what tables it should roll against and compile a temporary table from them and roll against that temporary table (not 100 % sure why). THAT is what's giving the Unable to find matching table error. It acts like it is creating a new table node for the script to roll against and when it actually tries to do that it can't find the table (Again might be partly systemic to the issue of where the getnode for tables isn't returning everything I'd expect it to be returning? Again, just speculation).

If anyone has some earth shattering revelation from any of this please share or fix the extension (trust me I won't be heart broken, I program all day long, doing it in my spare time isn't always high on my list). Otherwise, I'm going to see if I can just make a stripped down version of this thing to streamline it to just a random treasure generator for the DMG tables and that's it.

That's at least something better than the non-working thing we have now.

FedeBerserk
November 18th, 2022, 03:03
This would need updating. Its not working anymore

Zanderflex
January 25th, 2023, 08:34
I have Vex's Trinkets, Vex's Treasures, and DMG loaded. The Vex's tables are loaded into Random Treasure Generator Extension category. Anytime I attempt to Generate the system rolls a d1 and says [Table] "INSERT TABLE NAME HERE" = [Unable to find matching table]. I have no experience coding so I am not sure how to access the lua and change the previously mentioned defaulttiers. Am quite excited to get this system up and running!

FedeBerserk
January 25th, 2023, 13:56
I have Vex's Trinkets, Vex's Treasures, and DMG loaded. The Vex's tables are loaded into Random Treasure Generator Extension category. Anytime I attempt to Generate the system rolls a d1 and says [Table] "INSERT TABLE NAME HERE" = [Unable to find matching table]. I have no experience coding so I am not sure how to access the lua and change the previously mentioned defaulttiers. Am quite excited to get this system up and running!

sadly one of the tables needs updating and the creator hasn't come back yet. You can still use, and even modify, the Loot Tables manually if you want to replace or include new items but have to manually roll for each enemy looted based on their CR