PDA

View Full Version : Age of Worms

Paradisio
May 8th, 2006, 22:41
Me and a couple of my friends are going to be playing through the age of worms AP soon. The game will start at level 1, I'm wondering if anyone would be interested? I would probably be hosting the game on Saturdays, probably weekly, but it depends on how much gets done per session.

Paradisio
May 23rd, 2006, 05:49
Anyone interested?

Wavestone
May 23rd, 2006, 10:15
It would help if you posted the time zone you are in - there are people from all over the world here.. Time Zone is really important - I've seen many interesting games that are right out due to the time difference.

I might be interested if you're in Europe..

Good luck with finding players! :)

Oberoten
May 23rd, 2006, 13:10
It would help if you posted the time zone you are in - there are people from all over the world here.. Time Zone is really important - I've seen many interesting games that are right out due to the time difference.

I might be interested if you're in Europe..

Good luck with finding players! :)

'Nother Swede, eh? What systems are you interested in?

Jozie
May 23rd, 2006, 16:23
Interested, but depends on time and day.

eldrewden
May 23rd, 2006, 19:36
Interested, just need the details.

Paradisio
May 23rd, 2006, 21:31
I'm in CST, I'm unsure when I'm going to run it right now.

Wavestone
May 24th, 2006, 11:39
'Nother Swede, eh? What systems are you interested in?

Hey, nice to see I'm not the only swedish FG player..

I mainly play D&D/d20 - I'm involved in a good campaign already, but I'm also looking for other games. Have some lesser experience with WoD and Ars Magica as well. Oh, and of course the older versions of Drakar & Demoner and Mutant.. ;)

Havent really played RPG for several years, but FG has made it possible. :)

Paradiso - sorry for the threadjack! CST - hmm, I can probably not join in then (CST = Central time, USA?)..

Oberoten
May 24th, 2006, 13:12
Hey, nice to see I'm not the only swedish FG player..

I mainly play D&D/d20 - I'm involved in a good campaign already, but I'm also looking for other games. Have some lesser experience with WoD and Ars Magica as well. Oh, and of course the older versions of Drakar & Demoner and Mutant.. ;)

Havent really played RPG for several years, but FG has made it possible. :)

Paradiso - sorry for the threadjack! CST - hmm, I can probably not join in then (CST = Central time, USA?)..

Currently in the development stages here, but the systems that have progressed most and are semi-ready for play are curently ArsMagica and StarWars D6. (ArsMagica will probably work better once 1.6 is out)

Future projects include the OLD version od DoD... Think 84 as well as Mutant and Mutant 2. With a bit of work we might get something along the lines of MarvelSuperheroes as well. I'll need to see if 1.6 will give me the support I need to make it a tad easier on all the tables.

I am VERY tempted at doing something minor of Warhammer FRPG 1.0 as well.

Admittedly, I am not much of a fan of level systems, much prefer skill-based since the merchant doesn't have to kill of gobbos to learn another language. ;)

For some reason my group bought me FG and told me to tinker with it, I expect this has something to do with the fact that I can obsess over systems and programming for LONG stretches of time and tend to be the system tinker all around of the group.... yareyare.

Would ya be willing to playtest a few things once I have more progress on 'em?

Griogre
May 24th, 2006, 20:04
I would be interested in an Ars Magica ruleset and might be able to help some with one in a few weeks.

Oberoten
May 24th, 2006, 20:17
I would be interested in an Ars Magica ruleset and might be able to help some with one in a few weeks.

Currently working on the Charactersheet for v5.0. Will post when I have more to tell about it. :)

Griogre
May 24th, 2006, 23:07
Is v5.0 that much different from 4.0? I've heard some bad things about 5.0 and I have the 4.0 and 3.0 books (plus for new players I think the 4.0 rules are still a free download).

Oberoten
May 24th, 2006, 23:25
I'd say that 5.0 is in many regards a GREAT improvement.

Parma Magica and penetration has become FAR more interesting.
((Basically Parma now protects 5xparma-score against how much you beat the spell-level with. Penetration gets a multiplier for things like knowing the name of the target. All very nice and more in line with the old folk-lore really.))

Skill-cost has increased to 5x level to be bought, arts are still bought at the same cost though and all is taken from the same experience pool finally making a reality of the fact that magi are weaker in skills than non-magi.

It is easier than ever to create new spells that are balanced.

Vis isn't as all-important as in the earlier versions.

And they have added a mass-combat system that actually works really well.

Risk of getting nicked to death with a dagger is gone since you now can take more than 1 wound of each type.

The virtues-flaws system is just plain awful though. Much prefer that from 3rd Ed. Best set of Virtues/flaws so far.

All things considered though, I'd say this is the best version yet though.

Griogre
May 25th, 2006, 23:18
Vis isn't as all-important as in the earlier versions.
Hmm this was aways a good reason to make the Mage's get out of their labs and *go* adventuring.

"What do you mean we're out of Vis again?" grumble, grumble. "No I guess we can't send the companions out to harvest it. They'll lose some and get themselves killed too."

The virtues-flaws system is just plain awful though. Much prefer that from 3rd Ed. It is system close enough you can still use the 3rd Virtures and Flaws?

Oberoten
May 25th, 2006, 23:35
It is system close enough you can still use the 3rd Virtures and Flaws?

Thankfully, yes. :)