PDA

View Full Version : Tripwire (The Third Imperium) (Mongoose Publishing)

MadBeardMan
May 26th, 2018, 18:25
Evening All,

Since the release of the Mongoose Traveller ruleset I've been working on adding some official content. Mongoose Publishing (rightly) want me to focus on new content only (ie New Traveller) but I persuaded them for me to convert this as I think it's a right rollicking book.

Here's the book on DTRPG (https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/64478/Tripwire?term=tripwire&test_epoch=0)

Now I've finished it. It requires v1.0.6. of the ruleset (to be sent over the weekend), once that is released I'll send this over.

You can find some pictures of it in my Dropbox folder here (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fscw1l14b7egagz/AACqvh08vqk-waJcF3v5Qh2Aa?dl=0).

It's a monster of a book, weighs in at 90 pages, and is a whirlwind tour of the Jeweller Subsector (Spinward Marches), which in my experience allows the GM to add more 'adventure' around some of the loose hooks on some of the planets. The FG module adds NPC's, new Equipment, Worlds Data and a lot of Story entries...

I'm going to ask if I can also do the Source Book Spinward Marches, but I suspect the pressure will be to complete the 2nd Edition Core Rulebook/Ruleset, we shall see.

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
June 1st, 2018, 12:40
Tripwire is done. I've added into 1.0.6. the ability for you to create new Alien races. Means I could create the Chokari.

It'll be sent to FG in about an hour, along with 1.0.6.

Baron Von Mandrick
June 5th, 2018, 03:20
We can't buy Tripwire from the FG store yet, can we?

Trenloe
June 5th, 2018, 03:52
We can't buy Tripwire from the FG store yet, can we?
It's not there (yet). New products are usually released on Tuesday - if they have been approved and are in the release schedule. So, depending on a lot of factors we're not aware of, this may be this week, next week, or...

Subscribe to the FG newsletter, so you get notified of new releases each week.

goodmanje
June 7th, 2018, 21:27
The Pirates of Drinax would be another awesome one to do.

esmdev
October 5th, 2018, 01:27
So I purchased Tripwire a bit ago and just recently got a chance to look through it. One thing I noticed is that there really aren't a lot in the way of playable battle maps. I was hoping someone might have a suggestion on where I might procure maps that might work with this adventure. I can probably run it without maps but it seems like it would be more fun with FG to play with maps.

backwardoracle
October 5th, 2018, 11:24
Here are some basic maps I made for my Tripwire game

I have more if your interested drop me a message & I'll send you a zip file

esmdev
October 5th, 2018, 14:40
Great, thank you. I really liked the air rafts outside the bar.

backwardoracle
October 5th, 2018, 16:30
sent :)

MadBeardMan
October 7th, 2018, 19:18
If anyone is really good at making maps, I'd love to get some done to give away with the ruleset.

Even the latest products are all theatre of the mind, so maps are a bit thin on the ground. Shame I don't have the skills to make maps. I'd love to.

Andraax
October 7th, 2018, 20:14
Describe what you're looking for, I'll see what I can pull together.

MadBeardMan
October 7th, 2018, 20:52
Describe what you're looking for, I'll see what I can pull together.

Create yourself a map pack if you want, starports (all classes) is where a lot of stuff happens, plus places like bars, space stations and the like.

I was going to try and find find someone to make tokens for Traveller as well, I need some for my own games.

backwardoracle
October 7th, 2018, 22:19
I'm looking into a PC token pack too, I have a professional artist interested

MadBeardMan
October 7th, 2018, 22:25
I'm looking into a PC token pack too, I have a professional artist interested

Ace, get him to contact me as I can pay for the tokens and make a token pack if he/she is interested. My original artist (who did my Shadowrun/Cyberpunk pack), lost interest sadly, as I want someone to create plenty of token packs for my rulesets.

Now back to doing my accounts....

Cheers,
MBM

backwardoracle
October 7th, 2018, 22:30
heres a sample,

MadBeardMan
October 7th, 2018, 22:32
Very nice, though I'm looking for top-down, over the shoulder mostly. But that's my preference, however, I know some people love portrait for their portrait, makes perfect sense.

backwardoracle
October 7th, 2018, 22:39
I do prefer PC tokens as portraits, seems more individual, however you can discuss options with her, I'll drop you her email.

MadBeardMan
October 7th, 2018, 22:42
I do prefer PC tokens as portraits, seems more individual, however you can discuss options with her, I'll drop you her email.

Nice, looking forward to talking to her then!
Cheers,
MBM

LordNanoc
October 11th, 2018, 09:19
I am always searching on google or pinterest. There are quite a bunch. As I do not publish them or use them businesswise, I feel no guilt about using them in my campaign.

backwardoracle
October 11th, 2018, 18:15
:) personal use only does have its attractions, just make sure the tokens are sized correctly.