PDA

View Full Version : Script error after last update

codester70
May 26th, 2018, 17:14
Getting a string of "Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/imagewindow.lua"]: ##: attempt to call field 'getVersion' (a nil value)" when opening any image or map.

This occurs on a 5e campaign whether I have extensions enabled or not. It also occurs on a brand new campaign without extensions.

Zacchaeus
May 26th, 2018, 17:34
For what ruleset is this?

Can you say what version shows in chat when you start a campaign of the ruleset you are using and the same for CoreRPG.

dberkompas
May 26th, 2018, 20:05
OP refers to 5E.

I'm on the latest release, created a new 5E, no extensions.

Opened DMG maps modules, opened Map-1. No errors.

Dave

Trenloe
May 26th, 2018, 23:53
Getting a string of "Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/imagewindow.lua"]: ##: attempt to call field 'getVersion' (a nil value)" when opening any image or map.
I'm guessing your FG software hasn't updated to v3.3.5 - as the getVersion API call was only added in v3.3.5.

When you launch FG - what version do you see in the top-right corner of the startup screen? You should see v3.3.5 or v3.3.5 ULTIMATE depending on your license. If you see an earlier version, then re-run an update. If you still don't see v3.3.5 after an update then look at "Wrong Fantasy Grounds Version" here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34865-v3-3-0-Issues-Problems-after-updating-Random-script-errors-etc