PDA

View Full Version : Mask Polygon Tool

Ken L
May 26th, 2018, 15:11
There's very little control for masking so I'm curious if there will ever be a polygon tool for mask reveal/hide in the current iteration of FG. Or is it that I'll have to wait till 2019+ when FGU comes out?

Currently as it stands, revealing/hiding areas near thin walls that are not square shaped takes more time than it needs to.

Asmo
May 26th, 2018, 19:23
There's very little control for masking so I'm curious if there will ever be a polygon tool for mask reveal/hide in the current iteration of FG. Or is it that I'll have to wait till 2019+ when FGU comes out?

Currently as it stands, revealing/hiding areas near thin walls that are not square shaped takes more time than it needs to.

I'm wondering the same. Would be nice to have a circle shaped (scaled) stamp/eraser thingy so you can either mask or reveal your tower.

The High Druid
May 26th, 2018, 21:44
For revealing you can shift-click and draw freehand. That might help a bit.

Ken L
May 26th, 2018, 21:46
freehand is the method inferred to that takes time, especially with thin walls or if you want to remain tight to the room.

LordEntrails
May 27th, 2018, 00:34
I won't admit that I've actually thickened my default walls in CC3+ so it makes it easier for me to to reveal the 'right stuff' in FG.

The High Druid
May 27th, 2018, 01:01
freehand is the method inferred to that takes time, especially with thin walls or if you want to remain tight to the room.

I just zoom in on the map if I'm worried about precision, though it does indeed take longer.

Danimal66
August 28th, 2018, 15:09
Funny I just googled this topic. I'm sad to see no answers was given just kind of ways to work around this. A polygon mask tool is a needed solution that can be found in other products.

Ken L
August 28th, 2018, 23:58
They won't implement it, but I've heard in FGU Carl is working on it along with vector brushes.