PDA

View Full Version : Resolve

Samarex
May 25th, 2018, 14:09
Good evening all. Need a rules clarification here.
I am trying to fix the player character relsolve system.
So Lets say Jimbo is running low on Stamina and decides to use Resilve to recover it. This requires Resolve points and a 10 min rest.
1- He spends the resolve and gets his 10 min rest.
All good Stamina restored.
2 He spends the resolve but 5 mins into his rest he is interupted. I know he dont recover his Stamina but the question is does Jimbo lose the resolve points?

Trenloe
May 25th, 2018, 16:39
Resolve is really a way of limiting healing/special abilities to so many per day. Personally, I wouldn't penalize the PC and remove the RP if they didn't get the benefit of spending it.

RAW? The rules say "by spending a resolve point and taking 10 uninterrupted minutes of rest..." It doesn't say "then" it says "and" - i.e. both have to be done to get the benefit, there is not real order to this unless you assume that the order of the tasks in the sentence is the order they must be done - but this is not stated. "and" joins/connects tasks, it doesn't specify an order.

Samarex
May 31st, 2018, 04:44
Resolve is really a way of limiting healing/special abilities to so many per day. Personally, I wouldn't penalize the PC and remove the RP if they didn't get the benefit of spending it.

RAW? The rules say "by spending a resolve point and taking 10 uninterrupted minutes of rest..." It doesn't say "then" it says "and" - i.e. both have to be done to get the benefit, there is not real order to this unless you assume that the order of the tasks in the sentence is the order they must be done - but this is not stated. "and" joins/connects tasks, it doesn't specify an order.

Ok with that said I got the Resolve System working.
Up till now it worked but ONLY from the GM side. The GM would have to push the buttons on the Character sheet to get the Effects to Add and Remove correctly.
This is now Working for both GM(Host) and PC(Client), so now the player can use his character sheets Resolve buttons to do the Following.

Current Resolve This shows your current Resolve and is also a Button. (Double click to use 1 Resolve.) This also gets reported to Chat so the GM knows you spent it you just need to let the GM know what it is spent for.

(STAM) This will spend the Resolve and restore Stamina.

(STAB) If the PC has been reduced to 0 HP, they have the Effects "Dying" and Unconscious" applied to there character on the CT (Combat Tracker).
Using this button they can spend Resolve to Stabilize in doing so the "Dying" effect is removed and replaced with "Stable". They are still unconscious but no longer Dying.

(SinF) if the PC is at (0 HP and Stable), Using this allows a PC to Stay in the Fight, in doing so it restores 1 HP and removes both "Unconscious" and "Stable" effects from the CT.

This will be seen in 1.0.10 Update.