PDA

View Full Version : Wording Suggestion?

SailorLovins
May 21st, 2018, 16:22
How would you word this "Shadow Meld" Ability? I am terrible with grammar and evidently sentence structure. Thanks.

Shadow Meld, Shinobi Level 6
You have mastered the ability to hide in shadows. You gain advantage on all stealth rolls when you are within a shadow that is at least your size or greater. This can be used even if there are light sources that would normally betray your position. You also avoid detection from those with the ability to see through darkness although magical detection such as
True Seeing will reveal your presence. If the shadow is destroyed by means of light directed to the shadow itself then you are revealed.

Zacchaeus
May 21st, 2018, 18:03
Looks ok.

LordEntrails
May 21st, 2018, 18:34
How would you word this "Shadow Meld" Ability? I am terrible with grammar and evidently sentence structure. Thanks.

Shadow Meld, Shinobi Level 6
You have mastered the ability to hide in shadows. You gain advantage on all stealth rolls when you are within a shadow that is at least your size or greater. This can be used even if there are light sources that would normally betray your position. You also avoid detection from those with the ability to see through darkness although magical detection such as
True Seeing will reveal your presence. If the shadow is destroyed by means of light directed to the shadow itself then you are revealed.
I think you have two conflicting statements, in bold.

And is their any concern onver not clarifying how dark the shadow is? Or just leave that up to the DM as a ruling? (Probably the best solution, but thought I would mention it.)