PDA

View Full Version : Players Can't Open Maps

Mojachi
May 21st, 2018, 04:44
I've been running sessions in FG for a few years now and never had a problem with anything, but now a lot of my players are having issues opening maps and images. For some of they it just straight up doesn't load, and sometimes it just hard crashes their client. We're all using the most up to date versions and the only extension I have running is one for the Calendar which I can't imagine is causing an issue. Anyone else having these issues or any solutions?

Andraax
May 21st, 2018, 04:52
Too many modules / images / tokens shared with the players? Seems like the most likely culprit.

LordEntrails
May 21st, 2018, 05:03
As Andraax says, you have too much shared with your players. Sounds like you have been running this campaign for a long time? You need to go into your images list and unshare those that are no longer needed.

If you need directions on how to unshare, or if after doing that your players still have issues (then they will need to clear their player cache). Just let us know and we can provide step by step instructions.

Bonkon
May 21st, 2018, 21:46
As Andraax says, you have too much shared with your players. Sounds like you have been running this campaign for a long time? You need to go into your images list and unshare those that are no longer needed.

If you need directions on how to unshare, or if after doing that your players still have issues (then they will need to clear their player cache). Just let us know and we can provide step by step instructions.

Good Day All :)
Just to be clear for my old foggy brain, when you say to "unshare" it is simply opening the maps and images button on the right side of the screen and clicking on the "P" so it goes away, right? :)

Thanks

LordEntrails
May 21st, 2018, 22:05
Good Day All :)
Just to be clear for my old foggy brain, when you say to "unshare" it is simply opening the maps and images button on the right side of the screen and clicking on the "P" so it goes away, right? :)

Thanks
Yes :)

damned
May 22nd, 2018, 01:48
Dont forget the clear cache too though!