PDA

View Full Version : Module stuffing

Ken L
May 19th, 2018, 18:00
Is there a limit to what can be put into a module? I have been using 'map tokens' which bind tokens to a map and npc for easier reference to select+add-to-tracker etc.. I'm looking to export these into a module if possible with their token-ids in tact along with npc data. I also have a small data structure that aids in this binding which also needs to be exported.

Is this possible or no?

Moon Wizard
May 19th, 2018, 22:07
I’m not quite sure what you are asking, but I’ll provide some info.

FG won’t exports tokens with image records by default, though you could manually add the XML for image token data. However, as soon as image is interacted with, a change copy of the record will be created and stored with each campaign.

Also, tokens don’t have have any concept of “link” information. They are just ID and graphic info. The linking between tokens and the combat tracker is completely handled by the combat tracker code in the ruleset, which can not be exported to a module.

Encounters are the feature designed to place groups of creature tokens on a map all at once.

Regards,
JPG

Ken L
May 20th, 2018, 10:20
The the binding issue I resolved as an extension that binds npcid/tokenid/mapname+id as unique identifiers.

For module export I'd have to lean on unique map and npc names as the ids would be worthless, and perhaps positioning information as well in some simple xml structure.

You mentioned this as possible in terms of exporting the xml?

Moon Wizard
May 20th, 2018, 18:20
The built in export function does not include token/mask/drawing/pointer information by design. However, I believe you could add it manually or via an external utility to the XML if really desired.

Cheers,
JPG