PDA

View Full Version : Custom Packs

Slagmoth
May 18th, 2018, 22:10
This may have been asked somewhere before, but I would like to create my own custom Adventuring Pack. So that when I drag and drop the pack all of the contents show up on the character inventory, much like the Burglar's or Explorer's Pack work in the 5E ruleset.

Is this something that we can do ourselves or is it some hard coded recognition on the back end?

Zacchaeus
May 18th, 2018, 22:23
Hi Slagmouth, welcome to FG. You can’t do this within FG, you’ll need to dig into the XML. You may be able to dig into the SRDdata module to find out how, it I can’t remember if there are examples of packs in that module or not.

LordEntrails
May 19th, 2018, 00:10
I've seen it mentioned here in the forums how to do it in the xml, but I can't find it. Sorry :(

Andraax
May 19th, 2018, 00:32
Create a parcel. If you put negative amounts in the money fields, it will even deduct the cost of the "purchase".

Fionor
May 19th, 2018, 02:00
Create a parcel. If you put negative amounts in the money fields, it will even deduct the cost of the "purchase".

I didn't know this is possible. That sounds great.
I have no way how to test it right now (I'm far away from my PC), but: can I put Parcel directly to PC's Inventory instead of Party Sheet?
Because that would allow me to make automated purchases from merchants (until now I had to manually change amounts of money after purchase).

Andraax
May 19th, 2018, 02:06
Yeah, just drag and drop the parcel on the inventory tab. Works in several CoreRPG derived rulesets, so it probably works in all of them. I use it in C&C all the time.

Slagmoth
May 19th, 2018, 02:28
Thanks I was looking through the phb module xml but it seems it is a hard code. I was looking for something for the players to grab and I am fairly certain that parcels are DM thing. Still fairly new to this. FG has come a long way since the first time I looked at it. Seems it has some more to go. I guess I will have learn some LUA as well, a far cry from C#.

In the SRD module I see the following:

Burglar's Pack

16 gp

reference_equipment

reference.equipmentdata.diplomat_spack@DD5E SRD Data

Sort of looks like a code reference call. I don't see any other references other than the normal ones I would see for general text reading. Would be lovely to be able to do this. No one likes writing or dragging equipment piece mail.

Slagmoth
May 19th, 2018, 02:32
I am also having an issue with a map that seems to be locked to "Read Only" and I don't have any of the map options at the top of the window to move the grid when I apply it.

LordEntrails
May 19th, 2018, 02:33
I am also having an issue with a map that seems to be locked to "Read Only" and I don't have any of the map options at the top of the window to move the grid when I apply it.
I believe maps from non-player sources can not be unlocked. But, for the official products there should be player versions of the products that have the maps in them and can be unlocked in those versions.

NOt 100% on that though so if I'm wrong, just say so.

Andraax
May 19th, 2018, 02:34
The way I've done it was create a module with a bunch of parcels in it (to represent the "packs"). I then saved this to a module. The players can then open the module in play to access them.

Slagmoth
May 19th, 2018, 16:32
Yeah, I think I was just opening the wrong ones... I found the Player Maps and they have toggles and show the options.