PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Logging?

bigdruid
May 7th, 2006, 01:53
Hi all

I've been a player for a few sessions now and my GM and I love the program and I'm starting up my own game soon. One big thing I can't find and hope it's just hiding is logging of the test from the chat window. Is this something that is in there?

It'd be really nice to pull the meat from a session for a campaign journal or to remember all the stuff I 'winged' as I was running something.

Thanks in advance for replies.

Gary

P.S. Tried searching the boards but was hard to find 'logging' that didn't refer to connecting to the game.

Cantstanzya
May 7th, 2006, 02:42
In the campaigns directory there should be a directory that has your campaign name. In that folder there is a file called chatlog.html.
Someone created a program that will take that file and strip out some of the various things that you may not want, like ooc chat, or whispers. Check out https://fouruglymonsters.com/downloads_community.htm and the utility should be there.

bigdruid
May 7th, 2006, 03:07
Thank you so much for the reply Cantstanzya. I did find that file in my folder on the campaign that I run. However, I don't see it in the one that I am a player in; is this a GM only thing then?

I'll definitely be looking for that tool at 4UMs site.

Gary

Cantstanzya
May 7th, 2006, 03:19
Yes, it is only on the DMs side.