PDA

View Full Version : Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes is available now

ddavison
May 18th, 2018, 05:13
Check the store for it and see the new improved sharing options from the product detail. What do you think, will this end up being more popular than Xanathar's Guide, about the same or less? It's a pretty steep bar.

Also, check out the new adventure with included 9th level pregens - Rrakkma.

D&D Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=WOTC5EMTOF)

D&D Adventurers League: Rrakkma (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=WOTC5EDD1AMORD)

LordEntrails
May 18th, 2018, 17:56
I don't know, how popular is/was Xanathar's? :)

lostsanityreturned
May 18th, 2018, 18:01

Not sure how it was on fantasygrounds but it was hugely popular as a physical book.

Tome of foes is more of a volos guide book, it won't sell as much.

RoleforFun
May 18th, 2018, 18:04
Hey! Do we know if MToF is going to be added to the D&D "Complete Bundle"? Just asking since I bought the bundle and didn't know if it would be 25% off as a new addition to the bundle or not. I saw it on Steam (where I first purchased the bundle, don't hate me because I goofed up and bought it through them) and it was standard price of $30 even though I purchased the bundle a few weeks ago. I'd just like to save my pennies where I can so I can keep buying future content.

Also, I've been meaning to ask if there's any way for FG's store to recognize that I bought the bundle through Steam and apply it to the account so I can make future purchases directly from FG and still receive the discount. I have my purchases synced but the FG store doesn't reflect that being associated with my account as far as purchased material is concerned. Thanks!

lostsanityreturned
May 18th, 2018, 18:19
Hey! Do we know if MToF is going to be added to the D&D "Complete Bundle"? Just asking since I bought the bundle and didn't know if it would be 25% off as a new addition to the bundle or not. I saw it on Steam (where I first purchased the bundle, don't hate me because I goofed up and bought it through them) and it was standard price of $30 even though I purchased the bundle a few weeks ago. I'd just like to save my pennies where I can so I can keep buying future content.

Also, I've been meaning to ask if there's any way for FG's store to recognize that I bought the bundle through Steam and apply it to the account so I can make future purchases directly from FG and still receive the discount. I have my purchases synced but the FG store doesn't reflect that being associated with my account as far as purchased material is concerned. Thanks!

I cannot speak for steam, but I bought it with the complete discount today :)

ddavison
May 18th, 2018, 18:42

Well, I'll put it this way... Xanathar dated all the cheerleaders in their school and then dated all the cheerleaders in the rival school too.

I'll have to do a comparison after the first 24 hours to see how they stacked up.

ddavison
May 18th, 2018, 18:43

It should be in the Complete the Set bundle on Steam as well.

LordEntrails
May 18th, 2018, 19:27
Well, I'll put it this way... Xanathar dated all the cheerleaders in their school and then dated all the cheerleaders in the rival school too.

That's pretty popular... but not as popular as the cheerleader who...

RoleforFun
May 19th, 2018, 14:24
It should be in the Complete the Set bundle on Steam as well.

I looked again after I got off work and now it's part of the bundle as stated. Thanks for the responses!

To my other question, is there any way to link up my Steam account purchases with the FG store so I can dump Steam altogether to better support Smiteworks (still retaining the bundle discount and purchase tracking, etc.)?

Zacchaeus
May 19th, 2018, 14:27
Send an email to [email protected] to see what, if anything, they can do about that.

RoleforFun
May 20th, 2018, 01:35
Appreciate the support gents, can't wait to integrate this into my upcoming OotA campaign starting Sunday!

gqwebb
May 20th, 2018, 03:32
Did this not include theme decals? Kind of like them. I did not see them mentioned here : https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=WOTC5EMTOF

ddavison
May 20th, 2018, 22:45
I did not build any for MTOF. I was starting to have some concerns over overall file sizes and memory usage, but I can look at whipping some up next week.

gqwebb
May 22nd, 2018, 00:51
Thank you Doug, I look forward to the update. As to the memory issue, yes now that my library has grow I have to select just what I need.

Egheal
May 22nd, 2018, 12:11
Yes please ! give us some decals ! On my side the memory problem is a thing only with too much tokens, not with decals (i don't download all of them though).

ErrantElminster
May 23rd, 2018, 21:25
Hi, Does anyone know where to find the npc stats and some images from the book in the reference manual? For example, the oblex has an image in the book that isn't in the reference manual and I cant see it's stats.

Zacchaeus
May 23rd, 2018, 21:48
NPCs are found either by clicking the NPCs in the library window or clicking the NPCs button in the menu on the right.

Images of NPCs are linked in the Other tab of the NPC

lostsanityreturned
May 24th, 2018, 01:44
Yeah, I am surprised that people are having issues with decals.

They don't automatically check themselves to be loaded as extensions and there is no reason to be loading all of them as it makes it impossible to scroll through the list.

Trenloe
May 24th, 2018, 16:45
Yeah, I am surprised that people are having issues with decals.

They don't automatically check themselves to be loaded as extensions and there is no reason to be loading all of them as it makes it impossible to scroll through the list.
Yep, I agree. But... we've seen a number of GMs who just select them all as a matter of course, to give them all of the options they might possibly want while running a game. Yes, it's virtually impossible to scroll through them all, but some people just want to enable everything!

LordEntrails
May 24th, 2018, 18:01
So, have any of the FG versions of MToF been affected by the recall? https://wpn.wizards.com/en/article/product-exchange-mordenkainens-limited-edition

Oh wait, guess shipping problems wouldn't really affect us!

ErrantElminster
May 28th, 2018, 06:06
NPCs are found either by clicking the NPCs in the library window or clicking the NPCs button in the menu on the right.

Images of NPCs are linked in the Other tab of the NPC

Thank you very much. Do you know if it's under consideration to put the npc's stats links in the reference manual as well as the missing images with it's links?

Zacchaeus
May 28th, 2018, 08:50
Thank you very much. Do you know if it's under consideration to put the npc's stats links in the reference manual as well as the missing images with it's links?

I could link the NPC to the description in the reference section but there doesn't really seem much point since the NPCs are in their own list. In other modules such as the monster manual there is just the NPC lists; there's no reference section with the NPC details. However for Mordenkainen I added the monster descriptions to the reference section. There are no missing images that I am aware of but if you can point to any that are missing I'll fix them.

lostsanityreturned
May 28th, 2018, 09:57
So, have any of the FG versions of MToF been affected by the recall? https://wpn.wizards.com/en/article/product-exchange-mordenkainens-limited-edition

Oh wait, guess shipping problems wouldn't really affect us!

A good idea for an april fools prank in fantasygrounds

ErrantElminster
May 28th, 2018, 12:18
I could link the NPC to the description in the reference section but there doesn't really seem much point since the NPCs are in their own list. In other modules such as the monster manual there is just the NPC lists; there's no reference section with the NPC details. However for Mordenkainen I added the monster descriptions to the reference section. There are no missing images that I am aware of but if you can point to any that are missing I'll fix them.

Thank you for your quick answer. For example, I can't find the image in page 218. About the npc links, I use the reference manual as a book, so it's convinient to have everything in one place and not having to search the npc one by one. I tried to edit it (the reference manual) myself to add the links but i couldn't find the way.

Zacchaeus
May 28th, 2018, 12:34
I can't see that image either in my resources. I'll see what I can do.

ErrantElminster
May 28th, 2018, 13:13
I can't see that image either in my resources. I'll see what I can do.

Thank you very much.