PDA

View Full Version : LFG 1 Player LF Weekly Game Mon Wed Thurs Fri Sun Flexible On Time Specifically 5E

IsaiahofDyr
May 16th, 2018, 18:39
FG License: Demo (I currently GM two groups of players on Roll20 for Starfinder, and Numenera. I want to look into, and learn Fantasy Grounds as I think it is just the tool we need for our games. Due to that I am hoping to get into a game as a player, and learn from experienced players and GMs on how to use this program to see if it's worth me purchasing an ultimate license.)

Time Zone: PST (I live in Oregon although currently I have a very flexible schedule as I work from home, and when I want.)

Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Prefer Weekly game. Available Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Sundays. Times on those days are extremely flexible.

Term: Not looking for one shots. Looking for something more middle or long term. I really enjoy watching PCs develop, and grow.

Voice: I am pretty accustomed to all sorts of VoIPs. I have a pretty expensive sound setup, and am willing to use whatever program is needed. I have a nice 1080 60 FPS webcam as well.

Game System Preferred: I am specifically looking for Dungeons and Dragons 5E

Game System Experience: I have never played D&D 5E I did play 3.5 in highschool, have played Pathfinder, and currently play Starfinder. I own nearly every book for the system although have not had the opportunity to play it due to my other continuous campaigns.

Fantasy Grounds Experience: I have never used Fantasy Grounds before. I am generally Savvy when it comes to software, and have worked in IT. I am hoping I can learn accelerate my learning in a group environment with knowledgeable individuals in a live game as I am a hands on learner.

Character Type Preferred: I have always preferred fighters with a little something. Paladin's, Barbarians, Spellblades, etc... Those types of classes.

My most recent concept I flushed out in a google doc was for what I call the "Dad Barb." A high wisdom barbarian who's wife died in childbirth, and in his mountain village had a hag they tribute to foretell that his son would one day be a great hero, but before that could happen he would be slain by a jealous fool. The hag instructed Dad Barb to keep on the move, and become strong to protect his child. Dad Barb took on that responsibility, and became an adventurer thinking of no better way to keep from staying in one place, or to have the opportunity to gain strength. No formal training is why he is a barbarian, his rage is flavored more as a hyper-focus, and his path is ancestral guardian being his dead wife's (who was a warrior) soul. Have a kind of Lone Wolf and Cub thing going on. I figured a child is a pretty good time keeping piece, as well as an intriguing asset to grow/protect.

I have many more character concepts I have developed over the years, and really enjoy flushing out my character's motivations, and backstories. Although unlike some individuals I find myself looking at adventures as a way to learn about my character instead of a way to try to force a pre-determined story I already had in my head.

About me: I was born of Dyrlandic blood 23 years past. Born of human mother, and father into a relatively poor household I found my refuge in fantasy. Picking up TTRPGs at a young age, and sharing them with my few friends. Eventually founding my own club in high school where in which we would hide away after hours, and roll dice in the back room of the library. Exploring grand worlds coming to fruition from our minds. I have ventured through illustrious planes of existence with varying rules to their universes such as; D&D 3.5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Conan: An Age Undreamed Of, Rogue Trader, Black Crusade, Vampire the Masquerade, Gods of the Fall, Numenera, Paranoia, Deadlands, and Conspiracy X. I have not only navigated such planes, but controlled them. I have forced them to bend to my very will in order to tell discover tales unique to me, and a select few individuals. Although many have had similar experiences.

I find great enjoyment in such games, able to find something in nearly everything. I am thrilled by combat, intrigued by intrigue, tickled by riddles, and could really use a good conversation every now and again. I may be serious at times, but I can enjoy a good goof. I find myself to be a very moderate individual in almost all facets of life besides how moderately I am moderate. In that I am very stubborn. It's hard to really pinpoint a thing about me that is important to share as I am a pretty easy going guy. My main goal is to have fun in good company, and to learn from others along the way. I guess a couple things that could possibly get on people's nerves is I am a very verbose individual, as well as I am exceedingly boisterous, and more than a tad curious. When I am excited I tend to be a loud individual. I like to give my war cries oomph. I really enjoy getting into a character, and to learn about those who are around them. As well as I as a person likes to learn about the people I am playing with. I never expect an answer to my questions as everyone's privacy is their own, but I do at least enjoy asking how things are going. On the other front I am a very open individual, and besides extremely sensitive information such as my SSN do not mind sharing about myself.