PDA

View Full Version : Adventurer's League overlay

BronzeDodger
May 16th, 2018, 16:12
Ran across the Adventurer's League Youtube clips. Wondering if there is an existing spot it explains how they setup the screen. I'm not looking to stream anything but I've had zero luck finding info on using an overlay (correct term?) that fits the video windows onto the same screen as FG itself (or how you build such a thing) for use in a game with your own party.

Any pointers/links much appreciated :)

pindercarl
May 16th, 2018, 16:23
Streamers will often use something like OBS (https://obsproject.com/) to setup the layout they will be streaming. It is strictly to produce the video stream and would not be useful otherwise. Typical example, FG is running in its window and Skype is running in its window. OBS is used to stitch together a video stream that overlays parts of the Skype window atop the FG window to produce a video stream for Twitch. The video stream is non-interactive, i.e. you are still using FG in its own window. I hope that was clear.

BronzeDodger
May 16th, 2018, 16:27
Ohhh...so the view with the FG window and the video feeds on one screen is purely for the stream, the players themselves only see FG and not the video boxes?

pindercarl
May 16th, 2018, 16:40
Yep.

BronzeDodger
May 16th, 2018, 16:43
So Adventurer's League aside - is there a way to make video chat easy alongside FG (via Discord/Skype/other) or is that more of a fantasy than the game content? :)

Nylanfs
May 16th, 2018, 17:05
I believe this is something like what you are looking for.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24282-How-to-make-an-overlay-and-setup-OBS-for-streaming!

LordEntrails
May 16th, 2018, 17:08
You can always just arrange your FG and Skype/Discord windows next to each. Neither will run full screen, but just set them up next to each as desired. (or use two monitors, it's what I do.)

BronzeDodger
May 16th, 2018, 17:29
I think I ran across that and just get lost. Always seems stream focused rather than "just this game" so adds a lot of layers to wade through. I'll give it another run in hopes more goes into the grey matter this time. Thanks.

BronzeDodger
May 16th, 2018, 17:31
LordEntraits: figured that might be the only way without some serious digging on my part. And pretty expected that even if I did it would turn-out not to get used as the lost screen real-estate for a player with a smaller display would not be worth adding the video.