PDA

View Full Version : Non-PM to Trenloe (nothing secret, he just has a full inbox)

Gkjsdll
May 14th, 2018, 20:48
Sorry all if this is the wrong way to go about this, but I've got a message for Trenloe specifically, and his inbox is probably going to be full forever :/

If I shouldn't have spawned a thread for this, I'd understand this t

Trenloe:

Another forum user recently sent me two extensions to update for FG v3.5.5 that both have your name in the source code. They're called 3.5E Manual Attack and 5E Manual Attack.

I'm looking at adding support for additional roll types (non-attack), and maybe coercing the 3D dice to show the designated roll number. Would you be alright with me spawning new threads for each extension and giving you credit in the source code & announcement as I have with lokiare1 and Window Saver X (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?43706-Window-Saver-X-Extension)?

Best,
Gk

P.S. Sorry again if I shouldn't have spawned a thread for this, but I didn't see anything saying this wasn't allowed in the forum FAQs

Trenloe
May 14th, 2018, 21:06
Sorry all if this is the wrong way to go about this, but I've got a message for Trenloe specifically, and his inbox is probably going to be full forever :/
Thanks for the heads up - I'm forever clearing it out, but... see the comment in my signature! :/

Another forum user recently sent me two extensions to update for FG v3.5.5 that both have your name in the source code. They're called 3.5E Manual Attack and 5E Manual Attack.

I'm looking at adding support for additional roll types (non-attack), and maybe coercing the 3D dice to show the designated roll number. Would you be alright with me spawning new threads for each extension and giving you credit in the source code & announcement as I have with lokiare1 and Window Saver X (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?43706-Window-Saver-X-Extension)?
Sure, go for it.

You won't be able to change the number on the actual 3D dice - there's nothing you can do with that. Don't even try! ;)

Gkjsdll
May 14th, 2018, 21:31
Thanks for the heads up - I'm forever clearing it out, but... see the comment in my signature! :/

Yup, just didn't want to keep trying to send you the message until I happened to have good timing.

You won't be able to change the number on the actual 3D dice - there's nothing you can do with that. Don't even try! ;)

Part of me completely believes you and doesn't want to try, part of me takes that as a challenge! (Although I know you likely mean there's literally no way to access that functionality from inside an extension)

Thanks for the OK.

Best,
Gk

Trenloe
May 14th, 2018, 21:36
(Although I know you likely mean there's literally no way to access that functionality from inside an extension)
Yup.

Gkjsdll
May 14th, 2018, 21:47
In that case, thanks for the heads up!