PDA

View Full Version : How to include map resizing in an existing custom ruleset (Star Wars d6)

Lord Kavos
May 14th, 2018, 02:18
I am looking to start a Star Wars d6 campaign & found a ruleset that someone has created already...

It has the wild die functionality built in & character sheets that work well, but the map window doesnt have any resizing capability.

Just wondering if that is something I can fix - note I am a complete novice when it comes to coding, so don't have any idea where to begin...

damned
May 14th, 2018, 02:46
Coding required.
Possibly a little - possibly a lot.
Mostly you will be hacking code from CoreRPG so no new code to be written.

Trenloe
May 14th, 2018, 04:48
It has the wild die functionality built in & character sheets that work well, but the map window doesnt have any resizing capability.
Are you sure it doesn't have any resizing at all? Older rulesets didn't have the grab handles on the edge of the window to resize, but CTRL+Click/Drag should still work. See Windows -> Sizing here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/The_Basics#Windows

There may be an additional minimum or maximum image window size set - but you should be able to resize within the min/max limits.

Trenloe
May 14th, 2018, 05:01
Looking at the ruleset itself, there is a minimum of 200 pixels and a maximum of 700 pixels set - you can resize within that. But, this is very low for a lot of map sizes people use now-a-days!

Look at adventure_images.xml in the ruleset and delete the lines highlighted in bold below. This may result in some tiling issues with the image window frame (if it was never designed to go larger than 700 pixels), but these will probably be minor compared with being able to size maps larger than 700x700.

<windowclass name="imagewindow">
<datasource>image</datasource>
<frame>imagebox</frame>
<sharable />
<minimize>minimized_image</minimize>
<sizelimits>
<dynamic>
<hostcontrol />
</dynamic>
<maximum>
<width>700</width>
<height>700</height>
</maximum>
<minimum>
<width>200</width>
<height>200</height>
</minimum>
</sizelimits>

Lord Kavos
May 14th, 2018, 05:35
Cheers trenloe, as informative as ever buddy...