PDA

View Full Version : LFP - Shards of Destiny - WEG D6 Star Wars Home Campaign

Lord Kavos
May 13th, 2018, 13:57
Hi all,
I have been feeling a little nostalgic of late. I have been going through some of my old campaign notes from years back & came across one of my old Star Wars D6 campaigns. As I smiled & remembered those good old days it got me to thinking…why not revisit one of my favourite systems & settings once again…

So I hereby introduce… SHARDS OF DESTINY, a d6 Star Wars RPG (by West End Games) home campaign set during the height of the Empire and the rise of the Rebellion. This campaign takes place during the Rebellion era, when the tyranny of the Empire is at its height & the 1st Death Star is about to be unleashed on the galaxy.

When times are this tough there is a need for heroes to step up... but are there any heroes left in the galaxy?

I am seeking 3-6 players for my Star Wars opus at this stage. I am Australian (GMT +10), but a full-time musician so I am fairly flexible when it comes to session times, but we will all have to be able to commit to a weekly or bi-weekly schedule that works for everyone, so please post your availability & once we have an approximate consensus on timing I will set up a calendar for the game so we all know when the sessions will occur.

Firstly, let me welcome all potential players to my new campaign - I hope you find it enjoyable. Remember it is your role as well as mine to have fun, so don’t forget to drag out all those cheesy Star Wars quotes and let your imaginations run wild with all that is good in Mr Lucas' grand creation. It is my goal to make this campaign as cinematic, colourful and encompass a grand scope - giving you all the chance to forge a name for your PC, written in the stars, so to speak.

A bit of background on me (your GM) - I have previously run WEG (d6) Star Wars for over 15 years, as well as D&D / Pathfinder for even longer. Some of you may already know me well from FG Con & Pathfinder Society games on FG, while others are yet to experience my evilness in person (forgive the DM’s joke).

While it has been over 10 years since I last ran the d6 SW system, I am still familiar with the rules somewhat & what I forget I will just make up on the spot anyway if needed. There will be a few home rules chucked in of course - rules that I hope will smooth gameplay & create a more cinematic campaign, but I will stay as close to the rules that we all know & love as much as possible.

I have found a D6 Star Wars ruleset on the boards here for FG, but it is by no means complete, so we may end up with some issues along the way. But the wild-die mechanic has been set up & the character sheets seem to work, so I am hopeful that the ruleset will allow us to play without too much trouble.

For those of you unfamiliar with the WEG D6 Star Wars system (what rock have you been hiding under?) you can find the rulebooks online – note as WEG went bust years ago there are no copyright issues I am aware of & the pdf’s are available on the web for free now anyway. However please be careful not to read through too many of the adventures & sourcebooks you find online, I will be using some of the published adventures for this campaign and drawing ideas from some of the sourcebooks as well, so you don’t want to spoil the story for yourselves do you?

Now for the important crunch…

As this campaign is set during the rebellion era, there will be a limitation on the number of jedi characters allowed at the beginning of this campaign. The Empire has effectively purged their religion from the galaxy, taking great pains to try to wipe or smear the history of the Jedi to the point that they are almost forgotten or to blame for most of the evils in the galaxy. So this will not be a campaign for an entire party of Jedi who managed to avoid the purge for the last 17 years or so…

Now in saying the above, I realize that almost everyone wants to play a Jedi at some stage, so I do have a mechanic in mind where some characters can become jedi as the story & campaign develops. Your character will need to be force sensitive of course, and you will need to let me know that you are looking for your character to head in this direction so I can set my plans into motion…

But if you wish to begin play as a jedi, I will only allow the following templates to be chosen from (all from the core rulebook – note the young jedi template will be banned at character creation):

• Alien Student of the Force
• Failed Jedi
• Minor Jedi
• Quixotlo Jedi

Note this will be a Light Side campaign – Dark Side characters will not be allowed, and any PC that falls to the dark side will be removed from the campaign or become an NPC for me to use. Your character may accrue dark side points along the way (and I will certainly be tempting force sensitive characters with its lure & power), but your character will need to yearn towards the light – if a PC falls to the dark side he will be an NPC from then on & unplayable, but we may visit that NPC later on in the campaign as redemption and a return to the light are always possible…

As for character creation in general, I will allow character templates to be chosen from almost any of the dozens of WEG sourcebooks available (depending on suitability to the timeline of course), and I also allow the customization of templates to tweak them to fit your ideal character idea. You are welcome to play an droid or alien race, common or obscure, but remember that the Empire has a xenophobic outlook towards non-humans & stories abound of increasing incidents involving Imperial crackdowns on non-humans. So it is probably a good idea that at least a couple of you play a human character, but it is by no means mandatory.

Once you have chosen your template (or your created/tweaked one), you normally get 7D to add to skills – for the start of this campaign I will expand this by another 5D to reflect some more ‘worldly’ experience for your characters (for a total of 12D), but the limit of adding only 2D to any one skill will apply as it specifies in the character creation rules. Finally, you will also have to decide if you character is force sensitive or not – only force sensitive PCs can learn force skills, but then they have to be wary of the dark side & its lure…

If you don’t know much about the WEG system or how to create a D6 character don’t worry too much – post your Star Wars PC idea, and we can work out the mechanics from there – but it is pretty easy to create a PC in this system anyway…

So please reply in this thread if you are interested in playing – don’t forget to include available times and your +/- GMT so we can work out a consensus for playing times.

Once we have some interested people I will expand on the campaign background and the beginning adventure – your characters don’t need to know each other to begin with, but you will have to have a reason for traveling on the passenger liner “Last Chance”, which is currently headed for the outer rim to escape the horrors of the evil Galactic Empire…

Cheers,
Andrew Cowan
AKA Lord (Darth) Kavos
Your friendly (or not so) Star Wars GM.

Lord Kavos
May 13th, 2018, 14:01
Blank Character sheet attached...

JTB
May 14th, 2018, 04:19
I would like to join your group if possible. I have am in two D&D groups, one Tuesday night and one Wednesday night. I live in the central time zone in the US (-5 GMT). I have a pdf of the basic ruleset, but have never played. I am looking at either the tongue tied engineer (I would play as a streetwise engineer) or a pirate (former). Let me know what you think.

markjohn
May 14th, 2018, 10:00
Im intrested in joining haven't really had a chance to play star wars game yet. Im in Australia so +9:30, and depending when you plan to begin the game free mostly on the weekends.

jasonthelamb
May 14th, 2018, 10:18
Hey there! Interested in playing - I am EDT (UTC -4), I can play 6PM-onwards Wednesday or Thursday - or some weird times during the weekend. Being on opposite sides of the world makes things rough, I know.

As for a character concept, I'd like to play some sort of hot-shot ace character, good at flying - maybe modeled a bit after Han Solo himself... fast talking whatnot. I've never played WEG, but I am a huge star wars fan.

Lord Kavos
May 14th, 2018, 10:40
Evenings on the weekend I would have to leave free for gigs, but mornings my time would be evenings for our -1/-5 UTC players.

So would a weekend morning work for you markjohn?

markjohn
May 14th, 2018, 10:42
Yes that would work for me.

Lord Kavos
May 14th, 2018, 11:21
OK I have set up a calendar entry for the campaign...

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=3081

You will note I have added some sample times/dates for this coming weekend - please vote yes / no on each one so we can work out a consensus time for the game sessions.

Don't worry if you are unavailable this particular weekend - please still vote for the session time that works for you on a weekly (or bi-weekly basis), we can always postpone the starting session if needed or use it to build characters for those who can make it.

Markjohn, are you only available on the weekend mornings (Oz time) or are any week days an option for you?

The other alternative is to try a week night Australian time, but that may be difficult for our overseas players. We can just keep putting up timeslots & see if we can get a consensus I suppose, but lets see if any of the initial ones I have created will work for the group as a whole first...

markjohn
May 14th, 2018, 12:15
Anytime after 5pm during the week at this moment is fine for me.

Lord Kavos
May 14th, 2018, 14:07
JTB & Jason, I have invited you guys to the calendar if you would like to select the game times

JTB
May 14th, 2018, 19:46
Will the first session be a session? I know I could use some help setting up the character.

Lord Kavos
May 15th, 2018, 00:58
I think it will be more a 0 session - creating characters and Anne a sample combat encounter so so see the rules in action

SoupViking
May 15th, 2018, 02:55
I would like to join you on this venture, time willing.

Lord Kavos
May 15th, 2018, 03:48
No worries, click on the calendar link & sign up for the times that work for you - hopefully u can make it where every one else can play as well...

Lord Kavos
May 15th, 2018, 05:01
Here is a link to a compilation of Star Wars character templates you can choose from...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qvaHTYJYWWnAAYJuqAi6YOQh7bm6QERw/view

However be mindful of my restriction of the various jedi templates, and I may veto some templates because they don't suit the campaign (they have to be applicable for Rebellion era play).

SoupViking
May 15th, 2018, 21:08
After reviewing the times allotted, I am unable to join. It's too early in the day for my time zone. I'd be at work on the Friday times, and engaged with the family during the Saturday times. If it ever moves, then I hope I am able to revisit the idea of joining.

Lord Kavos
May 16th, 2018, 03:41
I will add up some more sample times to see if that works for people - Mark & I are in Australia, if we look at evenings for us on a Monday, that would mean sunday mornings for the rest of you - would that work?

Have a look at the calendar & vote to let me know.

SoupViking
May 16th, 2018, 04:18
I'm 14 hours behind you. Your Monday evening is my Monday morning. I don't think it's going to work out for me. Wish it would. I've been playing D6 Star Wars since 1987.

Lord Kavos
May 16th, 2018, 04:44
My issue is my weekend nights I have to keep free for gigs...its the main time for my line of work...

Although Monday mornings would work for me i doubt they would work for Mark...

SoupViking
May 16th, 2018, 04:46
It's cool man. I'll just keep looking. Have fun.

Lord Kavos
May 17th, 2018, 01:24
ok looks there are are at least 3-4 of us for the 1st session - so we will go with the session with the most votes.

This week's session will mostly be a 0 session - so you can get your characters made & entered into FG. If that doesnt take too long then we will start the adventure too...

Looking forward to starting this one up!

Artaron
May 17th, 2018, 10:11
Hi there, sent a PM.
I've applied to the calendar, and hope to join depending on final time.

Lord Kavos
May 17th, 2018, 12:39
Ok guys, so at this stage we have a split down the middle of the available play times...

I have deleted the other times on the calendar, can you all have a look at the 2 times (different days) & see if you can make it to the other one (the one you haven’t voted for).

At this stage I probably prefer the 2nd one myself, it would mean an earlier start in the morning for me but that is actually better than the later start on the day before.

Ramza & mark, can you guys make the 2nd session at all? (Starts 4 hours earlier on the next day)

Ram Tyr
May 17th, 2018, 14:29
I'm in for the first session, out for the second session.

I could still make the first session if it began an hour earlier. Nothing I can do about your second session.

Lord Kavos
May 17th, 2018, 15:35
ok so what about you guys jason & Artaron?

Can you guys make the 1st session at all, or a variant thereof?

It sucks having to choose between them, JTB can play either so he's good, but either session 2 of you miss out, so if we can find some sort of middle ground we can all make I would be happy.

In the end if we can't then I will have to make a decision, just want to give you guys the chance to all play if possible...

jasonthelamb
May 17th, 2018, 19:00
Of the times you listed, the only one I can do is Saturday afternoon EDT - as I am DMing Friday night EDT.

Would love to play, but also I understand the time zone difficulties. If we decide on the Saturday game time, let me know!

JTB
May 18th, 2018, 03:19
I can make either time work.

markjohn
May 18th, 2018, 06:51
I'll be a little grogy still but will be able to make that time

Lord Kavos
May 18th, 2018, 07:18
Hi all,

Ok we are a go for the 2nd session, unfortunately 1 player cannot make that timeslot because of a commitment to another game, but in the end the time works better for me anyway too.

I have deleted the other timeslot, so have a look at the calendar entry now - thats when the 1st session will start. We can maybe look at pushing back the start by an hour or so in the future to not make it quite so early for you & me Mark, but at this stage I will start the session on the date & time advised & we can discuss it from there.

Our first session will most likely be character creation & entry into the FG server, but I don't think that will take all session so we may get into some play as well if everyone is ready.

Looking forward to the game, will see you all on Saturday night (Sunday morning for me & Mark).

My FG server details are in my signature below, as well as the teamspeak address and password (look for the Shards of Destiny channel to find me).

JTB
May 18th, 2018, 13:38
So 2 pm tomorrow. Are we using your teamspeak server and your FG server?

Lord Kavos
May 18th, 2018, 13:45
Check the calendar to make sure of the time, not sure how far behind me u are.

Servers as listed in my signature.

Note: For me the session is 30 hours away from this post...

Lord Kavos
May 21st, 2018, 13:01
Hi guys,

I have put the entry for the next session on the calendar. Moved the start time back 1 hour as discussed.

For any others reading this, there is still a couple of places available to join this campaign, please have a look at the calendar entry (i have included the link again below) and see if you can make the timeslot.

The 1st adventure is 1/2 way through, and at an excellent point to introduce any new players as the PCs rush to escape the passenger liner 'The Last Chance' as Imperial troops boarding parties search for their target among the refugee population, dealing harshly with all that stand in their way...

Calendar Link: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=3081

RabidAttackGoat
May 22nd, 2018, 17:24
I've just spotted your group, and I'd love to join. I'm based in the UK (BST) and your group on Fridays fall at 9pm which is perfect for me. Only trouble is that this weekend is my daughter's birthday party and I'm probably going to be unavailable for the 25th due to preparations. Please let me know if there is any chance I can join you another week down the line?

For info, I have played D6 Star Wars a few times many many moons ago, but you may as well treat me like a newbie because I will be learning it again ;) (I grabbed the rulebook for a review)

Let me know, and no worries if I'm too much trouble :D

Lord Kavos
May 23rd, 2018, 23:04
Hi rabid, my apologies but I had put in the wrong date for the session,should be your Saturday (not Friday), same time though.

Do you think you would still be able to make it?

Sorry for the confusion guys, calendar is fixed & has correct date & time now.

RabidAttackGoat
May 23rd, 2018, 23:35
Saturdays would also work for me, although again because of this party I'll most likely be unavailable on the 26th but good to go after that. 😀

Lord Kavos
May 23rd, 2018, 23:50
That shouldn’t be an issue, the pcs are trying to same as many refugees as they can on their ship, so I will just have to make sure your new pc is among them...

RabidAttackGoat
May 24th, 2018, 08:54
Can you let me know (pm?) me what races/classes you have and I'll choose something to complement the group? I dont want to duplicate. I was thinking maybe an arrogant noble, bounty hunter or outlaw. There's lots of good choices here.

Lord Kavos
May 24th, 2018, 14:11
All good, either of those 3 options will work. So far we have an all human party, minor jedi, smuggler and outlaw tech, so either of those three will fit in nicely.

RabidAttackGoat
May 24th, 2018, 23:55
Alright I think I might do the noble, a human female. Let me know if you want a character description or anything. I'll have a think about her background in the meantime ��

Lord Kavos
May 25th, 2018, 01:49
Yep include all you want, make sure you come up with a quote for your PC, bonus character point rewards for players that have creative quotes & use them in game...

RabidAttackGoat
May 25th, 2018, 15:03
I sent you a bit of character background via PM (2 messages because I apparently wrote an essay and hit the character limit). I'll work on my character sheet at some point today. Let me know if you need any further details to start ;)

Lord Kavos
May 25th, 2018, 16:01
Welcome to Shards of Destiny...I replied to your PMs, forgot to say Force Sensitive all good - could work in very well ;-)

Game is currently up (working on campaign), so you welcome to jump on the server if you like.

Im on teamspeak also playing around with sounds so you can join me for a chat if you like, just got home from a gig & not tired...

Lord Kavos
May 26th, 2018, 20:18
Server is up...

Lord Kavos
May 27th, 2018, 14:20
[Holo-Net ] Special News Bulletin #1

-----------------------BEGIN TRANSMISSION-------------------------

This is Kasy Starrider reporting for HoloNet News….

In a disturbing move yesterday, a rebel force has attacked a passenger convoy headed for the outer rim. One of the older cruise liners, ‘The Last Chance' was completely destroyed during the attack. Other ships in the convoy suffered less damage, but the incident has traumatised the thousands of passengers on board. Most of the 'Last Chance's' passengers managed to survive by cramming into overcrowded escape pods, but hundreds are feared dead as a result of the ruthless attacks by the rebels.

The Imperial medical frigate "Mercy" arrived quickly in system to render aid, and has since been treating the survivors for injuries suffered during the attack and also treating them for radiation sickness due to failing shielding on the obsolete escape pods. In a brief interview, Grand Moff Garnel Riiksen condemmed the rebel attacks and called upon all citizens of the New Order to come forward with any information that could lead to the attackers arrests.

"We cannot continue to allow these rebels to hide in our cities, launching attack after attack against us. We urge all citizens of the empire to keep an eye open for rebel sympathisers and report all suspicious activities to their local imperial office. We must all stand united against these terrorists."

Emperor Palpatine has not been available for comment, but thousands of letters have been addressed to the galactic senate calling for more to be done to stop these attacks on civilian vessels. At this time, it is uncertain what response will be from the leader of the galaxy, who seems the only person capable of getting the senate to agree on this issue and get something done about the problem.
This is Kasy Starrider, signing off.

----------------------END TRANSMISSION------------------------------

Lord Kavos
May 27th, 2018, 15:20
And sorry to leave you hanging for more guys, but looks like I will have to cancel next's week's session sorry, playing a gig across town & staying over the night so wont make it back in time to run sorry...

Looks like you will have to wait another week sorry Meg...

RabidAttackGoat
May 27th, 2018, 22:26
Tricksy imperial propaganda!! ;) Hopefully we all made it and weren't too radiation-contaminated.

I can't say I'm not disappointed, but don't worry I will be waiting patiently!! ;)

Lord Kavos
May 31st, 2018, 00:34
I will throw the idea out there to you, I can’t run on our scheduled day, but I could run same time the day after if that works...

I will put an entry in the calendar, but will only run if everyone is in.

Still waiting to hear back from mark, if he doesn’t get back to me soon we will proceed without him, so if the rest of u are available check the calendar...

jasonthelamb
May 31st, 2018, 01:34
Hey Kavos - Sunday is right in the middle of my board game day, so I won't be around. However, if you're itching to play and the other two are around, feel free to play me! Gonna spend some time getting the ship fixed.

Lord Kavos
May 31st, 2018, 03:27
all good buddy, if you are out then we will leave it for a week...

Ship repairs are of the utmost importance, that object in hyperspace damaged the ship badly & you are currently drifting in space on minimal power, so without them you aren't going anywhere...

RabidAttackGoat
May 31st, 2018, 16:59
Id be okay for Sunday but if Jason can't make it then np. I voted yes on the calendar entry, anyway. Let me know ��

JTB
June 1st, 2018, 13:35
I can do Sunday, but if Rennack can not make it that is fine.

RabidAttackGoat
June 3rd, 2018, 19:29
Just checking since the date is still on the group's calendar page, is this on tonite or not? ��

Lord Kavos
June 3rd, 2018, 22:52
Not on , would have run if everyone was available, but one couldn’t make it.

I will put up the calendar tile for the next session today.

alacfitz
June 6th, 2018, 01:07
Interested ... Played star wars RPG a few times and had fun. Not as solidly based in the mechanics of the system as I am in DnD but functional. Playtimes would need to be night PST.

Like playing the pilot or navigator, 45 years old, and ready to play. Have none of the source materials so will need a pointer for character creation.

Alacrity Fitzhugh

Lord Kavos
June 6th, 2018, 01:20
Hi alacfitz, you are welcome to join us - check out the calendar link here & see if you can make the time of our next session - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=3081

alacfitz
June 6th, 2018, 01:53
PDT is PST right... So you guys play noon pacific time? My work schedule makes that a bit of a problem, but if I am wrong I would like ot set up a time to character create in FG. Brash Pilot is the arch type I would like to build.

Alacrity Fitzhugh

Lord Kavos
June 6th, 2018, 01:59
Hi alacfitz, you are welcome to join us - check out the calendar link here & see if you can make the time of our next session - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=3081

As long as you have set up your own timezone for your log in for the forums it should show the correct time for you. As we are from all over the world, it has been difficult to find a time we can all play, so at this stage that session time is the one we have been going with. We can delay the start by an hour or so if that helps at all, but wouldnt be a drastic change from the time on the calendar.

Just so you know that time is 5am on a sunday for me...

JTB
June 7th, 2018, 12:31
FYI I will Not be able to make it this week. Unexpected family outing came up. Feel free to use Max and R5 to get the ship fixed. Sorry

Lord Kavos
June 7th, 2018, 23:07
No worries JTB - at this stage I am loathe to cancel another session, so if we have Jason & Meg at least I will run the session this week & have Max focussing on repairs - we may not run a full session, but will see how we go.

Though I got a msg from Jason saying he may be late, outside chance he wont make it at all.

So I will put up the server at the usual time & see how we go...

RabidAttackGoat
June 7th, 2018, 23:29
I'm still planning on being there :)

Dark Beast
June 9th, 2018, 06:05
Greetings! Jason told me about your game and I'm certainly interested. Been ages since I played the WEG D6 Star Wars game. But very interested in doing so again. :)

Lord Kavos
June 9th, 2018, 19:48
Server is up all...

RabidAttackGoat
June 10th, 2018, 09:44
Thanks for the great session Kavos. What a tough first battle against some seasoned bounty hunters, but we managed to best them despite seeing a lot of 1's on our dice (special thanks to my noble for NO HELP WHATSOEVER other than target practice for the rodians, she's going to be angry when she sees what they've done to her hair!). Hopefully our engineer and captain can get this junker moving before those trandoshans lose their minds and string up our wookie!!

Sorry again for being a slacker and turning up late!!!

Lord Kavos
June 10th, 2018, 10:54
No worries...

Both Jason’s, most of the session was setting up the new pcs, then they stopped a mutiny by a group of the refugees while you 2 have been trying to fix the ship (you need parts).

Then after getting the sensors online the group discovered a ship approaching, which attaches to your top hatch & a couple of rodian bounty hunters emerged. They attacked, but your new pc friends were able to deal with the experienced pair - who are now unconscious and tied up.

But the good news is their ship is still attached, a possible source of parts for your crippled vessel which should enable you to jury-rig something to get her moving. And with the sensors working, you have also learned that Darknon Station is nearby, which may hopefully provide a refuge & a chance to get your ship fixed properly if you can limp her there...

JTB
June 10th, 2018, 14:41
Glad to hear you had a great session. Max and R5 will get working right away on barrowing parts needed from the other ship.

Plutwo
June 10th, 2018, 17:44
Could we use the starfighter to tow the transport to the station?

Plutwo
June 10th, 2018, 17:52
And Elisara was helpful in assisting me deflate any momentum our fellow passengers had of shooting our current captain out the airlock while the Wookie stood behind us wiggling his claws in our general direction.

Then Elisara fought bravely, staring down the barrels of two very experienced bug-eyed hired guns. I’m not sure what those things were but they were almost as good as me and I’ve been in the bounty hunting game for nearly a century.

At first I doubted the Wookie would be much help, he started off the fight wiggling his claws again and standing in my way making it difficult to shoot and stun the bug-eyed invaders. The Wookie turned it around though and managed to lay one of them out with a right hook while I brought down the other.

Maybe the Wookie is a mime or performer by profession? Don’t know.

Plutwo
June 12th, 2018, 04:22
What was the make of the starfighter that docked with us?

Lord Kavos
June 12th, 2018, 08:42
It is a modified skipray blastboat.

Calendar has been updated with the next session too all...

JTB
June 15th, 2018, 17:05
So Lord Kavos will you post the stats for the skipray? Would we want to keep it? If memory serves right the Skipray is a nice star fighter. I am pretty sure though it does not have a tractor beam. I am pretty sure The 23 does not have a tow rope. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Plutwo
June 15th, 2018, 17:28
Hopefully we can tow it or be towed by it. Or while docked with each other, one ship could drag the other along.

The way I see it, by defeating those hired guns, that starship belongs to the Wookie, Elisara, and myself.

I’m sure it is a fine combat vessel. I’m also sure it could be sold for a fine amount of credits. Either is fine with me.

JTB
June 15th, 2018, 17:42
Or when we get to a star port I could try and add some of the skiprays weaponry to the 23. The we can try and sell the remaining amount.

RabidAttackGoat
June 16th, 2018, 12:36
Just to let you know I'm still set to come tonite (we're on holiday, but kids have to be in bed by 8pm my time so what better to do than RP?). However just pre-warning that I am paranoid of wifi-woes. I'm currently working to idiot proof this before game time, but if I disappear at any point during the game it will be because customer service is a bunch of idiots :D

jasonthelamb
June 16th, 2018, 14:54
Hopefully we can tow it or be towed by it. Or while docked with each other, one ship could drag the other along.

The way I see it, by defeating those hired guns, that starship belongs to the Wookie, Elisara, and myself.

I’m sure it is a fine combat vessel. I’m also sure it could be sold for a fine amount of credits. Either is fine with me.

Well, the way I see it - you're aboard the 23, so - you're going to pay a fee, right? :)

Lord Kavos
June 16th, 2018, 19:49
Hi all, think the TS server for FG is still down (it was yesterday), so using discord.

my channel link here: https://discord.gg/BkbApS

Lord Kavos
June 18th, 2018, 02:16
Good session yesterday all...even though we had no combat encounters.

I like the discussion regarding the ship(s) ownership - just remember salvage rights doesn't equate to ownership to BOSS (Bureau of Ship Services) - so legal sale of the skipray is out of the question. But by scrapping the skipray & salvaging parts for The Twenty Three is a way around those pesky imperial regulations...although you may have to pay fines / fees for any additions (i.e. shields, weapons or the tractor beam)...

On that note, Max has hit it off pretty good with the Duros station engineer Olev Madak - he has offered to do the repairs on the 23 (extensive repairs required - approx 15-20,000 credits worth needed) using parts from the Rodian's skipray for a fraction of the cost (only 500 credits to cover fuel & other consumables). Max has negotiated the salvage rights to Madak for the skipray in kind, minus 2 components that will be installed on the 23. So Rennek, seeing the 23 is your ship (at least at the moment lol), you can decide which 2 components you would like installed from the following:

* Improved Sensors: Passive: 35/1D Scan: 60/1D+2 Search: 100/2D Focus: 3/2D+2
* Shield Generators: 2D
* Hull Upgrade: +1D
* Engine Upgrade/Replacement: Space 8 (note this would be an extensive upgrade & will add 1 week to repair time)
* Tractor Beam: Fire Control: 4D Space range: 1-3/8/12 Damage: 4D (note reduction of the damage by 2D because the 23's power plant not as big as the skipray's)
* Medium Ion Cannon: Fire Control: 3D Space Range: 1-3/12/25 Damage: 4D (note this is capital scale on the skipray but will only be starfighter scale on the 23 due to power plant restrictions)
* Proton Torpedo Launcher: Fire Control: 2D Space Range: 1/3/7 Damage: 9D (note only 1 torpedo left in the skipray)
* 2 Laser Cannons (fire-linked) Turret: Fire Control: 1D Space Range: 1-3/12/25 Damage: 5D

So at this stage there will be some down time between last session & the next one (note I am unavailable next week due to a gig sorry guys). At this stage 4 days will have passed as repairs of the 23 are underway - you are able to spend the time onboard Darknon Station.

There are approximately another 20-30 people in total on the old, run down station other than yourselves & the refugees you brought with you. A majority of these are squatters that have taken up residence in the hostel over time, plus a few other spacers on short stop overs. Already a few of the refugees from the Last Chance have negotiated passage with a the other spacers, and the others have moved into the station's hostel & making the rooms their own. Sergeant Nethius (the solitary customs agent) is still his jovial self, you have encountered him a couple more times as he chit-chats with the refugees & other station layabouts/visitors.

So you all can have a think on how you would like to spend the downtime, Max is most likely working on the 23 with the Duros engineer, I gather Rennek is probably doing the same. The station is not all that big, so you could do some exploring if you like too - if that's the case let me know & I will paraphrase your findings in another post. If there is anything else your characters would like to try to do let me know also, and i will see what I can work out.

jasonthelamb
June 18th, 2018, 03:13
I can tell you, for sure, that it is non-negotiable for Rennek to negotiate the ownership of the 23. He'd rather work for the 20,000 credits himself rather than offer any ownership portions of his ship, especially to complete strangers.

Rennek didn't ask for anyone's money/items when he allowed everybody onto his ship to escape, free of cost (including Rennek getting shot and wounded along the way).

EDIT: If you still want me to choose the two, Speed is a for certain - and I am thinking Shield Generators - though I am unfamiliar with space combat and how effective 2D shields would be.

Would the weapons be in addition to the turret we have?

Dark Beast
June 18th, 2018, 03:37
As "Growl" noted to the others... Captain Rennek did rescue us from the Imperials by letting us escape on his ship rather than saving his own skin. And that escape led to the damage to the ship.

The refugees he saved depleted his supplies as well. Meaning he had less supplies for himself and Max as they worked on getting the ship functional. Given he owed us nothing he could have opened the cargo hatch and spaced us all.

I don't see how we have a logical claim on the Skipray Blastboat or can use it to bargain for part ownership of his ship. If anything we owe him for our survival. I'm sure he could easily demand some reward.

Growl's loyalty is gonna be with Rennek... not only due to the rescue but the earlier rescue involving the 4 Trandoshans. Especially given our Bounty Hunter friend has an Imperial Peacekeeper License.

Given the fact he's hiding his Jedi status and likely worth a lot of credits to the Empire he's not going to trust the Bounty Hunter. Especially if he sees the Trandoshan Wookie Hide necklace that he purchased.

JTB
June 18th, 2018, 03:45
Max is just happy wrenching. He will make a recommendation to Rennek that shields would be nice...and the turret or the medium ion cannon ( I am pretty sure ion cannons effect capital ships not sure if they affect smaller ships). If they could have added a third choice he would said the tractor beam.

jasonthelamb
June 18th, 2018, 03:49
I was thinking Speed and Shields, though I, Jason, am unfamiliar with how SW WEG works, and what would be the best.

Dark Beast
June 18th, 2018, 04:17
If the other Jedi player isn't going to return we need to figure out how to handle that as well. Cause I can't afford 5K credits that's for sure.

Lord Kavos
June 18th, 2018, 05:47
I think we can assume Mark is not coming back, as I have not heard back from him in a while & he has not replied to my messages at all...

So during the downtime on Darknon station, when you are all together at Rennek's ship, you are approached by Joseph (Mark's PC), who has the young girl Tabella with him.

"My friends, it is time we must part ways. I have been thinking about our recent events these past few days, about my calling and the charge that has been left to us by Qabon Tyen (he places a hand on Tabella's shoulder). The force has spoken to me...young Tabella here cannot fall into the hands of the Empire, the dark side of the force will surely claim her if this occurs. I sense that your destiny draws you towards conflict with the Empire, and should we remain with you then the chances of Tabella being discovered will only increase until we are unable to stop them from claiming her."

"So i have decided to take Tabella's safety as my primary charge. I shall take up the burden left to us by the jedi knight, and see personally to her well being. I have already secured passage for us from this station, for our safety I will not divulge how or where we will go. I do not know if our paths will cross again. I thank you for all that you have done for myself and Tabella to now."

At this point, young Tabella moves over to Growl and reaches out for his hand. Without words her voice echoes in your minds, in the way she has spoken with her mind to some of you before.

"Master says the force is strong in you, I can hear him speak to me even though he is gone now. He wants you to have what was his, knows that you will need it in your future."

Turning to Joseph, Tabella speaks with her mind again.

"Master says you already have that which you need...another serves you no purpose. But this one (pointing to Growl) will need it if he is to fulfill his destiny."

Somewhat reluctantly, Joseph reaches into his clothes & draws out a long, cylindrical device & holds it out for Growl to take.

"I thought this was meant for myself, or Tabella when she is old enough. But I now see that the force speaks to us in mysterious ways, and our meeting on the Last Chance was no coincidence. May the spirit of Qabon Tyen guide you with your journey in the force."

Joseph hands Qabon's lightsaber to Growl.

"Now we must leave, our transport is about to depart. Be well my friends, and know that I we will remember your actions and kindness. May the force be with you all..."

With those last words, Joesph and Tabella depart, perhaps never to be seen again...

jasonthelamb
June 18th, 2018, 06:28
Hey Kavos - also, if possible, I'd like to look for any "odd jobs" on the station. The ship is empty, and (as far as I know), we don't have anything on our plate... I'd look for both legal and illegal things - unsure if the ship has hidden compartments (or if that's an upgrade I need to beg Max for).

Also, it may be a good idea to make an "RP" channel on the discord? That way we can communicate on discord and RP stuff (like what you posted) doesn't get lost.

Lord Kavos
June 18th, 2018, 06:46
good idea about the discord channel - I have created one under my discord page:

https://discord.gg/ntS6EnS

At the moment your ship is still getting repaired, you can start to ask about the station for any jobs, but apart from Gulek Lohn (the cantina proprietor) who says he needs foodstuffs, there doesn't see to be a lot of opportunities for profit on this old decrepit station...

Smuggler compartments are another upgrade that can be done to your ship, but that is something you may have to look to get done in the future. You could also transplant the holding cells that are on the skipray (the owners were bounty hunters after all), but that would count as one of your 'free upgrades' & I doubt they would be of much use to you (and would take up cargo space).

JTB
June 18th, 2018, 22:34
I add a couple of times that work for me this week since we can not run Saturday. I can start later on either day also.

RabidAttackGoat
June 19th, 2018, 12:15
I add a couple of times that work for me this week since we can not run Saturday. I can start later on either day also.

Either of those is ok with me although Thursday is better.

Also wanted to put in re: the ship, that Elisara feels indebted to Rennek and Max for her safety, doubly so for also having taken on the group of refugees she was with. She'd have no idea what to do with a part-stake in a ship, nor does she feel entitled to it. She is willing to help pay for the repairs on the ship and to replace supplies in exchange for continuing passage until she finds a port of call where she is satisfied to disembark more permanently. C

Elisara spends the next few days chatting casually to some of the more permanent residents of the station, and having a nosey about the Galaxy Shop. She also keeps an eye out for any visiting traders who might have food supplies for sale to help replenish the Rodians supplies, and endear herself to them to get better prices on his behalf if she can. She carefully explores other areas of the station but is careful to stay near-ish to her comrades, or leave her commlink open if they are not nearby. She checks fairly frequently on Max's progress, and always asks if she can be of assistance, no matter how small a way. She seems fairly restless now that they are not faced with impending doom, and wears a melancholy look on her face when she thinks noone is looking.

Lord Kavos
June 19th, 2018, 13:10
Yea I can’t do the 1st one, maybe the second one - that’s the morning I’m leaving to head up north, but I may be able to run for a few hours before I leave.

Again it’s only an option if everyone is available...

jasonthelamb
June 19th, 2018, 13:44
I will be at work until 5PM today (2 hours after start time), however if everyone is around and they want to play - I can have my discord up and answer any questions to me in text.

Plutwo
June 19th, 2018, 22:37
Well, the way I see it - you're aboard the 23, so - you're going to pay a fee, right? :)

You seem to be forgetting that a mutiny was stopped on your ship before it was started. Then, two highly skilled bounty hunters were brought down after they boarded your derelict ship, but before they could raid it.

Plutwo
June 19th, 2018, 22:39
Yea I can’t do the 1st one, maybe the second one - that’s the morning I’m leaving to head up north, but I may be able to run for a few hours before I leave.

Again it’s only an option if everyone is available...

Unfortunately I won’t be able to make Thursday.

jasonthelamb
June 19th, 2018, 23:02
You seem to be forgetting that a mutiny was stopped on your ship before it was started. Then, two highly skilled bounty hunters were brought down after they boarded your derelict ship, but before they could raid it.

you seem to be forgetting about everything that happened before that...

Plutwo
June 19th, 2018, 23:13
you seem to be forgetting about everything that happened before that...

How could I forget? I wasn’t there for anything before that. I wasn’t playing yet.

What I do remember is that we’ve saved your ship twice, captured an even more valuable ship, towed your derelict ship into the nearest station, and are getting your nearly totaled ship repaired and vastly upgraded for practically free.

But I did manage to snag a hair necklace and a pair of handcuffs so my Darknon Station Ye Old Kink Shoppe is nearly off the ground.

jasonthelamb
June 19th, 2018, 23:27
How could I forget? I wasn’t there for anything before that. I wasn’t playing yet.

What I do remember is that we’ve saved your ship twice, captured an even more valuable ship, towed your derelict ship into the nearest station, and are getting your nearly totaled ship repaired and vastly upgraded for practically free.

But I did manage to snag a hair necklace and a pair of handcuffs so my Darknon Station Ye Old Kink Shoppe is nearly off the ground.

So you shouldn’t be penalized for not being there is what you’re saying if I’m correct. Sounds like a bit of a double standard?

Lord Kavos
June 19th, 2018, 23:41
They certainly could have left colph on the last chance...but of course it is up to you how your pc handles the whole situation - nothing like a bit of tension to spice up the party lol...

Plutwo
June 19th, 2018, 23:43
So you shouldn’t be penalized for not being there is what you’re saying if I’m correct. Sounds like a bit of a double standard?

If I’m ever absent for a few sessions, and when I come back things have gotten not only better for the group, but drastically better specifically for my character in the story/RP sense, I’d be showing my fellow players gratitude and appreciation for a job well done.

Lord Kavos
June 28th, 2018, 01:37
I all,

Sorry for the quiet week, been a bit busy...

i have put up the next session time on the calendar, same day/time as usual this week.

Also stay tuned for a bulletin from Kasy Starider, the galaxy's foremost reporter with a special report live from the galaxy's seat of power...

Lord Kavos
June 28th, 2018, 01:43
[Holo-Net ] Special News Bulletin #2

------------------------BEGIN TRANSMISSION-------------------------

This is Kasy Starrider reporting for HoloNet News…, live from the seat of the galactic senate on Coruscant where a terrible attack has taken place today.

CAMERA PANS - The front steps of the senate chamber is packed with imperial security forces, medics and reporters, along with scores of injured and stunned senators.

In a disturbing move today rebel terrorists have detonated an explosive device within the senate chamber, while the senate was in session discussing the growing instability in the outer regions of the galaxy. While the investigation is still in its infancy, initial reports say the explosion has claimed the lives of at least 15 senators, with another 50+ senators wounded, some still in a serious condition.

At this time there is only sketchy information regarding this unprecedented attack, but several eyewitnesses have reported seeing a small group of senators leaving the site of the blast only moments before the explosion.

Coruscant Security Forces chief Julian Vrek had the following to say at the press conference following today's tragic events.

"We condemn the perpetrators of today's attack on our galaxy's leaders. The actions of the rebellion have forever marred this day, and we will not stop until we have brought those responsible to justice. We are currently searching for senators Bail Organa of Alderaan, Mon Mothma of Chandrilla and Garn Bel-Iblis of Corellia, who are wanted for questioning in connection with today's event and are missing at this time. We are calling upon all concerned citizens to report any sightings of these individuals, who are considered armed and dangerous."

In a not so surprising move Emperor Palpatine has called for sweeping investigations into the activities of several other senators suspected of having ties to the rebellion, and has called off remaining senate sessions while investigators search the blast site for further evidence of those behind this evil deed.

In a statement just received by this network, the Emperor has joined the growing condemnation of the agents responsible for today's massacre.

"I will not allow these rebels to destabilize our democracy that has stood for thousands of years. I want to assure all loyal citizens of the Empire that I will be personally taking control of this investigation and will not stop until those responsible are found and punished for their treasonous actions."

----------------------END TRANSMISSION------------------------------

RabidAttackGoat
June 29th, 2018, 09:47
Looking forward to tomorrow's game :D

RabidAttackGoat
July 1st, 2018, 12:27
Lovely game last night Kavos, as always thanks for the time you put in for us!! And thanks everyone else for taking down out enemies so Elisara didn't perish in a public toilet :D

As it was left last night, our group has at least four options as to our next move:

1. continue on to explore the passage/secret entrance as we were originally trying to do
2. go question our friend Clark Gable the customs officer, who may have sent the bounty hunters after us, and may know more about the movement of Imperial supplies than he lets on
3. Put some pressure on the Rodian bartender of the Stormview lounge, who may possibly be eavesdropping on his patrons and may have some inside information on how he stays so well supplied (Elisara has somewhat endeared herself to him which may help)
4. Do as Gregior the rebel bounty suggested and infiltrate the control tower, using the sensor array to scan the nebula and see what exactly might be going on in there

There may be more options that arent accounted for at this time. I guess we need to discuss how covert/overt we want to be at this time while the Duros engineer is hiding bodies/prisoners for us and someone on the station is clearly out to get us - whilst also planning an escape route for when **** hits the fan (or maybe to slip away quietly).

We also need to watch out for the trandoshans that Colph has "teamed up" with; if they suspect him of trying to pull one over on then by claiming the bounty for himself, they may not be too happy.

Elisara is not a confrontational person so she would choose the path of least shooting/trouble, but she has seen the combat prowess of her comrades and, combined with her recent success with a blaster and her acquisition of some properly fitting armor, she has more confidence now. Still she would argue that talk has served them well so far, and maybe they could get the information they needed by (kindly) questioning the bartender - if we want to expose the fact that there are survivors of this encounter.

Also if we can take the risk, she would like to purchase some medical supplies at the Galaxy Shop, as I neglected to say what she was shopping for in the downtime :P

JTB
July 2nd, 2018, 02:59
Max think the group should do these four tasks in this order 3 (seems as the least likely to cause a gun fight, except for the transdocians), 1 (as that is where Max suspects Clark Gable (2) will be, maybe with some storm troopers). 4 once the group has for the most part secured the station, I mean what are we going to do if we do find something?

inawkwardscience
July 2nd, 2018, 17:40
Would love to know how the ruleset is working for your game!

Lord Kavos
July 2nd, 2018, 23:32

for the most part it is working well...the ruleset is based off the early FG coding so there is some functionality lacking that would make it easier to use, but it is serving our needs pretty well at this stage. The main thing is the wild die function seems to work well, so the core die mechanic is represented and the character sheets allow skill rolls on a double click also so thats handy too.

There is a few little issues with image sizing (need to hold CTRL to resize map/image windows), and doesn't have the grid resizing functionality (so you have to keep clearing & sizing any grids until you get it close), plus other little things like being able to resize the chat window (cant do it other than a manual change in the code). Continually having to set token scales for every map is another slight issue, and players cant see the combat tracker...and there is no way to subtract dice from skill rolls direct from the character sheet for multiple actions (you either make a quick manual change before the roll or use the left/right click on the d6 or hot keys & modifier box to make the different rolls needed).

But these issues are only minor - myself & the players don't seem to be having any major problems, and it is enabling service of the story & game so we are not complaining...

Plutwo
July 4th, 2018, 01:21
I guess there are a few things to find out.

Is the 23 spaceworthy? If we needed to leave in a hurry, could we fly away? In that same vein, if we needed to flee the station, are there any defenses the station has that could be used against us?

The Rodians and Humans that came against us, were they all hired to go after us, or did the Rodians hire the humans to come after us because they hate us?

We need to find out how much, if any, Clark Gable or any other Imps were involved in the attack on us. Are we suddenly wanted by the Empire and if so, why?

What is our Wookie Jedi going to do about a handful of bounty hunters who have seen him use his lightsaber and are currently alive in our custody? Will they be left alive so they can either go to tell the tale or try to claim the Jedi bounty for themselves?

How does our friendly Duros engineer feel about the shootout in his garage? If it turns out we are wanted by the Empire suddenly or if it really was Clark Gable that sent the bounty hunters after us, will the engineer risk his life and livelyhood helping his new pal Max?

Plutwo
July 4th, 2018, 01:50
Colph is pretty good at nicely helping people see the reason in things, but Elisara is even better at convincing people I think.

My suggestion is to find out as much information as we can from the captured bounty hunters as quickly as we can.

My recommendation is to isolate the three human Guild hunters from the only Rodian bounty hunter that didn’t die.

If Elisara and I do some “good cop bad cop” we could probably find out what there is to know quickly enough.

damned
July 4th, 2018, 02:21

for the most part it is working well...the ruleset is based off the early FG coding so there is some functionality lacking that would make it easier to use, but it is serving our needs pretty well at this stage. The main thing is the wild die function seems to work well, so the core die mechanic is represented and the character sheets allow skill rolls on a double click also so thats handy too.

There is a few little issues with image sizing (need to hold CTRL to resize map/image windows), and doesn't have the grid resizing functionality (so you have to keep clearing & sizing any grids until you get it close), plus other little things like being able to resize the chat window (cant do it other than a manual change in the code). Continually having to set token scales for every map is another slight issue, and players cant see the combat tracker...and there is no way to subtract dice from skill rolls direct from the character sheet for multiple actions (you either make a quick manual change before the roll or use the left/right click on the d6 or hot keys & modifier box to make the different rolls needed).

But these issues are only minor - myself & the players don't seem to be having any major problems, and it is enabling service of the story & game so we are not complaining...

I think I have ironed out the bugs in a WEGd6 roller for MoreCore

Rolls 1 wild die + variable number of standard d6.
Wild 6s explode.
Wild 1s subtract the 1 and the highest single other die.
Is that correct?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23887

Lord Kavos
July 4th, 2018, 02:34
That is correct...what’s the big & little bonuses?

Lord Kavos
July 4th, 2018, 02:35
I think in the current ruleset it shows the extra dice for the exploding rolls as well...

damned
July 4th, 2018, 04:12
That is correct...what’s the big & little bonuses?

I think in the current ruleset it shows the extra dice for the exploding rolls as well...

I was just testing modifiers - I was told you could have modifiers as well as variable numbers of dice...

My exploding script doesnt show all the dice - a 17 is obviously a 6+6+5 but those individual dice are not shown.

I was just tossing it as I saw your and unnatural 20s posts above and I just wrote the script yesterday.

A ruleset designed for the system is quite likely to have better overall closeness. MoreCore may give you some of the other features.

Lord Kavos
July 4th, 2018, 05:27
Cool appreciate the effort mate...

inawkwardscience
July 4th, 2018, 15:52
for the most part it is working well...the ruleset is based off the early FG coding so there is some functionality lacking that would make it easier to use, but it is serving our needs pretty well at this stage. The main thing is the wild die function seems to work well, so the core die mechanic is represented and the character sheets allow skill rolls on a double click also so thats handy <snip>

That sounds totally do-able! I pre-ordered the re-released books from FFG and would love to play on Fantasy grounds vs Roll20. Thanks for posting and replying, love reading about your game.

RabidAttackGoat
July 5th, 2018, 00:21
Colph is pretty good at nicely helping people see the reason in things, but Elisara is even better at convincing people I think.

My suggestion is to find out as much information as we can from the captured bounty hunters as quickly as we can.

My recommendation is to isolate the three human Guild hunters from the only Rodian bounty hunter that didn’t die.

If Elisara and I do some “good cop bad cop” we could probably find out what there is to know quickly enough.

I like this and Elisara would definitely be up for it!!

JTB
July 7th, 2018, 19:53
I had something come up at the last minute. I will not be able to join possibly at all. Sorry for the last minute message.

Plutwo
July 8th, 2018, 20:21
Another fun game yesterday. Can’t wait to see what we learn from the research station.

JTB
July 9th, 2018, 02:21
Sorry I missed it. I had an insurance adjuster make an appointment at the last minute, to look at some water damage we had in our basement from a couple weeks ago. It took almost an hour and half before she left.

Lord Kavos
July 9th, 2018, 03:13
All good buddy...the party interrogated one of the bounty hunters, then proceeded to break into the station control centre at the behest of the rebel agent (stunning the controller into a deep coma lol) & using the station's sensors to search the nebula for Imperial activity. They found some sore of structure in the nebula, able to narrow down its coordinates but the nebula gasses didn't allow a precise search.

The party then proceeded to investigate the secret hangar you had heard about, finding a bulk cruiser docked there & a bunch of stormtroopers & an officer talking with the station security agent (Sgt Nethius, or Clark Gable as the party has been calling him lol). After some discussion about the perceived difficulty of docking with an imperial facility hidden in a volatile nebula, the party decided to hide in some crates so they could sneak onboard the bulk freighter.

After an hour or so the freighter has docked with the research station inside the nebula, you have all sneaked out of the docking area & are now hiding in a stairwell, planning your next move as you look to investigate what the empire is up to here...

Plutwo
July 9th, 2018, 15:51
Also I traded a tiny blaster for a poncho, so it was a pretty good day.

RabidAttackGoat
July 10th, 2018, 15:26
After stowing away in some crates containing empty gas canisters, we were delivered to a secret facility of some sort, hidden in the nebula. On leaving our hiding places, we found ourselves in a storage room on the "lowest" level of the facility. We confirmed that the imperials were indeed filling the canisters and shipping them off the station, but are still unsure of what they're being filled with. Based on earlier recollection from Growl about this nebula, we suspect that at least one of the products may be tibanna gas. With our sneaky rebel friend Gregior's help, we are able to move out of storage without being seen, and ascend one level where we found a corridor of laboratories with a few scientists milling about. The stairwell ascends further to at least one other level. We decided that the humans of our party might be able to move about with a bit more freedom if we could find some of the white laboratory coveralls to disguise ourselves with. We were left hiding in the stairwell for the time being.

We need to think ahead to a few other things: Depending on what we find out they are doing here, will we simply escape to inform Gregior's superiors? Or are we going to perform some sort of act of sabotage (we may have quite a bit of explosive material to work with, lol)?

Also regarding escape: It sounds as if we may be able to escape via the same route we came in (on the freighter) but that our window is closing - the officer was saying that they only had one final shipment to make, so the ship will not be visiting with regularity any longer. Do we want to use an escape pod(s) or risk stealing a ship? I'd be hesitant to call in Rennik and the Twenty Three as I would assume this outpost likely has more than just a concealing nebula to keep unwanted folk away from it. They would be flying into an unknown shitstorm to pick us up.

I know that we have some discoveries to make before we can decide a course of action, and that some of what happens will be down to Gregior and the Resistance's goals...but doesn't hurt to sketch out a Plan A and B and then improvise X, Y and Z later if need be! :D

Also congrats to Growl on using his quote :D Way to get it in there!

Plutwo
July 10th, 2018, 15:55
Tibanna gas is definitely explosive. At the research station I doubt they are just harvesting the gas and then shipping it out.

They appear to be working with the gas and the end result that is being shipped out may not be normal tibanna gas.

Since it seems the Imps only plan on doing one more shipment, we may be too late to stop whatever they are doing here and sabotaging the very last shipment may not make any difference to their plans.

As far as I know, Gregior’s plan was to find out if the research station exists, if it does then find it, then if found shut it down. We’ve done two of those things and once the last shipment leaves the Imps may shut the station down themselves.

I suppose there is always the possibility that the Imp logistics team meant this is the last shipment for THEM, then they will rotate out and a new logistical team will rotate in to keep the gas flowing.

I guess overall we just need to get as much additional information as we can. If this is a station the Imps plan on abandoning soon, quietly waiting for the Imps to leave and then taking the station for the Rebellion to replicate the Empire’s research may be nice.

If the Imps plan on continuing to use the station then stealing their research and destroying the station would be cool.

I’m not sure what our options are for getting off the station though, and fighting through a platoon of Stormtroopers doesn’t seem like a good idea. Plus we don’t know what security forces if any are based in the station or if they have any patrol ships outside the station.

Plutwo
July 11th, 2018, 21:23
If our characters were in a Star Wars novel or movie, we’d be able to come up with, or stumble upon, a way to tamper with the Tibanna gas that goes out in the last shipment. Contaminating it in some way so that when it is used in hyperdrives or weapons or whatever by the Empire, something we added to the mixture causes a chain reaction that results in a heck of an explosion.

Lord Kavos
July 11th, 2018, 23:57
but you are in the movies buddy...Shards of Destiny!

RabidAttackGoat
July 15th, 2018, 14:57
Thank you Kavos for quite an exciting and action-packed session! I felt myself break out in a cold sweat when the first group of stormtroopers turned up, and didn't truly relax until we'd secured the ship. It was truly a shame that Rennik could not rejoin us, and that his character has departed for other ventures now.

I was telling the other half about our most recent venture, and I think his interest is piqued. I am trying to convince him to join, but he thinks he isn't a very good roleplayer and is a bit more shy of new folk than myself, so I suggested maybe he join us for a session on TS and watch FG over my shoulder to prove you're nice guys and see what we're up to :D What do you think? ;)

Plutwo
July 15th, 2018, 15:03
Sounds good to me.

RabidAttackGoat
July 15th, 2018, 15:16
Oops!

Lord Kavos
July 16th, 2018, 14:36
I’m good with that if the rest of the group is...though tell him the only way to get the true experience is to dive straight in...

Plutwo
July 17th, 2018, 20:12
Colph slowly wanders up and down the cramped, barely lit corridors as the bulk freighter slowly but surely trundles along through hyperspace. Gregior may be keeping the destination a secret, but surely it will be a Rebel controlled site, maybe even a full blown Rebel base.

His mind briefly comes out of the fog that has enveloped him recently, as he considers the crew of this Action-V freighter. Recalling the look of the ship’s previous captain as he pleaded, no, he begged, begged for us to not kill him and his crew.

The only crime the freighter’s crew seemingly committed was being our only way of escape off an Impirial research station. Sure, they were working for the Imps, but the captain and his crew seem to have been pressed into service. It is a common decision for small business owners to make when asked while an Imperial Star Destroyer sits in orbit above your head.

When we reach our destination, what will the Rebels do with the crew? A pang of guilt stabs Colph in the gut unexpectedly as he draws an obvious parallel to the actions of himself and his new team. How many scientists and other personnel on that research station were also only working for the Imps under duress?

When this team he finds himself on blew up that research station, how many filthy, honorless Imp dogs did they kill? How many innocent sons, daughters, husbands, wives, mothers, and fathers did they murder?

Colph stops his aimless shuffling down the corridor and winces in pain as he cluches his gut. Partly due to his pointed internal line of questioning that was starting to make himself uncomfortable, and partly due to his bandaged blaster wound he received while the group had fought their way off the research station and on to this freighter. None of his wounds have quite healed.

Solemnly turning himself toward a nearby viewport, Colph looks past his faint reflection and out into the cold vastness of space. With a small smile, he can’t help but think fondly of the companion who gave their life back on that station to help them escape a group of Imp bucket heads.

Fond memories of past adventures over the decades fill his mind. Scenes and images of capturing deadly pirates, saving helpless villages, and hunting down some of the worst monsters in the galaxy together with his companion flit across his vision.

“It was a good day to die.” Colph speaks aloud as a single tear streaks down his cheek.

Colph’s blaster rifle may be gone, but it will never be forgotten.

Lord Kavos
July 18th, 2018, 00:41
Poor Betsy the blaster rifle...

JTB
July 18th, 2018, 04:21
Max finds a quiet corner and looks over R5. "Well old buddy, looks like we have joined the rebellion. Too bad Rennek did not want to come along, he was handy in a fight." Max says he cleans a smudged sensor on R5. "We have been through a lot in the last couple of weeks. I wonder where Gregor is taking us? Two weeks ago, I would never have had the balls to pull some things I did on that station. Impersonating an Imperial Undercover Agent. How did I come up with that?" He pauses his thought as he works on a loose wire. "That Colph sure is handy in a fight, he must have taken down a half dozen troopers, and that Noble Lady seems like a good egg, a bit out of her comfort zone maybe, but she went right along with that Imperial Agent gambit." He gives R5 a last look over, "I wonder if Growl really is Jedi? He does have that lightsaber thingy, but he does not seem eager to use it. Maybe he is trying to hide what he is." Max looks around to make sure nobody is looking. "Well, it is not my secret to tell."

Lord Kavos
July 18th, 2018, 14:23

This is Kasy Starider for Holonet News.

In a long overdue move to further stabilize the galaxy the Emperor has dissolved the Imperial Senate to take full control of the Galactic Empire. Recent events have finally forced the emperor's hand, a move that has been welcomed by a landslide majority of former senators and government officials and has been heralded as the right path for the future by all the people of the New Order.

In his address to the final sitting of the senate, the emperor placed the blame firmly on the senate for forcing this policy decision:

"Your selfishness, corruption and underhanded politics have given me no option but to dissolve this once august body. It is obvious that you can no longer act for the betterment of the people who elected you. It is clear that your self-interest has blinded you to the real concerns of your constituents. You have only yourselves to blame for this, and it is now clear that I must take your burden of responsibility if the galaxy is to thrive once again."

This move had been widely speculated to happen following the arrests of a large number of senior senators on corruption and insurrection charges. There had also been several high profile senators and aides recently arrested on charges of terrorism and aiding a terrorist organization (the self titled `Rebellion against the Empire').

The Emperor has assured the galaxy that this position will increase security and stability for all citizens of the galaxy. It will also ensure consistency of policy for the majority, and will enable the Empire to begin a series of public work projects to help the underprivileged and battling families. These and other disadvantaged groups have suffered under years of senatorial abuse of power by the senate's vetoing of many of these projects in the past.

Regional control of each system in the Empire has been given to the local Imperial Governor and/or Imperial Moff in each system that each report directly to their Grand Moff Sector Overlord. Each Grand Moff reports directly to the Emperor himself, giving him full control over all policy decisions and a direct link to the troubles facing each sector.

At least we know the person in charge is above the corruption and evil that has plagued the galactic senate in the past. Let us all hail the Emperor and his wisdom, someone who has the resolve to go the extra distance to ensure our ongoing security and prosperity.

---------------------END TRANSMISSION--------------------------------

JTB
July 23rd, 2018, 02:56
Yes Emperor, but the rebels blew up your "Death Star".

Lord Kavos
July 23rd, 2018, 03:18
That’s why you are headed for the imperial world of Lianna - to spread the word of the alliance’s victory...

RabidAttackGoat
July 26th, 2018, 13:27
Remind me, we're off this week correct? I'll try to write up some of Elisara's thoughts this weekend (but as all my free time is in the evenings, in which I do freelance work as well, it may be a bit slow in arriving) :)

Plutwo
July 26th, 2018, 13:53
I definitely wont be able to make the session this weekend if there was one.

Last I knew we are taking this week off.

Lord Kavos
July 26th, 2018, 15:26
That is correct - off this week

RabidAttackGoat
July 26th, 2018, 22:32
Elisara sights her shot and squeezes the trigger, the diffuse beam from her blaster striking true. She crosses the floor to inspect her handiwork. “Yes…” she says, turning the breastplate this way and that, “I think that with a bit of buffing, that will look like convincing blaster scarring. A pity that I have an eye for this sort of thing now.” She sighs to herself, plopping down on her bunk and working at another part of the armor plating with a sharp tool. “Maybe I can have Colph go a round at this thing with his vibroblade.” She stops for a moment, glancing across her quarters to the cylindrical object wrapped in her favourite nanosilk scarf. Maybe Colph should teach me a few things as well, if that’s ever to be of any use.

It is hard to believe that it has been less than two months since her sudden exodus from House Teraan and the planet of Alderaan – now reduced to just so much spacedust and vapour, scattered to the stars. She would never be done shedding tears for her people, not in all of her lifetime. And that she should reunite with Leia once again in such a remote place under such circumstances, how…

Strange? Fortuitous? Completely unbelievable? thought Elisara, shaking her head. The poor girl, she is carrying so much weight on her shoulders, she blames herself for the destruction of our home world. Likely these Imperial monsters would have used the weapon whether she had cooperated or not. After all, what better way to demonstrate their power and ruthlessness and keep the doubters and enemies of the Galactic Empire in line? Besides, she knows that she had to be silent for the sake of the bigger picture, for the good of the galaxy…

Elisara’s hand suddenly ceases its work, her eyes widening as a thought occurs to her. It seems that the recent infighting in her family has become completely fruitless; her scheming cousins, too, would have been vaporized by their own allies, along with her traitorous uncle and the rest of those indoctrinated to the Imperial cause. It seems to her that – had her mother not passed away suddenly, forcing her father’s hand and culminating in the sacrifice of his own life to allow her to escape – she too would have met the same fate, another soul snuffed out in this atrocity committed by the Galactic Empire. Elisara begins to feel lighter, as if a great weight bearing down upon her is being lifted away. Suddenly, it seems to her that she has been given a second chance, to find some other way to make a difference in a situation where diplomacy has been completely and utterly thrown away.

Setting her tools aside, Elisara arranges herself on her knees, closes her eyes and concentrates, as she learned to do in the temple on Yavin. Is this the work of the invisible hand so worshipped by the Jedi Order? Normally I’d be loath to even contemplate the existence of…the Force… but after our recent encounter I cannot deny that I feel something…DEEPER perhaps, than I have ever experienced before.

Somehow, and with some effort, she reaches out to her companions again with her newly acquired ‘sixth sense’, finding their familiar spirits where she would expect them – Colph, solitary, cleaning and honing his weapons; and Max, with his droid, arms buried to the elbows in some part of the internal powerhouse of the ship. Each of them so capable, seeming to flow calmly with the current that had been sweeping them all along since their fated meeting aboard the Last Chance. Some of our former companions chose to struggle against that current, she reflects – Rennik, captain of the Twenty Three, who left to seek more peaceful ventures once trouble with the Empire reached a (now, apparently minor) crescendo; and Growl – ah! Tears come to Elisara’s eyes as she thinks of the melancholy giant, a true-to-life student of the Jedi, who departed with Rennik to tackle personal matters which seemed to eclipse all else for him. She hopes that the universe will see fit to bring them all together once again, for she could have learned so much from them, and they perhaps something from her.

Perhaps I have learned something after all, she considers. Rennik’s compassion for a group of strangers whom he took aboard his ship; Growl’s quiet resolve to evaluate a situation and reserve battle and violence as a last resort. There could have been so much more, but it seems that time was too short. I hope that the storm-to-come will not sweep them under despite all they are doing to avoid it. Perhaps it is time for me to stop fighting so hard against the current as well.

Opening her eyes, she reaches out to the silk bundle, recalling how it leapt into her hand in the temple. Vision or not, the lightsaber had persisted after they regained consciousness and she is sure that her friends could see it too. Perhaps with this new sense awakened within her, she can…but no, her ruminations have brought along surges of strong emotion, and she no longer has the focus to confirm if such a thing was possible.

We have a few weeks of travel before we reach Lianna, she thought, wiping her eyes and scooping up the lightsabre, the silk falling to the floor. I can either wallow in my sorrow, or turn it into strength and resolve, and properly prepare myself to succeed at this upcoming mission. She chuckles to herself and tightens her grip on the saber. Perhaps I have learned something from my too-brief reunion with Leia as well.

Elisara speaks into her comlink, as she strides resolutely from her quarters. “Colph, Max, could we meet up in the crew lounge? I’d like discuss with you how best to practise with my newly acquired armaments and skills…and how they might best be used on our excursion to Lianna…”

Plutwo
July 26th, 2018, 23:07
I’m going to have to step up my game, that blows my stuff out of the water.

JTB
July 27th, 2018, 14:25
Max is working on a relay switch on Star of Tion, not a bad ship if said so himself, but a ship could always stand the skilled hand on a mechanic. "“Colph, Max, could we meet up in the crew lounge? I’d like discuss with you how best to practice with my newly acquired armaments and skills…and how they might best be used on our excursion to Lianna…” said Elisara over the comms.

He wipes the sweat from his brow. Sure he could use a break, and he was interested in finding out more about this jedi power. He puts away his tools back into his toolkit. "On my way." Max says into the comms.

RabidAttackGoat
July 27th, 2018, 16:33
Raaahh, I'm starting to get really attached to all of our characters, I may have to start writing up details of our adventures for myself as well!!

Plutwo
July 27th, 2018, 16:35
I’d subscribe to your newsletter :P

Plutwo
July 28th, 2018, 00:39
Colph sits in the middle of the cargo hold, working diligently on cleaning a blaster barrel with a cloth. Spread out on the floor all around him is the equipment he normally wears, as well as the equipment the team has acquired through various means.

On the floor to his side, Colph occasionally scrolls the screen of his datapad, flipping through information on their destination, Lianna. Of particular note is that the planet is under Imperial influence, and Lianna’s major starship manufacturer, Sienar Industries, is a major producer of TIE fighters.

A few swipes and now news on Lianna’s criminal element fills the datapad. As Colph starts to research major underworld players, Elisara’s voice comes over his comm as she requests the team to assemble.

Setting aside his work, Colph holsters his recently cleaned heavy blaster pistol and heads to the ship’s lounge.

Cannon Fodder
July 31st, 2018, 16:01
Zander Character Background

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ob_Erw5uwk2BvOMXgMdjNvpjJGCLzEkM5zdF7mvZ95U/edit?usp=sharing

Plutwo
July 31st, 2018, 20:29
Zander, welcome aboard the Star of Tion.

Cannon Fodder
July 31st, 2018, 23:53
Thank you XD

RabidAttackGoat
August 1st, 2018, 00:05
Here is Elisara's background, written as she was boarding the Last Chance (obviously events have progressed since then, and her perspective has changed somewhat):

Until a few days ago, Elisara was the adopted daughter of the heads of house Teraan of Alderaan, Ismaaus and Jakaya, who are well-known to have no natural children of their own.

She was brought up with the best tutors, fashions and noble pass-times that money could buy, and grew to be a culturally well-rounded young woman. But because she was an only-child, her adoptive father spoiled her and she has rarely had to do anything for herself. As a leader, Ismaaus Teraan was only as obedient to the Empire as he needed to be, so as not to attract unwelcome attention to his house, but was strongly but quietly opposed wherever he could afford to be. Elisara has trained to be a diplomat like her father, and shares his political ideals, although she has little concept of what they REALLY mean. She has never seen much of the “common” world, having mostly been confined to noble circles and other formal affairs, and while she has heard generally of the galactic events of the last few decades, they do not have any gravity in her day-to-day life, seeming more like a distant bad dream than reality.

Unknown even to her, it was a closely guarded secret (known only to her father and a trusted aide) that Elisara is actually the illegitimate child of Ismaaus Teraan and a servant, who left the employ of the Teraan family shortly after Elisara’s birth. Her adoption in infancy served to cover up the scandal of a bastard child, as well as provide a prospective heir to House Teraan.

However, tradition in this ancient noble family dictates that only children of the noble bloodline are permitted to become heads of house. Although Ismaaus has striven for years to change this tradition on behalf of his adopted daughter, many of his house have seen this as a self-serving act and an unwillingness to relinquish power to his late brother’s family, who he has fallen out with because of their political affinity to the Galactic Empire. Thusly, to date, he has been unsuccessful in his efforts to influence the opinion of the rest of his family, and inheritance will continue to follow the natural bloodline. However, gaining leadership of the house has never been among Elisara’s aspirations, and she is content with her lot as a wealthy cultural attaché.

Very recently, Elisara’s adoptive mother Jakaya has passed away, prompting an emotional Ismaaus to unleash the very secret he has kept for so long from his beloved wife - that Elisara is indeed of noble bloodline, and that his traitorous brother and his offspring are no longer the heirs to the house, its wealth and its political position.

Not only was this shocking news to a grieving Elisara, the entirety of the family was thrown into outrage. That this young woman, revealed to be such a scandalous figure, was being set up to represent and rule their proud house was utterly contemptible. Her uncle’s twin children, Fregar and Jennali, were doubly incensed upon realizing that their years of careful grooming for leadership might come to naught.

Ismaaus’ enemies moved swiftly, and there was an attempt on Elisara’s life the very night of the proclaimation, by the former heirs. Fortunately, they were not successful; Ismaaus came to Elisara’s chamber to speak with his daughter, interrupting the encounter, and leapt upon the invaders – but he was mortally wounded in the process, which bought enough time for Elisara to flee.

Directed by her father’s trusted aide, and carrying a (relative) handful of credits and a few personal belongings, she has been sent away to remove her as far from her former family as possible and spare her life. She then found herself alone, relegated to a passenger liner with the ill-fated name Last Chance, headed for the outer rim.

Elisara feels somewhat bitter about the whole situation – her honor has been shattered, her bright future erased, and her father may as well have signed the execution order himself. Her life to that point had been destined for great enough things and – despite the fact that he had never given up hope that she would become heir – she is a realist and had become content with her lot over time. She is angry that he could not leave well enough alone. But she is torn up with guilt over this sentiment, since she loved her father and in the end he sacrificed himself to save her. She knows that he loved her and wanted the best for her and for House Teraan. After losing her mother so recently, the loss of her father has hit her doubly hard, in those moments where life slows down and she has no more tasks to busy herself with.

Additionally, Elisara is almost certain that the Empire played some role in the coup within House Teraan, although she does not currently have a deeper understanding of what their ends might have been. She has been ejected from the life she has known, and although unsure of her future, she does not feel that she would be content to settle into a common life. She wants to put her planned vocation and skills to proper use, and even gain new ones. It may never be safe enough to confront her would-be assassins directly, so she would instead use her abilities to counter the Galactic Empire’s sinister influence, particularly on Alderaan if she can figure out what form this might take.

But, she has allowed herself little time for reflection so far. Her journey is only just beginning, but she is already taken aback by the “common folk” and their plight. Reality is more harsh than she could have imagined, and with every piece of news she hears about the deeds of the Galactic Empire, and the purge of the Jedi religion in the last two decades, reality becomes that much more bleak. She is beginning to understand just how privileged a life she has led, and why her father so strongly opposed the Empire.

Initially, upon the Last Chance, much of her attention and energy was dedicated to blending in. Despite dressing herself as simply, her clothing was clearly finer than that of the travel-worn peoples around her. Her golden hair was plaited into a simple up-do, which still manages to be striking – after all, it looks as though her vibrant tresses have never seen a split end or a grey hair. She keeps herself wrapped in a hooded cloak, but even covered she stands tall and straight, and her poise and demeanor are still noticeable. She began her travels under an assumed surname, Amasage; a precaution should she meet any enemies on her travels. While she has been rattled by her unplanned exodus from her homeworld, she is practical and perceptive, and will not allow herself to be easily defeated.

JTB
August 7th, 2018, 02:22
FYI I will not be able to play Saturday, as we are taking the family on a small three day vacation before school starts.

Plutwo
August 8th, 2018, 02:07
Another great session last week.

I’m impressed with the combat prowess and ingenuity of my compatriots under difficult conditions.

The team came together as fine warriors while I was avoiding being fondled by a pair of Quarren’s and then a Gamorrean challenged me to a tickle-fight.

Lord Kavos
August 8th, 2018, 02:14
That was rather funny both u & the gammorean rolling 1s on the damage lol...

RabidAttackGoat
August 10th, 2018, 16:05
As the group sprint to their rented vehicle and pile back in, Elisara can feel the adrenaline begin to ebb, being slowly replaced by a lump in her throat. "It’s not fair!" she exclaims to no one in particular, much to the surprise of her comrades. She feels on the edge of having some kind of a tantrum, but she puts a hand to her mouth and bites her knuckle - a little bit too firmly - and the pain seems to ground her once more.

Of all the unprofessional, inexperienced...why would you send someone so green to make a potentially vital exchange?!? And how would they have not noticed they were under observation?? she asks herself silently, in exasperation. Elisara closes her eyes and takes a few deep breaths, smoothing her clothing with her hands. Anyone still looking at her is treated to epic struggle, with anger, unhappiness, resignation and amusement all fighting for expression on her face. Well, I suppose that we're a group of new recruits as well…and I was so worried about being tricked into saying something incriminating by the people in front of me, that I didn't spot the rest of them watching from afar either. The GAMORREAN!

She snorts aloud and gasps in amusement at her next thought. We none of us have any idea what we’re doing, and everyone is absolutely and completely winging it. They’ll take every loyal person they can find, and it’s a baptism by fire for every single one.

Elisara claps her hand over her mouth as the other passengers turn to her with raised eyebrows, before bursting out into pure, spontaneous laughter. "Subterfuge is most assuredly NOT our forte,” she says, “And I am DEFINITELY never taking my armor off again!"

Cannon Fodder
August 10th, 2018, 22:13
Zander cursed to himself under his breath over and over in as many languages as he knew as he ran with the other clutching his chest where the shot had hit him. It had all been going so well. Fine even..There was even only one alien! He thought to himself.

It was all going to plan and by the numbers a good start to this whole endevour. Flew the ship got them where they needed to go. He may have made what could have been called a friend. Max.. he'd remember him, Max could tell a leader when he met one a Captain even.

But how would they look at him now, first fire fight they had and their most useful weapon now deemed useless. So much relied on it, he didn't even think the other guy would fire.

Not in public in the streets...so much for calling his bluff. He swore thinking of it. And then his return shot...worthless and to make matters even more painful the ceramic gun barrel melted. Then insult to injury he didn't even catch the guy who had one to replace it with.

He shook his head to himself as they went for the speeder as if his day couldn't get any worse. He swore again.

But perhaps he could redeem himself. Get the cloaking tech and that way he would be in the good books back to his old strategy in the Navy rising in the ranks with a bright future ahead. Yes they must redeem themselves otherwise it was all a farce for nothing.

Plutwo
August 11th, 2018, 00:15
As Zan pilots the speeder car through the busy city streets, Colph silently mouths something, a mantra maybe, and seems to calm as the group swerves through traffic.

To his side, he isn’t sure if Elisara was wounded in the scrap or if she is having a break down. It has been his experience to let people take time to work through these kind of things themselves, so instead he keeps his head on a swivel, his eyes scanning for any signs of pursuit.

To his side Elisara has another outburst, this time something about never leaving armor behind again. For only a moment, a pained expression crosses Colph’s face before he can suppress it.

He makes a mental note to have a conversation with Elisara and Max in the near future on how easy it is to lose themselves in this kind of life. They need to be made aware how easy it is to have everything that is you become lost in the quicksand.

Colph compartmentalizes those thoughts and returns to his protective searching as the speeder soars on.

Lord Kavos
August 11th, 2018, 01:36
great stuff guys...

I will add to this with a couple of adventure cut-aways...

The first one should have happened before the adventure started (sorry), but here it is...

Cut-Away to The Star Destroyer Subjugator

EXTERIOR: DEEP SPACE. An Imperial Star Destroyer rumbles into view. Emerging from out of the belly of the gigantic ship is a lone shape, details hidden by distance. Suddenly, sublight drives start, as a plume of exhaust propels the small figure away from the huge ship.

CLOSE-UP: AN IMPERIAL PROBE DROID. The Droid has been modified: a cylinder, perhaps six meters long, is attached to the top of the Droid.

INTERIOR: THE STAR DESTROYER’S BRIDGE. In the crew pit, rows and rows of computer monitors throw data at the junior officers. All of the monitors are displaying the probe Droid, with different portions of the Droid highlighted.

The captain of the vessel, Captain Kolaff, leans down. One of the many officers looks up, expressionless.

“Sir, the Droid has been deployed. Power levels are as predicted. We are just about to initiate the first cloaking tests.”

EXTERIOR: THE PROBE DROID. A hum, and the crackle of still more energy as the Droid glides through the void.

INTERIOR: THE BRIDGE PIT CREW. Several young crewmen intently watch the readouts. A young officer, barely suppressing his excitement, turns to Captain Kolaff.

“Sir, it works exactly as expected. The Liann engineers appear to have accomplished their objective.”

INTERIOR: The bridge of the Star Destroyer, several hours later. The same junior officer approaches Captain Kolaff, a worried look on his face.

“Captain, all of the tests have been completed. The device works as predicted.”

The captain studies the man for a second, and asks, “What are you not telling me?”

“Well, sir, the Droid ... performed too well. It has drifted from our sensors. It will probably just smash into a rogue moon or be lost for years out in space. But, we’ve lost it.”

Cut to ...
THE INTERIOR OF THE CHARACTERS’ FREIGHTER ...

Lord Kavos
August 12th, 2018, 00:24
Another great session guys...loving the RP!

-----------------------------------------------------
Cut-Away to ...

INTERIOR: AN ALLEY SOMEWHERE IN LIANNA.

A petite blonde, Terri Karl, is emerging from a bright red landspeeder. Kashan Santhe emerges from the shadows to greet her.

Terri rushes forward to peck at his cheek. “Kashan! Darling! Thanks for helping me out here in this pinch.”

“My father knows something suspicious is happening. He called an alert at the starport. They’re supposed to scan all outbound ships more thoroughly.”

Terri leans toward him, urgency in her voice. “Why now?”

“Verpalion has landed & is on his way to aunt Valles' estate now.”

“I know. But maybe that’s the best distraction security could have. Too many different security forces, not cooperating with each other, all sure somebody else took care of it.”

Kashan sighs, his boyish face looking tired.

“I’ll do what I can.”

“Keep your head down, sweetie. I know you aren’t happy about telling those guys that they’re expendable, but it’s got to be done. Cover yourself. You’re the best operative I’ve got.”

Cut to ...
EPISODE TWO

Lord Kavos
August 27th, 2018, 07:12
[Holonet] Special News Bulletin #5

--------------BEGIN TRANSMISSION----------------------

This is Kasy Starrider for Holonet news.

More terrorism related news today with a series of poor quality holovid images finding their way onto the holonet yesterday, disrupting normal programming for billions of holonet viewers and causing significant damage to holonet hardwire itself. This station along with the other major broadcasters has been inundated with millions of complaints as a result of this act of virtual terrorism, which has continued to wreak havoc since its introduction and has caused the cancellation of some of the Holonet's most popular programs, including `T.R.O.O.P.S.', `Droids of Fortune' and `Survivor (Kessel)' to name just a few.

COPNOR technical specialists have discovered that a type of computer virus commonly known as a `worm' has been used to upload these images and this worm has since mutated, duplicating itself and infecting servers and holonet interfaces throughout Core and Mid Rim worlds. The devastation caused by this worm is estimated to have caused thousands of billions of credits damage to the galactic economy already and has been described as the worst act of virtual terrorism to strike the Holonet since its activation.

The images are reported to show the destruction of a non-existent Imperial Battle Station conveniently labeled "The Death Star" by Rebel terrorists. But the poor quality along with several missing electronic markers that would authenticate the recordings have led most experts to declare that these images are obviously fake and heavily doctored, and obviously a part of a series of propaganda attacks made by the Rebellion against the Galactic Empire. Official Imperial sources have denied the existence of such a battle station, which would be (and I quote) "a misappropriation of Imperial resources to fund such an obviously expensive and fantastic project when there are real needs in the galactic community to deal with."

Unofficial sources and this reporter have linked the approximate timing of this virtual attack with another act of terrorism at the mansion of Governor of Lianna. It is reported that rebel terrorists stormed the high society reception celebrating the promotion of the newest Grand Moff, Hans Verpallion, threatening the lives of many of Lianna's ruling elite before blasting their way out of the palace. Local law enforcement and Imperial officials on world are investigating the matter, and believe that the terrorists behind this attack may also be one such group responsible for the releasing of the `worm' virus. COPNOR agents are said to be deeply involved in the investigation, and sources close to this reporter have hinted
that they are close to a breakthrough in identifying those responsible

-------------------------END TRANSMISSION----------------------------

Lord Kavos
October 18th, 2018, 03:14
[Holo-Net ] Special News Bulletin #6

This is Kasy Starrider for Holo-net News….

In a successful operation this morning Imperial Navy officials have located and apprehended the rebel agents behind last month’s raid on Sienar/Santhe Fleet Systems, the largest manufacturer of starships for the Imperial Defence Network.

The raid on Sienar/Santhe headquarters made for dramatic headlines last month, as the rebel agents escaped via the Santhe family mansion - a mansion that was also hosting an elite reception for the Empire’s newest Grand Moff - Rodin Hilan Verpallion. The new Grand Moff’s arrival and reception had gathered a large media group in tow, and as a result significant footage was captured of the rebel’s daring escape from the Santhe estate.

[Footage changes to a collage of videos showing multiple angles of the PC’s escape, including a blurry close up of Elisara, which the video freezes on at its finish.]

Thanks to viewers of the Holonet like you, this footage helped Imperial forces locate these rebels, who were finally apprehended this morning in a daring raid on Lohopa V1.

It had since been revealed that Compnor agents suspected a possible information leak within Sienar/Santhe Fleet Systems – in a recent statement Compnor has revealed that the rebellion was receiving help and top-secret information from an agent inside the company. Further investigation has implicated Wallex Blissex, chief engineer for Sienar and designer of the old Victory Class Star Destroyer as the rebel contact within the organisation. Blissex has been placed under arrest and is currently being transported to Coruscant for his trial, where he faces over 50 charges including electronic theft and sabotage, as well as inciting insurrection and rebellion against the Empire.

In a statement to Holo-Net news, Lira Wessex, Blissex's daughter and managing director of Sienar Galactic, was deeply upset to hear about her father's fall from grace. Lira, who has been commended for her designs for the latest Imperial Class Star Destroyers had this to say about her father.

"I and the rest of my family are deeply troubled by the actions of my father, who has brought disgrace to the Blissex name and Sienar itself. We are a hardworking family and completely devoted to the New Order. My father has not been well for several months and has allowed Rebellion propaganda to poison his mind and turn him against our family and the New Order. Let this be a lesson to all those who would listen to the rebellion's lies. They will destroy you if you give them a chance."

It is known to this reporter that Lira Blissex has been widely hailed as a major contributor to the New Order and has earned the respect and admiration of none other than Grand Moff Tarkin himself. The Grand Moff was unavailable for comment at this time.

----------------------------End Report-------------------------

BenTheOverlord
December 5th, 2018, 20:35
I don't suppose your currently still running the game and looking for a group member? I'm looking to play the WEG Star Wars and am having trouble finding people online who can/want to play it.

Lord Kavos
December 5th, 2018, 23:11
Hi Ben, our game is still running, though a bit sporadically over the past month or so due to holidays.

We are scheduled to play this coming weekend - Sunday 5am start for me (gmt +10) - so likely Saturday afternoon/night for u.

BenTheOverlord
December 5th, 2018, 23:32
I wasn't expecting you to get back to me so soon! XD Thanks you for that :).
Sadly I won't be home for it this Sunday... ironically because of a holiday family visit.
But if you are looking for someone next week to join I could make it if you
wanted.

Lord Kavos
December 5th, 2018, 23:47
Where about a in the world are you ben? I am in australia, brisbane, so gmt+10 for me. As I said unless u an Aussie also, I would say it should be a sat afternoon night session for you

BenTheOverlord
December 6th, 2018, 00:03
I live in Canada. I did the conversion and when your playing would be 1pm EST for me. And your right It would be Saturday 1pm for me. Sadly I'd still be away :( though I would be available next weekend!

Lord Kavos
January 12th, 2019, 20:01
Hi Ben, I know its short (very) notice, but we are about to start a session now if you are interested in joining us...

Otherwise I will try to catch up with you & let you know when the next session is after this one...

Cheers LK