PDA

View Full Version : Future Feature updates

MadBeardMan
May 13th, 2018, 12:47
Afternoon All,

In this thread can we talk about which 'features' from 1E you'd like to see added (data/tables/rules). That way, I know what users want to see next etc rather than my own thoughts (for my players/games).

Please note that at this time I can start to add the data for Starships, but not build the 'Ship Page' or the CT for 'Starships'.

Anything listed that also works for 2E would be great.

Going forward, I plan to update the ruleset etc at least ONCE per month for the moment (until it's out of Early Release).

v1.0.6. - World Data, you can enter your own world data

Thanks,
MBM

Valyar
May 14th, 2018, 21:13
This is just cosmetic one - X, ? Buttons and the bars visible in Images to be converted to the red/black/white color theme, as the default CoreRPG pops out too much and feels out of place.

MadBeardMan
May 14th, 2018, 21:50
This is just cosmetic one - X, ? Buttons and the bars visible in Images to be converted to the red/black/white color theme, as the default CoreRPG pops out too much and feels out of place.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll pass this onto the chap (Damned) who's provided the theme.

Cheers,
MBM

kingmaker2
May 16th, 2018, 02:08
Thanks for all the hard work MBM. I have been following the development thread for over a year. Its very exciting to finally try it out.

It would be helpful to have non-bell curve tables available beyond 6 rows. A d66 table would be great in keeping with Traveller tradition, but even d100 would be great if that is easier to implement.

superteddy57
May 16th, 2018, 03:21
Some of these may already have been brought up in a previous post. Just leaving here for keeping it in one place.
Huge thanks for the ruleset and it is very nice currently.

-Breakdown of NPC types (Patron, NPC, Animal, Drones/Robots). Side note, still unable to drag and drop Weapons onto NPC sheet for it to populate with the item (At least currently with my tests)
-Ships. I know it's in the works and happy to use Craft as a work around.
-D66 Tables (I've seen this operational with MoreCore). Been using the workaround of nested tables.
-Expand items to have areas for enhancements or options to be added to boost the item (Battle Dress options for example). I have been just adding links to the enhancements in the description box. Maybe a listbox for any augmentations/options.
-Secondary sort by subtype in the items menu if possible.
-Ability to add Craft, and in the future Ships, to Encounters for space battles to set up ahead of time.
-Custom Careers for custom created ones to be exported (can add them by hand with xml editing) and maybe expanded to drag and drop to the sheet (Huge amount of automation, but this is a wishlist)

On note of custom content, a lot of the fields are not editable when creating custom and additional content. I believe Aliens and Careers are the only areas where custom content is not available in game. Been adding it through XML by hand for my Modules.

This is in no way criticism. Huge props for what is already made and keep up the good work.

kingmaker2
May 16th, 2018, 05:00
I had not thought about using nested tables. That should work fine.

chumbly
May 18th, 2018, 11:52
I was looking at your world window(UPP) on your twitter page. I would suggest adding in an alignment field(its probably too complicated to describe what all the alignment codes are though). With all the worlds in Traveller, especially in a border sector like the Spinward Marches, keeping track of what great and glorious empire owns what world is important.
Chumbly

PS you might want to add in a tab.. to allow linking to world maps and the appropriate hex on a subsector map

chumbly
May 18th, 2018, 11:55
Also dying to know how you are planning on handling sectors and subsectors. Is it just going to be a library reference topic with a link to a map image?
Chumbly

MadBeardMan
May 18th, 2018, 21:25
Some of these may already have been brought up in a previous post. Just leaving here for keeping it in one place.
Huge thanks for the ruleset and it is very nice currently.

-Breakdown of NPC types (Patron, NPC, Animal, Drones/Robots). Side note, still unable to drag and drop Weapons onto NPC sheet for it to populate with the item (At least currently with my tests)
-Ships. I know it's in the works and happy to use Craft as a work around.
-D66 Tables (I've seen this operational with MoreCore). Been using the workaround of nested tables.
-Expand items to have areas for enhancements or options to be added to boost the item (Battle Dress options for example). I have been just adding links to the enhancements in the description box. Maybe a listbox for any augmentations/options.
-Secondary sort by subtype in the items menu if possible.
-Ability to add Craft, and in the future Ships, to Encounters for space battles to set up ahead of time.
-Custom Careers for custom created ones to be exported (can add them by hand with xml editing) and maybe expanded to drag and drop to the sheet (Huge amount of automation, but this is a wishlist)

On note of custom content, a lot of the fields are not editable when creating custom and additional content. I believe Aliens and Careers are the only areas where custom content is not available in game. Been adding it through XML by hand for my Modules.

This is in no way criticism. Huge props for what is already made and keep up the good work.

Greetings,

Sorry for the delay in responding, my Desktop Windows decided yesterday to die, it's W10 I think HyperX did it in (for Docker). So been installing FG on my Ubuntu Laptop just to get dev back underway.

Anyway let's go through your list....

NPC - will add NPC type 'Patron, NPC, Creature/Animal'.
To add weapons, click add, then drag the weapon across.
D66 - IF you think it's needed as a mechanic (ie like D100) (not sure a mechanic will work in the Tables - might) then let me know. You can simply rebuild the D66 as a D36, or build it as a D66 and make sure 17-20 etc all re-roll.
Expand Items - Great idea, will defo do that.
Sort by item sub-type - Good thinking, will do that, should be easy enough for 1.0.6.
CT for Craft/Ships - Soon as FG supports it (it's being done for Starfinder) I'll look into making it happen for Traveller.
Careers - Custom & Drag and Drop - I can do this, it's already on my list, the full Drag and Drop I'm not sure is possible, but let me draw the user journey for it, and create the various stories.

I'm away this weekend, got a good friends birthday bash so travelling down, drinking, staying in a hotel coming home, and then sorting out development on this laptop.

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
May 18th, 2018, 21:33
I was looking at your world window(UPP) on your twitter page. I would suggest adding in an alignment field(its probably too complicated to describe what all the alignment codes are though). With all the worlds in Traveller, especially in a border sector like the Spinward Marches, keeping track of what great and glorious empire owns what world is important.
Chumbly

PS you might want to add in a tab.. to allow linking to world maps and the appropriate hex on a subsector map

At the moment I'm sticking to World Data as mentioned in the Rulebook only. If I've missed anything though useful I'll be sure to add in, so an Alignment would be a text string if that's ok.

You can drag the World onto a sub-sector map, and the pin appears, I'll check this in 1.0.6. But you should be able to drag the subsector image onto the notes tab. I'll also check this.

Now thinking about sector/subsector. I could add these are linkable fields for images, at worst text fields.

So some good suggestions, keep thinking, the more we add the better things will be.

Thanks,
MBM

superteddy57
May 18th, 2018, 21:56
First off, have a blast! The D66 tables can be nested, but creates more sub tables. Your suggestion with D36 tables could eliminate the need for it. I guess, at least for me, it's honestly just a habit to the game system to roll 2d6 for the d66 tables. Feels more like I'm playing Traveller. So I guess it's not really needed as we can work around it.

Thanks for the heads up on adding weapons to NPCs. I feel like such a dunce now. That did the trick with the module data, but tested it with new and custom items and it didn't accept the drop. Works fine with Module data.

Can Robots/Drones be considered for an option for NPC? Since they can be used during tactical situations, have attributes akin to NPCs and a need to track hull and structure. Would you think they are more at home in the item section? If so, maybe expand it to accept Hull and Structure. I was even kinda toying it with craft since those fields are tracked there. I'm kinda torn where these would best fit, if not in NPCs.

Thanks for the reply and again, hope you have fun!

MadBeardMan
May 18th, 2018, 22:08
First off, have a blast! The D66 tables can be nested, but creates more sub tables. Your suggestion with D36 tables could eliminate the need for it. I guess, at least for me, it's honestly just a habit to the game system to roll 2d6 for the d66 tables. Feels more like I'm playing Traveller. So I guess it's not really needed as we can work around it.

Thanks for the heads up on adding weapons to NPCs. I feel like such a dunce now. That did the trick with the module data, but tested it with new and custom items and it didn't accept the drop. Works fine with Module data.

Can Robots/Drones be considered for an option for NPC? Since they can be used during tactical situations, have attributes akin to NPCs and a need to track hull and structure. Would you think they are more at home in the item section? If so, maybe expand it to accept Hull and Structure. I was even kinda toying it with craft since those fields are tracked there. I'm kinda torn where these would best fit, if not in NPCs.

Thanks for the reply and again, hope you have fun!

Don't worry about feeling that bad, I was hoping you could just drop the weapon in the space, can't get that to work at the moment, and I think my time is needed for the bigger things as those small things can sometimes take ages.

Btw there's a bug that I'm working on, the weapon flags aren't being set properly for custom weapons, that's what stops them from working with NPC's as well. I'm fixing that as soon as I can.

Adding more NPC types, yes, Robots/Drones, I just need to find a way to provide a drop-down, can yet think of a dropdown though in any of the (many) rulesets that I own.

I'll have fun, though my friends know when I miss coding, I keep telling them!

Cheers,
MBM

superteddy57
May 19th, 2018, 14:43
Super! An option that you might consider is the way pathfinder and 3.5 does it with clicking on a radio button and it changes the way the npc sheet works. Then the npc page changes to that template. A cycler also might fit the bill as well since it allows the user to click through the templates.

MadBeardMan
May 20th, 2018, 19:21
Super! An option that you might consider is the way pathfinder and 3.5 does it with clicking on a radio button and it changes the way the npc sheet works. Then the npc page changes to that template. A cycler also might fit the bill as well since it allows the user to click through the templates.

I'm back from being away, tired eyes, no hangover :)

I've found the combo-box (dropdown) code, so going to play with that. Radio buttons are good if you have 2-3 choices, more than that they're a bit clunky. Cyclers are good though, you can catch the change event to update the window, not sure I want that though. I'll play and find the best option.

Cheers

GunbunnyFuFu
May 20th, 2018, 23:11
Thanks for the 1E ruleset! This will allow me to put together the 2300 AD campaign setting that I enjoyed so very much!

GB

MadBeardMan
May 20th, 2018, 23:14
Thanks for the 1E ruleset! This will allow me to put together the 2300 AD campaign setting that I enjoyed so very much!

GB

No problems, 2300AD was excellent back in the 90's so I might create the ruleset soon.

Cheers,
MBM

GunbunnyFuFu
May 20th, 2018, 23:18
I don't think it'd take much, honestly...Mongoose 2300 uses the same engine/task resolution as Mongoose Traveller 1E. Regardless...I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

GB

MadBeardMan
May 20th, 2018, 23:35
I don't think it'd take much, honestly...Mongoose 2300 uses the same engine/task resolution as Mongoose Traveller 1E. Regardless...I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

GB

I have all the 2300AD books from Mongoose (I think) so after I've finish the Traveller ruleset update (1.0.6) I might ask Mongoose if they want me to add 2300AD (1E), as I know in the future they're going to update it.

Cheers,
MBM

kingmaker2
May 21st, 2018, 00:47
How is everyone handling tracking weapon ammunition? I am not seeing how to track it on the character sheet or combat tracker. Thanks.

MadBeardMan
May 26th, 2018, 09:44
How is everyone handling tracking weapon ammunition? I am not seeing how to track it on the character sheet or combat tracker. Thanks.

This will come in a future update, I myself have never worried too much about ammo, but it's a feature in D&D 5E so I can look into supporting it.

kingmaker2
May 27th, 2018, 04:58
This will come in a future update, I myself have never worried too much about ammo, but it's a feature in D&D 5E so I can look into supporting it.

Thanks for considering it.

Baker_Cam
May 27th, 2018, 06:45
First off a HUGE thankyou to MBM for doing this.

Some issues I've come across, Not sure if mentioned in the past.

Unable to create Weapon template (Wrong Template for coping)
Unable to create Alien Template (Run-time Error)
Unable to create Custom Careers (Blank Non intractable Template)
Lack of Beer and lapdances for MBM (Causes discomfort)

All the above bar the last one are Very low on the wishlist. Great work, looking forward to updates MBM

-BakerCam

MadBeardMan
May 27th, 2018, 09:36
First off a HUGE thankyou to MBM for doing this.

Some issues I've come across, Not sure if mentioned in the past.

Unable to create Weapon template (Wrong Template for coping)
Unable to create Alien Template (Run-time Error)
Unable to create Custom Careers (Blank Non intractable Template)
Lack of Beer and lapdances for MBM (Causes discomfort)

All the above bar the last one are Very low on the wishlist. Great work, looking forward to updates MBM

-BakerCam

Morning Chap,

v1.0.6. gets pushed tonight, it fixes the Weapon Template (you can create your own weapons), it also fixes the run-time error with a few templates.

Aliens & Custom Careers are coming soon in 1.0.7.

No need for lapdances (my better half would kill me), but Beer is always welcome!

Cheers

superteddy57
June 14th, 2018, 16:42
I had a chance to start working on the Psion black book and I figured I ask how will they be handled in a future update?

I've found a wonderful way so far with adding them as skills under Category and this gives me the ability to drag them to the skills tab for the moment. Might be easiest to add a new section here for psion abilities.

I was thinking of many possible approaches to how it can be displayed, but wondering your thoughts.