PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e Background PC choices

DavidrHaley
May 13th, 2018, 04:16
Running into a snag with the Player Character build as I've been trying to build my Character from Pen & Paper Character sheets I have, however the Basic Fantasy Grounds Program doesn't have a lot of Background choices to choose from, I think there are only Seven listed,and Outlander or even Charlatan isn't among them. Currently I only see Acolyte, Folk Hero, Noble, sage, Solider, Spy. Where are the Hermit, Outlander, Entertainer, Pirate and all those? I purchased the Ultimate DLC, which didn't really give me anything, or at least the Backstories I was hoping for. (Requested Refund, as I don't want to GM...as of yet.)

Is there a DLC that would have these other Backgrounds listed?

LordEntrails
May 13th, 2018, 04:47
Just in case no one has welcomed you to the forums, welcome!

There is no "Ultimate DLC".

There is the "Ultimate License" which allows you to host as many free players as you want but gives you no additional DLC.
There is the "D&D Complete Bundle" which gives you all the official WotC D&D 5E content, but requires either a standard or ultimate license.

So, what did you buy? The Ultimate License or the D&D Complete Bundle?

There are lots of forum posts and things we can point you to so you can learn what you want, but we need to know a bit more.

KlatuB
May 13th, 2018, 04:47
DavidrHaley,

First off welcome to the forums, you will find lots of people here willing to help with any questions and problems you may into with Fantasy Grounds.

If I'm understanding your post correctly you just purchased the Ultimate edition of Fantasy Grounds, and you didn't purchase any of the 5th Edition D&D products, you just have access (currently) to the 5e SRD stuff. the backgrounds you are looking for are in the D&D Players Handbook $29.99. The other option you have if you want to is, if you have access to the physical copy of the Players Handbook, you could enter the backgrounds into FG yourself.

Zacchaeus
May 13th, 2018, 08:38
Hi David welocme to FG.

You will find the information you need, as KlatuB says in the Player's Handbook. You may find this post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?32987-What-do-I-need-to-play-5e) illuminating.