PDA

View Full Version : 5E Battle Royale Extension

ddavison
May 11th, 2018, 19:06
This extension allows your players to have similar controls for the Player than the DMs have within the combat tracker.

1) Player can control combat tracker for NPCs
2) Player can see the same details as the DM in the Combat Tracker
3) Player can see friends, foes and neutral NPCs in the Combat Tracker
4) Players can remove and add effects from the CT

I apologize for it being a bit hacky in how I put it together. I need to go back and clean up a few things if I get time so that it more intelligently overrides default behavior. For now, I've mass duplicated and replaced functionality from CoreRPG and the 5E ruleset. That means that after each update, I'll have to go back in and make updates to make it compatible again.

Usage and known issues:
The Player should still select a player character. This makes it easy to share an Encounter.
The DM still has to place the NPC from the encounters onto the map (I think)
The DM still has to click the next turn indicator
CTRL+Click targeting may not be working for player controlled NPCs currently unless they are marked as Friend.

If you are developer and you want to open it up and modify it, you can unzip the .ext file and edit away. If you make improvements, feel free to post them back here - although I would encourage you to comment the code in case I get time to clean up my version of the extension in the future.

You can see it in action here:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/260190622

LordEntrails
May 11th, 2018, 21:02
Nice, thanks for sharing. I was wondering about that on the stream today :)

rob2e
May 11th, 2018, 21:23
Oooooo this is gonna be a good thing.

ddavison
May 11th, 2018, 22:02
I was a little hesitant to share it at this stage -- especially after I patched it up rather hastily after 3.3.5 dropped. Hopefully people get some good use out of it and I'll have time to keep it updated fully.

doseyclwn
September 7th, 2018, 00:30
Is there a current version of this? I downloaded it and can't seem to get it to work.

Atua
September 7th, 2018, 00:38
Battle Royale extension? It's not even April 1st.

LordEntrails
September 7th, 2018, 01:09
It was last updated for 3.3.5. Given the significant changes with 3.3.6 I'm not surprised the extension no longer works. It has not been updated. Not sure if Doug has plans or not. I suspect he will chime in here when he has time.

Atua
September 7th, 2018, 01:15
It was more a reference to the name, after the success of PUBG and Fortnite, everyone wants in on the Battle Royale pie. ;-)

GavinRuneblade
September 7th, 2018, 08:02
It was more a reference to the name, after the success of PUBG and Fortnite, everyone wants in on the Battle Royale pie. ;-)

Just curious, what is the relevance of PUBG and Fortnite to April 1?

ddavison
September 8th, 2018, 19:11
Yeah, it still needs to be updated. I'll need to see if I can grab some time to update it again in the near future.

ColinBuckler
September 10th, 2018, 07:49
I didnt know this existed....

Would be a great tool to help a friend become familiar with the GM side of Fantasy Grounds whilst having fun at the same time.

Definitely interested if this gets updated.

rob2e
March 11th, 2019, 00:23
Any update? It seems that even with the ext file in the extensions folder, it doesn't show up as an option to choose when loading FG.

jasonthelamb
March 11th, 2019, 00:28
Would be interesting if this could be updated /modified to allow the PCs to only control certain NPCs (animal companions or allies)

Davinci522
March 14th, 2019, 10:10
Would be interesting if this could be updated /modified to allow the PCs to only control certain NPCs (animal companions or allies)

I plus one this idea. It would be nice to give control of familiars to my wizard.

LordEntrails
March 14th, 2019, 16:56
Given Doug's comment on another thread (Game Statistics) that he is exceedingly busy for the next couple of months, I doubt he would have any time to make any modifications to this ruleset. (I suspect every free moment he has is going towards managing the company and FGU.)

However, Doug is a pretty friendly guy and I suspect if asked he would be happy to have someone else take up development of this ruleset.

ddavison
March 14th, 2019, 19:05
Yes, I'm afraid this one is lower on the priority scale for me at the moment... but anyone is free to grab it and crack it open to make modifications. I just ask that if you make something cool that you post it back up for others to share.

As for PCs controlling certain NPCs, you can already mostly do this. Drag the NPC record to the player's portrait within your game. Within the CT, mark the NPC as a friendly resource.

donpaulo
April 2nd, 2019, 03:04
I can see this being very useful for teaching future DMs how the combat tracker works