PDA

View Full Version : Players can't see my die

DM Patrick
May 11th, 2018, 14:17
Sorry if this is in the wrong spot, but I didn't think it belongs in a specific system.

I ran a game the other night after updating FG. Now my players only see silhouettes of my dice, but ARE able to see the result in accordance with my settings. What changed/can I change so that my 3d dice show back up?
I can see their dice fine.

EDIT for clarity: Show DM/GM rolls is on.

Nylanfs
May 11th, 2018, 14:23
There is an option in the settings for "Show GM Rolls".

DM Patrick
May 11th, 2018, 14:33
I know, thank you. I mentioned that in my post, obliquely. My players can see the results (DM Rolls are on) but not the actual dice.

Zacchaeus
May 11th, 2018, 15:39
The players don't 'see' your dice - only a shadow of your dice. The show GM rolls option shows the players the result of the dice roll, including who attacked, with what and whether they hit as well as damage with what and the amount of the damage etc etc. But at no point will the players actually see your dice.

DM Patrick
May 11th, 2018, 15:40
Has this always been the case? I've never been a player in FG. The way they were talking made it seem like this was a new development.

Zacchaeus
May 11th, 2018, 15:51
Has this always been the case? I've never been a player in FG. The way they were talking made it seem like this was a new development.

I think so. I'm rarely a player either. I just loaded up a second instance and tested things out before I posted and what I said above was the result. I've never noticed one way or the other.

Moon Wizard
May 11th, 2018, 18:48
It has always been this way. The 3D GM dice have only ever been displayed as shadows on the player clients.

Regards,
JPG

gandhi39
December 28th, 2018, 06:53
Is there any extension that makes players see the GM's dice? Can such an extension be created at all?

LordEntrails
December 28th, 2018, 18:12
There is no extension that I know of that currently does shows the GM dice to the players. I don't know if it is possible to write such.

gandhi39
December 28th, 2018, 23:13
It seems fantasy grounds was made that way, maybe since its first version. It would be nice to have the option of showing the DM's dice.

madman
December 28th, 2018, 23:30