PDA

View Full Version : That moment when you realize that you are gaining a good rep in the gaming community

InfinitePudding
May 11th, 2018, 01:02
I have been in a lot more games lately, :) I've made a lot of new friends and I am happy to find that I'm gaining a reputation as a friendly gamer and a good guy to hang out with in a group. :D I had a GM I game with vouch for me today in a LFG channel for the FG Discord and that felt great. :) All the other GMs I've been gaming with have also been telling others about me.

I didn't realize how small the online gaming community was but I am really kind of glad to find that being a nice guy has earned me the proper reputation. :) It certainly isn't hurting my chances of finding games. Before last year I was terribly shy about asking if I could join a game, but the more determined I got to get into the hobby the more GMs invited me to try playing at their virtual tables. It's been wonderful :)

I am really appreciative of the community. I couldn't imagine belonging to a more welcoming group than I do now. This hobby is probably my favorite thing in life right now. :) It gives me a chance to experience the things I could never do in my life, with my mental illness and broken body, with other great dreamers in innumerable fantastic worlds. It makes this life that I am living so much more rich and fulfilling knowing you all and experiencing these fantasies together with you. :)

Sorry I'm being so mushy, I just have to gush sometimes when I feel things are going so amazingly well. I hope there are other gamers out there, just as happy with this hobby as I am.

dulux-oz
May 11th, 2018, 02:48
Nice post :)

And yes, the FG Community is simple the best I've ever been involved in, as well.

Cheers

InfinitePudding
May 11th, 2018, 03:36
Thanks :) I love this place. I hope others can grow to love it as much as me!

Bidmaron
May 11th, 2018, 05:36
Great to hear someone enjoying the community we all cherish. Good gaming to you, Infinite!

jasonthelamb
May 11th, 2018, 07:42
The FG Community is a great place, I can honestly say that I can count on one hand the people I have had a negative experience with. It's a great place, and I think that the best part is that once you find a group that's good for you - people tend to stick together.

damned
May 11th, 2018, 14:49
People like to game with people they know and like.
Get in on games where ever you can - actively participate, and respect the others at the table - and more opportunities will follow.

JohnD
May 15th, 2018, 23:25
It's nice when you get involved with a stable roster of people who all get along together in a game.