PDA

View Full Version : Intro Adventure suggestions?

TriOpticon
May 10th, 2018, 22:50
Now that 1E is out as an official ruleset, are there any intro adventures that people can recommend? It has been awhile since I ran a Traveller game so I thought I would try to run an introductory one-shot via FG.

Any suggestions welcomed.

Thanks.

BDaniel
May 11th, 2018, 07:50
I have not played in over 30 years but I have purchased many adventures written by Michael Brown from RPGDRIVETHRU. They are relativity cheap 1 shots. Im sure you can find some good intro adventure there.

Honken
May 11th, 2018, 08:56
I was gonna suggest "secret of the ancients" a free Campaign from Mongoose Publishing, but i could not find it on the site.

Maybe somone have a link?

/H

Honken
May 11th, 2018, 08:59
I did find it on Drivethru, not so free though...

/Honken

MadBeardMan
May 12th, 2018, 17:06
Folks,

Be careful even with 'free' modules, if they're copyrighted you'll need their permission. Best speak to James at SW with any you're interested in doing.

I'm focusing on Mongoose 2E pretty much now (content wise), however I've been working (again with permission) on 'Tripwire'. It's a The Third Imperium era campaign book, it's all converted textwise, been working on Tables and sundry items. However it has a lot of info on Worlds on the Jewell Sub-sector, so for that I'm adding a Worlds data type to the Ruleset.

Cheers,
MBM

Trenloe
May 12th, 2018, 17:15
Be careful even with 'free' modules, if they're copyrighted you'll need their permission. Best speak to James at SW with any you're interested in doing.
I don't think TriOpticon was thinking of doing public FG conversions - just recommendations on what intro adventure/s to run.

MadBeardMan
May 12th, 2018, 17:19
I don't think TriOpticon was thinking of doing public FG conversions - just recommendations on what intro adventure/s to run.

I know he's not, he's a good fellow who sent me some excellent feedback. My message was just a reminder to people that the masses of content out there if converted can't be shared publically, but I'd love for people to do official conversions.

Cheers

TriOpticon
May 14th, 2018, 00:02
Thanks, everyone. Just looking for personal stuff but in the future, who knows. :) I would definitely clear it with all parties before proceeding if I did anything public.

Honken, I have Secrets of the Ancients and was looking at that the other day.

Hopefully I will have something soon.

backwardoracle
May 15th, 2018, 21:21
if a least one of your PC's is a scout, you can do the "deniable asset" routine and make them hire the rest, just a quick trip over the border and pick up data from a probe, 1: everything is as it seems 2: the probe has been hijacked by pirates 3: Another organisation has been downloading data 4: As 3 but they are lying in wait to see who turns up 5: As 2 but they are willing to return the data for a small favor 6: The Patron is doublecrossing the party and intends to skip the imperium with the data and blaming the PC's

TriOpticon
May 16th, 2018, 01:38
Good ideas, backwardoracle. So many options possible.

kingmaker2
May 16th, 2018, 01:56
"High and Dry" published by Mongoose gets recommended a lot as a good starter Traveller adventure. You can find it on drivethrurpg.

TriOpticon
May 16th, 2018, 02:21
Thanks, kingmaker2. I have that but it looks like 2E. At least it sports the new logo.

kingmaker2
May 16th, 2018, 03:02
I believe Comstar games had a contract to produce Traveller products for Mongoose. Their version of "High and Dry" was called "Type-S" and I think it was written for first edition. It is also available on drivethrurpg.

goodmanje
May 25th, 2018, 22:14
Chamax Plague and Horde