PDA

View Full Version : DM's Guild Platinum Flash Sale 5/10-5/13

Gwydion
May 10th, 2018, 14:10
Hey, all. I just saw there is a flash sale through this weekend on the dmsguild. I sorted the sale for 5e and am including the link below. Most of these are pdf's, but if you're like me I sometimes buy the pdf in addition to the fg module just because or, if it isn't converted yet, I just convert the small modules for my own use. Looks like there are some map packs in the sale too that could be useful.

https://www.dmsguild.com/browse.php?filters=0_0_0_0_0_45462_0_0_45717

paladiusdarkhelm
May 11th, 2018, 15:30
I don't suppose there an easy way to convert a small module, like some supported utility to feed a whole standard-formatted .pdf into where it spits out most of the Story, NPC, Encounter, etc. pieces?

Gwydion
May 11th, 2018, 16:12
I don't suppose there an easy way to convert a small module, like some supported utility to feed a whole standard-formatted .pdf into where it spits out most of the Story, NPC, Encounter, etc. pieces?

There isn't one overall utility that I'm aware of. There are tools that are helpful though like NPC Engineer by Maasq and I believe there is a utility that makes that copy/paste of the story entries easier but its escaping me right now. I tend to use the free version of pdf exchange and copy/paste the text into story entries and just create the NPC's with FG. I'll probably start using NPC Engineer more, though when I have time to really review it. Looks awfully cool.

LordEntrails
May 11th, 2018, 16:57
No. and their has never been one that can take a PDF and convert it to the different object types. But, their used to be a tool called Par5E, that you could build marked up text files for each object type, but it is no longer available. Two tools to replace parse have seen some development, NPC Engineer, and 5E Parser, but neither have reached the maturity level of Par5E.

paladiusdarkhelm
May 11th, 2018, 17:28
Thanks for the info! I'll have to figure out what NPC Engineer brings to the table regarding an entire adventure module PDF.