PDA

View Full Version : CoreRPG based: On Demand Manual Dice (DM only)

celestian
May 10th, 2018, 04:50
This extension should work with any CoreRPG based ruleset. It should NOT be used with AD&D Core as it's included in the ruleset already.

The extension allows you to control-click-dice or control-drag dice and it will popup the "Manual dice" roller window for quick manual dice roll.

Beta/Alpha versions can be found on this repository (https://github.com/CelestianGC/FG-DMD).

This means you don't have to toggle manual dice roller using the campaign setting (for everyone). If you've made the encounter to hard from the intended goal or the party is having to easy a time of it. You can now adapt on demand.

Version 3.0: Updates for CoreRPG Changes.

Download here:

seycyrus
May 11th, 2018, 00:11
Thanks Celestian! Two questions/comments.

1) Can you make it so that you cannot enter a dice value larger than the type of dice rolled? Fat fingers makes it possible to "input 23" into a d6 roll.

2) I tested this by logging on as localhost. When I do, I get a message "extension (custom dice results) loaded. Is there a way to remove this message for the players?

celestian
May 11th, 2018, 01:52
Thanks Celestian! Two questions/comments.

1) Can you make it so that you cannot enter a dice value larger than the type of dice rolled? Fat fingers makes it possible to "input 23" into a d6 roll.

This extension just loads the Manual Dice window built into CoreRPG.

2) I tested this by logging on as localhost. When I do, I get a message "extension (custom dice results) loaded. Is there a way to remove this message for the players?

Not sure what you mean. I do not see any message like that.

https://i.imgur.com/mzXv5Yu.png

seycyrus
May 11th, 2018, 03:21
Yes, I'm being dumb, my apologies. I confused it another extension. But now i see that I'm not seeing your extension at all. I'm using the Gurps Ruleset, which is based on Core.

Edit: I'm double, (or is it triple) today! Apologies again. I see it now.

celestian
May 11th, 2018, 03:25
Yes, I'm being dumb, my apologies. I confused it another extension. But now i see that I'm not seeing your extension at all. I'm using the Gurps Ruleset, which is based on Core.

I'm pretty sure GURPS is not loading CoreRPG.

seycyrus
May 11th, 2018, 03:35
I'm pretty sure GURPS is not loading CoreRPG.

I edited my last post without seeing your reply. I can see the extension now, thank you.

Btw, the newest Gurps ruleset is, "GURPS 4E Core Ruleset".

MTS
May 17th, 2018, 17:22
This extension is showing up on the client side. The clients have the option "Dice: Manual entry" - and they can turn it on even if the DM sets the client option to Off.

The only good thing about the player having it, is that if the player manually controls the outcome of the roll, the message [MANUAL ROLL] shows up for everyone. But can it be completely hidden from the player? Turning it "off" for clients in the DM options does not prevent a player from reactivating it in their own Options.

Trenloe
May 17th, 2018, 17:26
This extension is showing up on the client side. The clients have the option "Dice: Manual entry" - and they can turn it on even if the DM sets the client option to Off.

The only good thing about this is that if the player adds the number to the dice roller manually, the message [MANUAL ROLL] shows up for everyone. But can it be completely hidden from the player?
None of this is the extension - this is standard CoreRPG based ruleset functionality.

celestian
May 17th, 2018, 17:27

The only good thing about this is that if the player adds the number to the dice roller manually, the message [MANUAL ROLL] shows up for everyone. But can it be completely hidden from the player?

You're going to have to explain this to me. When I join a game as a client I don't have the option to "apply" extensions.

Edit:
Based on what Trenlow is saying I think I know where the confusion is. This extension simply allows the DM to "on demand" load the "built in Manual Dice Roller". Otherwise the manual dice roller that is built in has to be either ALL ON or ALL OFF.

Trenloe
May 17th, 2018, 17:42
The campaign option Dice: Manual Entry is a local setting. Players can turn it on or off for their rolls, independent of the GM.

MTS
May 17th, 2018, 17:42
So I've turned off the "client" in the DM screen. However, the player can go into their options and turn it "on" and use it from there. If the extension is loaded, the client sees the option to turn it on.

Trenloe
May 17th, 2018, 17:43
If the extension is loaded, the client sees the option to turn it on.
This is standard FG functionality. The extensions doesn't change it.

celestian
May 17th, 2018, 17:47
So I've turned off the "client" in the DM screen. However, the player can go into their options and turn it "on" and use it from there. If the extension is loaded, the client sees the option to turn it on.

You're confusing the built in functionality of CoreRPG's "Manual Roll" with this extension.

If you REMOVE this extension the Manual Roll campaign setting will still be there.

This extension ONLY allows you to use the manual roll on demand, w/o having to go into campaign settings and enable it.

MTS
May 17th, 2018, 18:46
Got it - thanks. I did confuse myself. :)

Ludd_G
May 19th, 2018, 14:44
Hi all,

thanks for this extension, it'll definitely speed things up at my table (I use FG to DM live at the table, with me manually inputting the players real dice rolls and me using the normal FG dice rolling functionality).

With that said, I don't suppose there is any chance to build an extension to automatically open the Manual Dice Roll window for all friendlies (the PCs) but not neutrals or enemies (NPCs controlled by me)? I'm not sure if there are handles that can be used to trigger events for different statuses of PC/NPC?

Cheers,

Simon

p.s. maybe this could also open up having a closer look at making using FG, as a DM tool at the table, more user friendly, as I think this hybrid use of computer assistance at the table will become an ever growing market, and I'd love FG to be at the forefront of it, e.g integration between DnDBeyond's character builder and great look-up capabilities, and FG's campaign, combat, maps, tables etc, etc. I keep seeing people ask for DnDB to be more of a VTT to use at the table, and just think an intersection of functionality between DnDB and a VTT (my preference being FG, obviously) would provide everything these people are asking for and bring a whole and different new audience to FG moving forwards... but maybe that's for a different thread... :)

Valyar
May 25th, 2018, 11:35
This extension is great. I roll dice in front of the players with all pros and cons (with the exception of the hidden rolls as rules demand), but sometimes I want to be able to introduce subtle plot armor in those rolls (damage rolls mainly) and this is excellent way to do it, without players noticing it easily.

What I see is that when a die is cast with "Manual" option there is no 3d roll rolling around, but I guess this is how CoreRPG works and nothing can be done to simulate a roll?

damned
May 25th, 2018, 15:19
If the dice roll then you take what the dice give you.

celestian
May 25th, 2018, 15:43
What I see is that when a die is cast with "Manual" option there is no 3d roll rolling around, but I guess this is how CoreRPG works and nothing can be done to simulate a roll?

Indeed that's how the manual dice roller in CoreRPG works. I noticed it myself.

Valyar
May 25th, 2018, 15:50
I would be awesome if a die is cast even with manual rolls. Then the immersion will be complete. :)
I know it is CoreRPG, just wishful thinking now from my side.

Trenloe
May 25th, 2018, 16:48
I would be awesome if a die is cast even with manual rolls. Then the immersion will be complete. :)
You can't force the 3D dice to roll a specific result - they are based on a random physics engine, and you can't tell FG which result to show on the die face at the end of the roll.

In the original proof of concept manual dice roller (that was the impetus for the manual roller appearing in the FG CoreRPG ruleset as standard) the dice still rolled, but the end result in the chat window was changed. See the screenshot and further info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?28235-manual-entry-dice-dialog-box-possible&p=252683&viewfull=1#post252683

Neither is really ideal - sharp eyed players might see that the die result was not what was rolled, or if the dice aren't rolled then players know that the result has been manually entered. Based off the latter, the CoreRPG FG code assumes that everyone knows that the dice results are being set - and this is made obvious by the [MANUAL] label in the action string.

celestian
May 25th, 2018, 17:20
I'd have to look at the code but you could probably force a dice roll and also force it hidden regardless of campaign settings so the players only see the shadow of the dice roll but it's not actually used. Doing that you wouldn't need to care what the dice roll showed (since you use the manual input value) but they'd think you did roll instead of input a roll.

Insanely busy right now so I can't poke at it but I'm pretty sure something like that is possible.

madman
May 26th, 2018, 03:51

I'd have to look at the code but you could probably force a dice roll and also force it hidden regardless of campaign settings so the players only see the shadow of the dice roll but it's not actually used. Doing that you wouldn't need to care what the dice roll showed (since you use the manual input value) but they'd think you did roll instead of input a roll.

Insanely busy right now so I can't poke at it but I'm pretty sure something like that is possible.

That would be AMAZING if you can make that work celestian (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/member.php?54726-celestian)!

Madman..

Trenloe
May 26th, 2018, 14:13
I'd have to look at the code but you could probably force a dice roll and also force it hidden regardless of campaign settings so the players only see the shadow of the dice roll but it's not actually used.
Look at secret in the roll/throw message structure here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/Comm.xcp This is usually set in the roll record bSecret value (e.g. rRoll.bSecret) which is then used in manager_actions.lua to set the secret flag in the message structure.

Bidmaron
June 1st, 2018, 17:44
So teen low you agree this is doable right?

celestian
June 1st, 2018, 18:36
So teen low you agree this is doable right?

Oh, it's 100% possible. I've got the next rev doing it I just haven't posted yet. Was going to look at messing with the manualrolls code so the roll happens when the DM presses the "check" box in the Manual Roller window....but not had chance yet. Right now it rolls the dice immediately (and hides them) when you control-click the dice. Your manual result text (if you show it to players) shows up when you click the check, so there will be slight delay.

celestian
June 1st, 2018, 19:48
Version 2.0

Added the "shadow" dice roll for players and ignores results using manual dice setting.

Keep in mind the dice will NOT match whatever you set manually (except if you're lucky) but the players will only see the dice shadow for the type of dice you are rolling...

Moon Wizard
June 1st, 2018, 21:15
Also, I will have a "faux roll" button in the next release for manual rolls. This will allow GMs (not players) to use manual rolling with shadow dice and no manual roll notification.

Regards,
JPG

celestian
June 1st, 2018, 21:21
Also, I will have a "faux roll" button in the next release for manual rolls. This will allow GMs (not players) to use manual rolling with shadow dice and no manual roll notification.

Regards,
JPG

Sweet. I can remove that bit from the extension when it happens ;)

Bidmaron
June 8th, 2018, 04:11

Regards,
JPG

Thanks, MW, and I thank you profusely for the onWindowOpened!
Now, if you can just put in an onTimeExpired or some other like-named routine to let us do something based on a real-time clock.

celestian
January 8th, 2019, 04:22
Update 2.1, cleanup for new options added from previous FG updates. Removed items no longer needed (part of CoreRPG now).

Ludd_G
January 15th, 2019, 16:04
Hi,

I use this extension at the table for face to face games and it's a real help in running sessions, so thank you. I would like to make one request though, I hope you don't mind, and that's to enquire if it'd be possible to adjust the extension to offer the option to make all PC rolls manual and all GM rolls automatic, if that makes sense? I use FG to manage all aspects of a session, but my players, understandably, love to roll their actual dice. I will always then input their rolls to aid with ongoing tracking of damage, effects, concentration etc. and am prone to forget to hold the modifier key to switch to manual entry, as I don't need to do that with all my GM rolls. Thanks for taking the time to read this, and thanks anyway, whatever your thoughts are.

Cheers,

Simon

celestian
January 15th, 2019, 16:21
Hi,

I use this extension at the table for face to face games and it's a real help in running sessions, so thank you. I would like to make one request though, I hope you don't mind, and that's to enquire if it'd be possible to adjust the extension to offer the option to make all PC rolls manual and all GM rolls automatic, if that makes sense? I use FG to manage all aspects of a session, but my players, understandably, love to roll their actual dice. I will always then input their rolls to aid with ongoing tracking of damage, effects, concentration etc. and am prone to forget to hold the modifier key to switch to manual entry, as I don't need to do that with all my GM rolls. Thanks for taking the time to read this, and thanks anyway, whatever your thoughts are.

Cheers,

Simon

That's an easy one. My extension actually just uses the built in functionality but with an on-demand feature. The built in feature already does what you are asking. Simply turn it on in the campaign settings. I'd also not use the extension at the same time tho I don't think it would cause any problems but it would be completely unnecessary.

Ludd_G
January 15th, 2019, 18:22
Hi Celestian,

thanks loads for getting back to me. I'm sorry but I think I didn't explain very well quite what I'd love to see (which I honestly suspect isn't going to be possible): Because I'm playing at the table, all my players use dice, paper character-sheets, notes etc., whilst I run and manage everything from within FG. So, whilst my players are keeping a track of their status etc on their sheets, I need to duplicate all that on the character sheets within FG, as well as all the normal GM stuff relating to all the NPCs.

So, to make maximum use of FG's automation and tracking, my game flow is thus: if I make an attack, save etc. with an NPC I would want the dice in FG to auto-roll, as they do with "Manual Roll" set to Off in Options, but when my players make a roll they then tell me what the roll is and I then need to input that roll in FG on their behalf (as none of the players is on a computer) thus needing "Manual Roll" to be active. This allows FG to track everything for both players and me, concentration, hp, etc, and correctly display it on the CT, which the players can see, and this is where your "On Demand" extension is really helping me out as I can toggle between die states using the modifier key...

But, you see, I'm a totally klutz and constantly forget to modify before rolling the dice, which can really slow the game down as I try and undo what I've just done. So, what would be amazing is: if rolls made for the PCs and rolls made for NPCs had something within the code that flagged them as in someway different (and this is where I'm guessing they don't, which would make this wish an impossible dream! :D ) then an extension could maybe automatically open the Manual Dice Roll window for all PC rolls, but would just roll the dice as though Manual was off, for all NPC rolls, if that make sense?

I realise this is massive over engineering for a total edge case, but when using FG at the table it would be a great help. And, as face to face games become popular once again, it would be great for FG to be the default session management tool at the table, and I think extensions like yours really help to keep FG relevant for a variety of play environments.

Thanks once again for getting back to me, and for taking the time to code this extension in the first place. Cheers!

celestian
January 15th, 2019, 18:48
The easiest way I see is having a client session running for them to roll (or you) and that one have the option enabled for manual rolls (built in). Otherwise there is no clean way to do it.

Ludd_G
January 15th, 2019, 18:50
Thanks again, that's what I suspected. I think I've just got to be better at remembering :o

Andraax
January 15th, 2019, 18:54
You turn on manual rolls for everything. Then, if you want the system to actually roll for you, when the window pops up click on the "die" icon and it rolls for you.

LordNova2
March 4th, 2019, 21:19
Story Text, which is achieved with /story or Ctrl+Enter, or even the formatted text in story sheets that you click on no longer show up with the formatted box around it when I enable this extension.
Not game-breaking in any way, but should be noted that it is messing with the format of the chat.

celestian
March 5th, 2019, 05:19
Story Text, which is achieved with /story or Ctrl+Enter, or even the formatted text in story sheets that you click on no longer show up with the formatted box around it when I enable this extension.
Not game-breaking in any way, but should be noted that it is messing with the format of the chat.

I'm not sure what that is But I'll look at it when I get back in town next week . I've never heard of either one of those options .

LordNova2
March 5th, 2019, 20:13
This function is used to making a bock of text for a description of a room or the actions of the NPCs easily outputted to the chat box by a click of the mouse. With a little extra formatting in the story sheet you can make it output as a quote, as in the NPC is saying it in the chat-box.
I am sure as soon as you get the chance to sit down to take a look, you will immidiotly know what I am talking about. ;)

realmsoff
March 7th, 2019, 21:37
Yep this extension (wich is awesome), at this moment, breaks the speech bubble and story box formatting in the chat box.

celestian
March 9th, 2019, 22:56
Yep this extension (wich is awesome), at this moment, breaks the speech bubble and story box formatting in the chat box.

Try the latest version 2.2. Testing on my end shows it working now.

realmsoff
March 11th, 2019, 13:16
I tested version 2.2 and the formatting is working like a charm again!

When I control-click-dice everything works perfect but when I control-drag dice however, it first shows a normal dice roll and then the input box shows up.

celestian
March 11th, 2019, 19:08
I tested version 2.2 and the formatting is working like a charm again!

When I control-click-dice everything works perfect but when I control-drag dice however, it first shows a normal dice roll and then the input box shows up.

Sorry I missed that. For now I've reverted the "fix". You'll have to do w/o the /story window frame in chat for now if you want to use this. I could not easily find the solution.

I'll try and revisit this when I have more time.

realmsoff
March 11th, 2019, 19:54
ok I'll use version 2.2 for now cause its more usefull to me. Hopefully this feature will be standard in FGunity.

It's really usefull to nudge level 1 characters or steer pivotal moments in a campaign without fumbling with the options menu.

RobboNJ69
October 11th, 2019, 05:10
Great extension. I did find one issue. It breaks the ability to drop a HTTP link into the chat. It shows (LINK) but isn't clickable. Without the extension turned on, I can paste a web link to chat and then drag it into a text block, description, etc.

Just letting you know. Thanks!

Dr0W
November 17th, 2019, 16:05
Great extension!

Main use I found for this is when I'm running face to face games. I want to roll NPC rolls on FG, but want to insert PC's rolls manually.

sstarsslayer
May 4th, 2020, 20:44
This extension breaks drag-dropping a link into chat. At least on FGU.
(Plain text will be dropped instead of a link)

celestian
May 4th, 2020, 21:12
This extension breaks drag-dropping a link into chat. At least on FGU.
(Plain text will be dropped instead of a link)

What ruleset?

sstarsslayer
May 4th, 2020, 22:02
What ruleset?

Tested on 4E and 5E (both FGU)
No other extensions loaded.
I do not get this chatwindow warning in the log without the extention.
The chatbox ones are there even without the extention though.

(Filename: ./Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

[5/4/2020 1:54:54 PM] [WARNING] chatwindow: Could not find link icon () in control (chat) in class (chat)

[5/4/2020 1:54:54 PM] [WARNING] Frame chatbox contains out-of-range values in TopRight.

[5/4/2020 1:54:54 PM] [WARNING] Frame chatbox contains out-of-range values in Right.

[5/4/2020 1:54:54 PM] [WARNING] Frame chatbox contains out-of-range values in BottomRight.

[5/4/2020 1:54:55 PM] RULESET: 4E ruleset v3.3.11 for Fantasy Grounds
Copyright 2019 Smiteworks USA, LLC

[5/4/2020 1:54:55 PM] RULESET: CoreRPG ruleset v3.3.11 for Fantasy Grounds
Copyright 2019 Smiteworks USA, LLC

[5/4/2020 1:54:55 PM] EXTENSION: -- onDemand Manual Dice v2.3\rCoreRPG+ version for Fantasy Grounds\r--by Celestian 2018

SEND COMMAND (CHATR - HostChat) TO ID (-1)

GENERAL COMMAND (HOSTING): CHATR - HostChat

celestian
May 4th, 2020, 22:12
Sorry, I'm not running the "release version" and forgot. You'll be happy to know the 2.5 version works fine in FGU. I'll release it when I feel I won't have to change code again and release another rev. Probably around the time FGU is "stable" and released officially.

If you know how to do it you're welcome to run the version on GitHub.

sstarsslayer
May 4th, 2020, 22:17
Oh, thanks, I'll grab 2.5 from Github then.

vaughnlannister
May 15th, 2020, 15:19
Hey I downloaded the on-demand dice extension from the first page, is this the 2.5 version that is up on github? I'm not sure if this is a bug but, whenever I make a role, without having the (roll tab left above the chat open) it will automatically open the roll tab and add the dice? Is it suppose to work like this?

Thanks!

damned
May 15th, 2020, 15:38
Are you using extensions in Manage Characters?

Trenloe
May 15th, 2020, 15:44
I'm not sure if this is a bug but, whenever I make a role, without having the (roll tab left above the chat open) it will automatically open the roll tab and add the dice? Is it suppose to work like this?
Sounds like you have the standard manual rolls enabled in the campaign settings.

celestian
May 15th, 2020, 17:52
Sounds like you have the standard manual rolls enabled in the campaign settings.

Thats what I think is happening as well. This extension is so you can hold control while rolling to pop it up w/o setting that option in the Campaign settings.

vaughnlannister
May 15th, 2020, 20:22
Thanks guys, figured it out, I disabled manual rolls (I thought this was part of the extension)
Works perfectly now after I re-read your first post, when I control click and drag like you say I get the same pop up, without having manual rolls enabled!

Awesome, I'm using this for rerolls adding 1d6 Bardic Inspiration :)!

Zedrin
August 6th, 2020, 20:42
Has this extension been updated for unity?

Andraax
August 6th, 2020, 20:56
Has this extension been updated for unity?

Does it not work under Unity?

arcanjl
August 15th, 2020, 14:53
Tested in Unity, working great

mattekure
August 23rd, 2020, 20:58
I discovered an issue with this extension. With this extension loaded, when URLs are typed into the chat, it does not create the links for the URLs. Tested in Classic, no other extensions enabled.

Without extension, when typing in URL, it creates the link.
https://imgur.com/8Jgjtm7.jpg

With the extension, it outputs just the text "(LINK)" but does not create the actual link.
https://imgur.com/Hxs6OCy.jpg

celestian
August 24th, 2020, 06:29
I run this in brand new CoreRPG campaign and it works fine. I get a hotlink button to click in CoreRPG that loads the URL. Does the same in 5e.

https://i.imgur.com/gILJNWn.png

mattekure
August 24th, 2020, 11:41
I just tried in a brand new 5e campaign, only this extension loaded and got the same issue. I am using v2.3 linked in the first post. Is there another version elsewhere?

celestian
August 24th, 2020, 15:18
I just tried in a brand new 5e campaign, only this extension loaded and got the same issue. I am using v2.3 linked in the first post. Is there another version elsewhere?

Looks like I updated this 2 months ago (just checked repo) but never posted. Was probably waiting for FGU. I'll post it now (2.5).

celestian
August 24th, 2020, 15:19
Version 2.5: Updates for FGU. Chat ICON fixes.

arcanjl
August 24th, 2020, 15:25
Thank you :)

Ludd_G
August 24th, 2020, 17:24
Just checked and all is working now. Thanks for sorting this so quickly!

arcanjl
August 27th, 2020, 19:14
Just FYI, this ext breaks mattekure's Syrinscape ext in Unity (I don't know about classic). I don't think it use to??

smeevil
February 9th, 2021, 03:55
I can confirm this breaks the Fantasy-Grounds-Syrinscape-Sound-Chat-Triggers, took me a good while of filtering plugins one by one until I found which one was causing it. Would be awesome if you could take a look at this :D

celestian
February 20th, 2021, 01:55
Version 2.6: Updates for CoreRPG 2021.02 changes.

arcanjl
February 20th, 2021, 16:08
Awesome! Do you happen to know if it works with mattekure's Syrinscape ext?

RobboNJ69
February 27th, 2021, 21:36
Celestian, Thank you for the work maintaining this extension! It would be sooo much harder to kill off the PCs without it!

LaiJien
March 4th, 2021, 20:14
Hi, Celestian!

I tried using your extension on a MacBook Pro, macOS Catalina Version 10.15.7, running Fantasy Grounds Unity in 5e, and it doesn't seem to work. Manual dice are turned off in the Options, and the only things I have loaded are your extension, two "Feature: D&D Official Language Fonts," and "Theme: FG Wood." Is this extension not Mac compatible?

Many thanks!

celestian
March 4th, 2021, 20:19
I can confirm this breaks the Fantasy-Grounds-Syrinscape-Sound-Chat-Triggers, took me a good while of filtering plugins one by one until I found which one was causing it. Would be awesome if you could take a look at this :D

Couldn't say, I don't have a mac ;) Far as I know no one has complained before however... tho FGU does handle button types differently now... but it's "control" on PC, whatever it is on the mac should be reported by the Input api properly.

LaiJien
March 4th, 2021, 20:46
Couldn't say, I don't have a mac ;) Far as I know no one has complained before however... tho FGU does handle button types differently now... but it's "control" on PC, whatever it is on the mac should be reported by the Input api properly.

Double checking I did this correctly: I targeted a PC, then double clicked on the NPC’s attack in the Combat Tracker while holding down CONTROL - this should have opened the Manual Dice window, yes? I also tried it while holding down SHIFT, then trying it with OPTION (usually equates to ALT on a non-Mac), then trying it with COMMAND. None worked.

celestian
March 4th, 2021, 22:50
Version 2.7: Updates for CoreRPG 2021.02 changes, typo fixed ;(

LaiJien
March 4th, 2021, 23:03
Version 2.7: Updates for CoreRPG 2021.02 changes, typo fixed ;(

Voila! It works - thank you so very very much!!!

celestian
March 4th, 2021, 23:26
Voila! It works - thank you so very very much!!!

Yup, it turns out .isHost is not the same as .IsHost.... bad search and replace for the 2021-02 updates ;(

Cheers!

Federicodip
March 9th, 2022, 19:10
Hi Celestian, the extension now gives me this error:

Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_action_attack_onDemandManua..."]:15: attempt to call field 'addRoll' (a nil value)
It opens the manual dice entry window but its empty and it opens the log window with the error above.
Maybe u can fix it as before, seems fantasy grounds is changing a bit the way it handles extensions in these last days... or maybe it is a bad interaction with Requested Rolls or some other extensions. By the way... I'm using it for 5e ruleset with a bunch of extensions but I don't think its a bad interection with other extensions: I tried to shutdown all of them with the exception of onDemandManualDice and same error occurred. It also ran smothly before fantasy grounds update with all extensions on.
I know its a little feature but its really usefull, so thank you very much for your extension and for trying to keep it updated, you makes my life as a DM easier!

eporrini
March 18th, 2022, 19:14

It opens the manual dice entry window but its empty and it opens the log window with the error above.
Maybe u can fix it as before, seems fantasy grounds is changing a bit the way it handles extensions in these last days... or maybe it is a bad interaction with Requested Rolls or some other extensions. By the way... I'm using it for 5e ruleset with a bunch of extensions but I don't think its a bad interection with other extensions: I tried to shutdown all of them with the exception of onDemandManualDice and same error occurred. It also ran smothly before fantasy grounds update with all extensions on.
I know its a little feature but its really usefull, so thank you very much for your extension and for trying to keep it updated, you makes my life as a DM easier!

I get the same error.

celestian
March 18th, 2022, 19:26

To be honest I didnt know anyone used this extension ;) I wrote it a long time ago for someone but not looked at it. That said, the 2E ruleset has the feature built in and I had to correct it recently when CoreRPG changed and broke the feature.

I'll look at updating it once I get some other tasks done.

Federicodip
March 23rd, 2022, 10:25
To be honest I didnt know anyone used this extension ;) I wrote it a long time ago for someone but not looked at it. That said, the 2E ruleset has the feature built in and I had to correct it recently when CoreRPG changed and broke the feature.

I'll look at updating it once I get some other tasks done.

Thank you so much, this extension do very little but it does it in a very simple and usefull way, that's the way software should be! It should be integrated in core, I think.
If you put it in forge it would be wonderfull

seycyrus
March 26th, 2022, 13:54
To be honest I didnt know anyone used this extension ;)...

I only use it when I need to...

I too am getting errors. A fix would be greatly appreciated.

RobboNJ69
March 28th, 2022, 14:14
Thanks in advance for updating it!

celestian
March 31st, 2022, 19:10
I've uploaded the latest version that fixes what CoreRPG changes broke. I tested under 5E and it worked fine.

This will probably be my last update to this extension.

GEONE
June 25th, 2022, 05:18
Would it be possible to save a manual roll result to be later used without the need for the window pop-up?

Like, I could use the command /die 3d6 (4, 2, 6) and drag that into a quickbar slot and later just drag that into chat to faux-roll 3d6 and automatically fudge the outcome to be a 4, a 2, and a 6?

This would be an awesome functionality if at all possible, and it would mitigate the painful delay of having to manually entering the results of the roll into the manual-roll window on the fly.

seycyrus
November 13th, 2022, 18:30
Good afternoon. I know that this is not being actively supported, but I thought I would ask in case anyone is paying attention.

A couple of months ago, I noticed that when I use this extension, I no longer get the button "f" button to perform the faux roll (shadows on the players side etc.).

I got busy in rl, and forgot about it, and now I'm getting ready to game again and would like this functionality. Where/how would I go about looking into this to make it work again?

Has anyone else noticed the missing "f"?

I'm using the GURPS ruleset.

Zacchaeus
November 13th, 2022, 18:41
The faux roll will only work if you have Show DM rolls set to off. This is because the players now see the DM's actual dice when DM rolls are on and the rolling dice would end in a different result than the faux roll. And so the players would know something wasn't right.

seycyrus
November 13th, 2022, 21:11
The faux roll will only work if you have Show DM rolls set to off. This is because the players now see the DM's actual dice when DM rolls are on and the rolling dice would end in a different result than the faux roll. And so the players would know something wasn't right.

Ya gotta be kidding me! I'm batting near 100% for posting silly things on this forum today!

I'll thank you in advance for your patience, in anticipation of next time.

Not only do I not remember changing that, I also though I remember toggling it around when I verified my "bug".

seycyrus
November 13th, 2022, 21:41
Upon a closer examination, I STILL think the extension behavior has changed.

Looking at your reply (emphasis mine) I wonder if I misread it before.

...This is because the players now see the DM's actual dice when DM rolls are on and the rolling dice would end in a different result than the faux roll. And so the players would know something wasn't right.

Is that statement meant to tell me that something is different now, compared to, say, 6 months ago?

Moon Wizard
November 14th, 2022, 00:13
Yes, GM dice always appeared as shadows on player machines as prior to v4.3.0, regardless of whether roll result or action result was shown.

With the release of v4.3.0, the visibility of GM dice is tied to where roll result is shown (i.e. Show GM rolls option). This allows for both GMs and players to use the new dice skins.

Regards,
JPG